• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Max Payne 3 |OT| Funny as hell, we couldn't decide on a sub-title

iNvid02

Still need that OT switched to Bullet Time, Papi

431.jpg

i concur

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
We seriously need a new thread for this crew stuff shit.

AEREC

Sent a request for the crew on social club: AEREC

Ill be getting the 360 version and the PC version when it comes out.

edit...thanks for the quick invite.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I dont think they'll spoil much in the new launch trailer =P

I know but launch trailers always have me nervous. Mass Effect 2's shows almost the entire suicide mission and Uncharted 3's spoils all the awesome parts from the second half of the game. If it's just Max shooting guys with cool music though I'm in.

I know but launch trailers always have me nervous. Mass Effect 2's shows almost the entire suicide mission and Uncharted 3's spoils all the awesome parts from the second half of the game. If it's just Max shooting guys with cool music though I'm in.

I think Fjordson said last night they'll be playing a new HEALTH track. If that's true...XD

Rockstar are usually pretty good with this kind of stuff. I doubt they'll give away anything big. I can't ever remember big spoilers from them before.

Sent a request to NeoGANG... name is bkaRevolutionary

Can't wait for this game to drop!

However, Diablo III gets dibs on the 15th. Gonna be a hell of a day!

Very nice.

Despite the gut-wrenchingly dark themes of Max Payne 3, one can still have fun playing through it. If you remove the context of the story, it's a pretty unique shooter: One that encourages constant aggression rather than careful, cover-to-cover moments.
.It requires that you to unlearn what you've been taught in games like Uncharted and Gears of War, often going headlong towards your attackers instead of cowering behind fallen furniture. Ammo is in short supply and moving backwards will leave your clips empty in no time.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Very nice.

Despite the gut-wrenchingly dark themes of Max Payne 3, one can still have fun playing through it. If you remove the context of the story, it's a pretty unique shooter: One that encourages constant aggression rather than careful, cover-to-cover moments.
.It requires that you to unlearn what you've been taught in games like Uncharted and Gears of War, often going headlong towards your attackers instead of cowering behind fallen furniture. Ammo is in short supply and moving backwards will leave your clips empty in no time.
Awesome. Even if the story and atmosphere wind up being different from the previous games it sounds like they absolutely nailed what makes the Max Payne series gameplay so great. It'll be really refreshing in a day of all health regen/cover based shooters.

JambiBum

On the whole nameplate situation in mp, last night when I was watching the stream I noticed that the names don't show up unless someone is in your line of sight. So it is possible to be sneaky.

cackhyena

Ah, I see. Watching that terribly played stream last night somehow got me more hyped for this game than anything Rockstar has released. Seeing it in motion really does it justice much better. Same thing happened with RDR for me.

angrybus

Banned
Ah, I see. Watching that terribly played stream last night somehow got me more hyped for this game than anything Rockstar has released. Seeing it in motion really does it justice much better. Same thing happened with RDR for me.
Is there an archive of the stream?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
What's the verdict on spoilers for the launch trailer? I don't want to see much in the way of cutscenes or areas not in the design and tech videos.

Nibel

On the whole nameplate situation in mp, last night when I was watching the stream I noticed that the names don't show up unless someone is in your line of sight. So it is possible to be sneaky.

There is even a DLC pakc which is called Silent Killer

bZ52e.gif

There is a perk called Abhörgerät (Listening Device in German). So, it is indeed possible to be sneaky.

Top Bottom