• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Max Payne 3 |OT| Funny as hell, we couldn't decide on a sub-title

iNvid02

http://www.rockstargames.com/maxpayne3/multiplayer

Rockstar's MP3 inaugural event via PSN on Friday, May 18th 4-7PM EST

XBL - Saturday, May 19th 1-4PM EST

yeah i saw this yesterday, its good that they're not doing it on 15th and giving the
finger to everyone outside US, i will be there to kill some rockstars but i dont think
there is a trophy for that this time

and a singleplayer livestream is just not for me, no way. i could watch a mp stream but
it seems the dude's playing suck, cant cover and it doesnt make for a very good watch lol

i know everyone is not a pro, i stopped playing mp properly a while ago so im probably just average, but i hope the gaf crew is decent at least and knows how to play as a team

what im saying is DONT BE SUCKY NEOGANG

yeah i saw this yesterday, its good that they're not doing it on 15th and giving the
finger to everyone outside US, i will be there to kill some rockstars but i dont think
there is a trophy for that this time

and a singleplayer livestream is just not for me, no way. i could watch a mp stream but
it seems the dude's playing suck, cant cover and it doesnt make for a very good watch lol

i know everyone is not a pro, i stopped playing mp properly a while ago so im probably just average, but i hope the gaf crew is decent at least and knows how to play as a team

what im saying is DONT BE SUCKY NEOGANG

Nope no R* trophy. Instead we get the one for killing one of our friends. Haha. I think the date is really cool too. I'm definitely game to take on the Rockstar devs, but for some reason I've got more of an itch to start a large war with IGN, G4 or GameSpot ;)

Simo

yeah I think we'll be okay. Just feel bad for Simo when he gets back into the SC and sees 50 new requests.

Naw I learned from yesterday and while I can't visit GAF from work I can the Social Club so I've been inviting requests all day.

As usual, another GIF.

launchgifgjx9u.gif

AWESOME.

FUCK AWESOME...but let's be careful with these gifs from streams that contain scenes from areas we haven't seen or barely glimpsed.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Trying my hardest not to watch the new trailer, only 8 days for me... (I hope Amazon post it to me on release lol)

Doesn't really spoil too much. Well ok, it depends on what other MP3 trailers you've seen already.

I wish Rockstar would give Max Payne the GTA III Claude treatment by having a figure of his own complete with his guns and accessories (i.e. painkillers and booze)

Tell me that would not be sick (and twice the actual game's price lol)

"We were able to use advanced particle effects so that everything that should break, shatter or explode does so in the most beautiful way. You'll notice the minute details of the weapons themselves: hammers cock back, slides move, shells expel from the chamber – and it looks amazing in slow motion."
"Enemies will react to multiple hits from bullets no matter how fast they happen," explains Nelson. "This has never been done at this level and is a direct result of upgrades to the integration of RAGE and Natural Motion's Euphoria System (which governs animation and model reaction)."

I came.

Simo

Of course a friend just posted the opening of the game on my FB showing the main menu. He didn't know any better though. Still got defriended pretty fast.

...that Max Payne theme and main menu was pretty fucking slick. Also Golden Guns have various effects?

Fjordson

Of course a friend just posted the opening of the game on my FB showing the main menu. He didn't know any better though. Still got defriended pretty fast.

...that Max Payne theme and main menu was pretty fucking slick. Also Golden Guns have various effects?
I believe they grant infinite ammo for that gun on subsequent playthroughs. Have to beat it first, though, which is good I think. They could do more, I'm not sure.

all i want to know: how is the framerate on consoles and how long is the game (6-8 or 10-12 hours)?
Frame rate on 360 seems really smooth going by live streams. Length is about 9 hours from what I've heard (seen people with early copies and/or pirates say 9 hours).

I wish Rockstar would give Max Payne the GTA III Claude treatment by having a figure of his own complete with his guns and accessories (i.e. painkillers and booze)

Tell me that would not be sick (and twice the actual game's price lol)

max-payne-3-max-payne-10-inch-statue.jpg

Oh....you are talking about a Max doll you can dress. I KID, I KID!! Hahaha.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
So what will be the password for the private stream lol

He will say it when there are more people in the stream

R* ninjas will own his ass before he even started the game lol

geebee

Banned
Can a member of NeoGang invite me to the crew?

I've requested an invite twice and both of Simo's invitations do not appear for me, so I'm thinking a regular member sending the invite might work.

SC: geebee765

Can a member of NeoGang invite me to the crew?

I've requested an invite twice and both of Simo's invitations do not appear for me, so I'm thinking a regular member sending the invite might work.

SC: geebee765

Send one to NeoPayne and Ill put you in NeoGang. Im always on =P

Simo

I redid the logo and now it's accepted. This is how it'd look.

ccc4b11da65025c68f80e32cfcd8a3d2788cc36c_128.png

Rock on! I'll flip it over to that now. FYI if you guys want the main emblem to be anything just let me know! I got no problems changing it up if the crew wants to.

I tried earlier to have the one with the king but it glitched out on me.

Yeah, I would like to just share it for the shape of the neogaf symbol, but I dont know how. I think it'd need still some sort of framing depending on how it may look ingame (if it appears).

Simo

Yeah, I would like to just share it for the shape of the neogaf symbol, but I dont know how. I think it'd need still some sort of framing depending on how it may look ingame (if it appears).

If you just have the GAF symbol then you can save it and then publish it to the crew wall where I believe anyone in the crew is able to access it in the editor.

MMaRsu

Oh come on I wanna see some streams..goddamn R* ninjas, they were fucking way too much with that shit with GTAIV and RDR too..

is it possible to create a new social club account for my PSN?

Coming from someone that pre-ordered the CE months in advance, THIS ISN'T ENOUGH.

Seeing the relatively unimpressive figurine again, along with the fact that R* twice backed out on actually making the Special Edition limited, has me wondering if I should cancel my preorder and just go vanilla. This thing isn't going to be rare at all. Could save some money and just get the game...

I'm still torn on whether to wait and get this on PC or just go with console. My PC is starting to show its age (I have a cheap 6770 that replaced my dead 9800gtx but it's held back pretty bad by my q6600). I have to play frigging Tribes Ascend on ultra-low. Can't imagine MP3 will run that great, and I'm at least a couple months out from an upgrade.

Simo

Seeing the relatively unimpressive figurine again, along with the fact that R* twice backed out on actually making the Special Edition limited, has me wondering if I should cancel my preorder and just go vanilla. This thing isn't going to be rare at all. Could save some money and just get the game...

Still you get the original soundtrack along with the Classic Character pack and extra weapons. I just couldn't pass up a special edition for a Max Payne game, I mean who knows this could be the last one.

Oh I also forgot I made some more avatars for whoever!
maxava.png
max%20ava2.png

Still you get the original soundtrack along with the Classic Character pack and extra weapons. I just couldn't pass up a special edition for a Max Payne game, I mean who knows this could be the last one.

maxava.png
max%20ava2.png

Don't forget the art prints and the BULLET KEYCHAIN! =P

maxava.png
max%20ava2.png

Taken!

Is there a comparison of how the game looks with tesselation on vs off ?

Nope. Probably going to have to wait till the PC version is out at the end of the month. Personally, I could give a shit about tessellation. Doesn't seem to make a huge difference compared to how much stress it can put on a card.

Too bad I missed the stream. Anyone got it captured or something?

The stream got locked before he got a chance to start playing.

Sethos

Banned
Nope. Probably going to have to wait till the PC version is out at the end of the month. Personally, I could give a shit about tessellation. Doesn't seem to make a huge difference compared to how much stress it can put on a card.

Crazy talk, tessellation is the bump mapping of this generation.

I wonder if we're the biggest community/forum-based crew outside of the big and Rockstar-affiliated groups? Seems that way at the moment.

Edit: The /v/'s crew is pretty big, currently at 239 members.

Top Bottom