• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Max Payne 3 |OT| Funny as hell, we couldn't decide on a sub-title

any live streams up? i just wanna see how the final build looks like.

Not right now I think.

X360 version ran pretty fluid from what I could tell. Although the guy playing sucked it seems the controls were responsive.

From the earlier stream I could already tell that the screen flickering and the presentation techniques they use to show Max's "hallucinations" in reality are very obtrusive, at least to me. Hopefully that stuff gets toned down in the later levels. It almost like playing your game on a broken TV.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Yeah i think it's a bit too early for more live streams. Not everyone is lucky enough to get the game 5 days before the official release.

Sethos

Banned
So, trailer today and then my media blackout commences as I wait for the glorious PC version. Enjoy the game everyone.

Sethos

Banned
How will you survive? Diablo 3?

Sadly no, Diablo isn't my thing. I am getting it through my Annual Pass so I'll probably check it out. However I will be building my PC this weekend hopefully, so I'll have two weeks to get it dialed in for some MP3 2560x1600, tons of AA, all details cranked up action, eeep.

My God, coming back to this thread to read stream impressions is giving me serious GTAIV + RDR release flashbacks. THE HYPE JUST SURPASSED LEVELS UNIMAGINABLE.

+ NeoGANG O.G. status = WIN

So if I bought the Season Pass off PSN, what does it entail? Reading the description, I'm confused..

Edit: Oh I see, so you get all the DLC at a discounted price. Did anyone buy the LA Noire Season Pass?

I got a message saying that I got one also, but it says I have 0 invites when I click on "My Crews".. so I just requested another.

Same here, i got a mesage saying that Simo invited me, but there's no invites under "my crews". I'll shoot another request to Simo, or perhaps someone who is already a member of NeoGang can invite me in the meantime, my PSN is everlong416.

Enco

So if I bought the Season Pass off PSN, what does it entail? Reading the description, I'm confused..

Edit: Oh I see, so you get all the DLC at a discounted price. Did anyone buy the LA Noire Season Pass?
Don't you get the DLC for free?

You have to buy the game, buy the season pass and still buy the DLC but at a discount?

Can't be right.

Fjordson

I did, but that was all single-player stuff.

It's worth noting that R* said the season pass price is "not a limited time offer" so you can try the multiplayer out next week to see if you like it.

Same here, i got a mesage saying that Simo invited me, but there's no invites under "my crews". I'll shoot another request to Simo, or perhaps someone who is already a member of NeoGang can invite me in the meantime, my PSN is everlong416.
I'm going to be up for a while, I think I can invite some people. But I think I can only do it by your Social Club usernames.

Don't you get the DLC for free?

You have to buy the game, buy the season pass and still buy the DLC but at a discount?

Can't be right.
Nah, the $30 for the season pass will get you each piece of DLC at no extra cost as each one comes out.

Abylim

Maybe abit late, but request sent for Neopayne.
Will be picking this up day 0. First Max Payne game ever, but I lovelovelove Third person shooters, and all the gifs have sold me utterly on this.

Baw, just read... will request for other gang. thats what I get for only reading the frst 4 pages.

Invited! I think :lol

Funny as hell, i still don't know how to get into NeoGang. I wonder how i even managed to join NeoPayne, must have been dumb luck. This stuff is so confusing. :p

I got your invite and one from Freewheeling, but i'm not sure where the accept button for the invite is. I accepted your FR though.

Edit: And another invite by Simo. I feel so incompetent. XD

I think so. The crew wide achievements and stuff can be tracked from all three platforms, so it makes sense.

And invited.

Not sure if I have to do something now. I sent a request to join and a minute late I got your invite. How do I accept?

EDIT: nvm I'm in.

Simo

Alrighty folks I just sent out 22 invites to those requesting and then I'll be at work from now until 4pm EST so I won't be able to accept more invites until after then, so don't kill me!

Fjordson

For invites, try clicking on crews at the very top, then on the yellow "Crew Up" under the bit where it says "form crews in Max Payne 3 and keep them going in Grand Theft Auto V".

Then click the purple "My Crews" on the left. That should show your invites.

For invites, try clicking on crews at the very top, then on the yellow "Crew Up" under the bit where it says "form crews in Max Payne 3 and keep them going in Grand Theft Auto V".

Then click the purple "My Crews" on the left. That should show your invites.

That's where i looked earlier, but the invite wasn't there yet. I just checked again though and now it's there, i guess there's a delay? Anyway, finally joined NeoGang, thanks guys!

Blutonium

So, trailer today and then my media blackout commences as I wait for the glorious PC version. Enjoy the game everyone.

Same here, I bid you all adieu. I don't feel like getting spoiled, even when the console version is officially released.

By the way Sethos I can't find you in the MP Account spreadsheet? Please add me on Steam, because for some weird reason my hardcore gamer friends have zero interest in this game - and I want to spread terror with the NeoGANG.

Sethos

Banned
Same here, I bid you all adieu. I don't feel like getting spoiled, even when the console version is officially released.

By the way Sethos I can't find you in the MP Account spreadsheet? Please add me on Steam, because for some weird reason my hardcore gamer friends have zero interest in this game - and I want to spread terror with the NeoGANG.

Well, the reason why I haven't added myself is because Multiplayer doesn't look that attractive to me at the moment. The bursts thing I just plain hate and won't be able to enjoy and the nameplates thing that only seems like a local option to turn off, meaning you still show up like a bad Christmas light for everyone else when you want to go sneaky-commando style, eugh.

So unless there's some 'vanilla' modes I'll probably stick to SP.

Blutonium

Well, the reason why I haven't added myself is because Multiplayer doesn't look that attractive to me at the moment. The bursts thing I just plain hate and won't be able to enjoy and the nameplates thing that only seems like a local option to turn off, meaning you still show up like a bad Christmas light for everyone else when you want to go sneaky-commando style, eugh.

So unless there's some 'vanilla' modes I'll probably stick to SP.

Yeah I know what you mean, I know for sure I will stick way more hours into the single player - but there's no point in not trying ;)

Done added me to the XBL and steam because I'm getting both versions.

Toevoegen die handel! There's only one TheDutchSlayer on Steam though, but his account hasn't been set up correctly yet (that's all Steam tells me).

Toevoegen die handel! There's only one TheDutchSlayer on Steam though, but his account hasn't been set up correctly yet (that's all Steam tells me).
Don't add TDS but add the one that is in the google docs, I my steam account when you could not create one with an nickname but with an e-mail address.
Just add that e-mail address and you'll see me.

Just sent a request to join the crew. Gamertag: Pluskwamp.

So hyped for this, now I just gotta decide between PS3 or 360. With past history in mind, the latter seems like the safest choice.

Wow reading the last 2-3 pages of hype has got me hyped. May 15th might be the greatest day in gaming history
Oh wait no PC version till the 29th, still an epic month.

Top Bottom