• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Max Payne 3 |OT| Funny as hell, we couldn't decide on a sub-title

iNvid02

i don't say this often, but this is possibly the worst game ever made.

VpGQS.gif

funny_little_duck.jpg

Spat_triate

Getting a black screen on startup wth..

Won't go past the black screen after the initial rockstar copyright info....anyone know what to do?
For now we are SOL until R* releases a steam patch. A LOT of folks (including me) have been complaining about this problem. Contact R* support, but it probably won't help.

Edit: Look HERE for more info.

Stitch

Gold Member
uuhhggg I hate it when I have to protect someone in a game.

whoops one second too late, the guy is dead: replay whole section again... yay \o/

i don't say this often, but this is possibly the worst game ever made.

Okay, okay.....bfffhahaha.......SERIOUSLY. Okay, so you have stated the worst game you have ever played...Can you give us an example of the greatest game you have ever played? I will try to hold back my laughter.

Rumble19

I LOVE this game, just beat it on medium. To play through on hard do I start a new game? Or do I chapter select the first level and pick hard from there?

Montresor

Well if it turned out good yeah, but 8 hours is never acceptable no matter what.

Eh I totally disagree. When a game is meant to be replayed over and over, I don't want it to be much more than 8 hours. The length is just about right. If anything it's too long.

Yamibito

Well if it turned out good yeah, but 8 hours is never acceptable no matter what.

When a game is paced incredibly well and has production values as high as this game does I think it's more than acceptable. I thought the game was a perfect length, Uncharted 2 was also a perfect length and I also think Ico (which is like 4 or so hours) is a perfect length- not all games need to be huge RPG epics with shitty combat and bad production values that far outstay their welcome.

njean777

Can I get an invite to the Gaf crew? Pc Version btw, I have no clue if they are cross platform. Also my social tag is njean777

Varna

Hit a wall with the game... need some advice.

Don't know the chapter name but it's after
you place C4 to take down a building
. Seems to be a time limit, but that last dude is pretty rough since he has a ridiculous vantage point. Any advice? Just getting to him from the check point can be rough just because of the obvious environmental challenges. Playing on hard too.

Divius

Played a few hours. It feels console-ified. Also STOP PAUSING THE ACTION FOR CUTSCENES. Beyond that and the terrible artstyle I am liking it.

edit: and stop switching my weapons after cutscenes :mad:

Derrick01

Banned

Then I know I've officially made it here! In all seriousness it's only the worst game I've played this year because I've played like 4 games I think so far. Much too small of a sample size.

edit: Actually I take that back. I completely forgot I played the new Syndicate. I don't think anything this year will be as bad as that was.

I'm still downloading this off Steam, but It can't be as bad as Alice Madness Returns.

It's definitely not.

Everdred

Some of these comments are insane... Worse game ever? Hardly. I've been playing through on Hard and it is an absolute blast. Great animations, interesting story, fun gun play. What did you people expect this game to be?

New York Minute is really fun

Max Payne 1 model or Laudry Day Max are awesome

I'm not sure if it was a pre-order or an in-game skin, but someone in multiplayer had a classic Max skin and it was spouting the most ridiculous lines after every kill. I damn near got killed a few times because I was laughing so hard.

Gui_PT

I'm not sure if it was a pre-order or an in-game skin, but someone in multiplayer had a classic Max skin and it was spouting the most ridiculous lines after every kill. I damn near got killed a few times because I was laughing so hard.

:lol

Wish I had that skin for MP

solarus

Just finished the game, for me that was the best max payne game in the series. Just fantastic throughout, and the ost was really exceptional especially when tears kicks in on the last level. I thought the length was fine, thought it would be much shorter than it was having seen everyone rage about it's length, I was happy with the ending as well. Played it on PC and the game looked really stunning. Now onto multiplayer and arcade mode. Rockstar have been killing it this gen.
EDIT: Also I must be in the minority loving the cutscenes, I really enjoyed some of the transitions from some of them. Also I don't understand alot of complaints about the checkpoints being unforgiving in the game. Whereso? I never found any to make me lose any significant progress at all.

Right now I'm hoping for a "skip cutscene" patch because all these pauses between the action are really killing my Old School playthrough. I thought this mode also got rid of the cover mechanics, but it seems to only remove Last Stand.

Played a few hours. It feels console-ified. Also STOP PAUSING THE ACTION FOR CUTSCENES. Beyond that and the terrible artstyle I am liking it.

edit: and stop switching my weapons after cutscenes :mad:
Agreed completely with the cutscenes. Though if you go back to MP1/2 you'll see that they were pretty console friendly as well.

New York Minute is really fun

Max Payne 1 model or Laudry Day Max are awesome
I really love the models for Max Payne 2 and Mona Sax in this game, it's like they directly took the model and layered some shaders on top or something, but they look spot on. Max Payne 1 looks offputting to me, I dunno, he just looks weird. I don't even like looking at him.

His face is screwed up but that's the point
Oh I know, I just mean compared to the constipated Lake face.

7VmQC.jpg

I think it's the brows that are throwing me off.

Damn though, I love the way the MP2 characters look. Maybe I'll pop into Deathmatch afterall and try 'em out.

iCRXX.jpg
1CkZM.jpg

woober

7VmQC.jpg

Damn though, I love the way the MP2 characters look. Maybe I'll pop into Deathmatch afterall and try 'em out.

iCRXX.jpg
1CkZM.jpg

FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU. I want them. Anyone somehow still have those bonuses they haven't activated for PC?

Here's some blood:

ir58RmvRmyCSQ.bmp

7VmQC.jpg

iCRXX.jpg
1CkZM.jpg

The SP version of the MP1 skin looks different, a lot more fucking weird. I remember seeing a preview of the classic pack, and the MP2 skin actually looked a lot like Timothy Gibbs in the graphic novel scenes. Wish they kept that look.

maxclassic_max2.jpg

They also need to add clothing physics for the MP1 and MP2 skins. Strange how they use the same coat model as the Hoboken skin, yet it stays stuck in place. Ditto with the tie on the MP2 model.

Top Bottom