• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Max Payne 3 |OT| Funny as hell, we couldn't decide on a sub-title

daxter01

8/8/2010 Blackace was here
True, but if they're unfamiliar with the Max Payne gaming ideology, you really can't blame the average gamer for assuming that the presence of a cover mechanic usually correlates with the significant use of said mechanic. That's kinda how it's been... UP TILL NOW. DUN-DUN.

:lol, I expect a lot of this. There is no "identity crisis" because there is no "stop and pop." The game's pure run + gun with cover being used as a very brief resting spot before you continue on your forward moving rampage.
Stop using so much cover.. cover should not have been in the game from what i hear.. i see way too many noobs not using bullettime only shootdodge etc..
I told him Max Payne is all about running and gunning but he insists the game makes you use cover. anyway I still cant decide between PC and ps3 version.I want to get it on PC but it comes out 2 weeks later and I cant wait

angrybus

Banned
The game having cover is just a logical inclusion for third person games these days. You can tell by watching these recent vids that it's not a cover shooter, though. It just looks to be a helpful aid when you're about to approach a room full of dudes.

soultron

Banned
Cover looks to bring newer players into the fold. I'm guessing those of us who're initiated are going to be bobbing, weaving, and shoot-dodging with little need for cover.

Can't wait for this to drop already.

MMaRsu

Don't see it :(

Yeah it was 2 pages back..

iMaWxKC7zSHQc.JPG

I do not like the distortion effect during the cutscenes. I think it's overdone; once and awhile, okay but it happens every few seconds. I think it detracts from the overall visuals to be honest, but I'm probably in the minority. Love the overall vibe and soundtrack though; the way the music escalates as the action intensifies is very cool.

I started on Hard, and it takes some getting used to for sure. You have to be ultra precise, but I wouldn't have it any other way; hopefully it will make me a better mp player. I've only played about an hour, since I picked it up late yesterday, but so far I'm pretty pleased with it.

Bailey 87

I sent a request for the neogang crew (Grailey +Gothpunk)

So any videos of Max Payne multi-player. I need to watch some videos. Friday seems so far away :(

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Holy fuck my local store will get the game tomorrow which means i will double dip. Fuck it.

Gacha-pin

I accidentally opened some Chinese(I'm not sure) video sharing site like youtube and found a couple of gameplay videos from intro to ending. Rockstar has been doing a good job for taking down uploaded videos but failed to stop spreading them in that region...

S1kkZ

slightly ot: i installed mp2 again but the game doesnt start (install was fine). i heard you have to modify the maxpayne2.exe in some way to make it run on win7 64bit?

lol, you win :p I was about to tell in a few seconds before I read your post !

here is it.. I was testing my photoshop skills :p

LPRbL.gif

funny thing no one of my friends know that its fake since last night :D

solarus

Sent a request to neogang, rockstar social club username is max-bane, put me through please. I'll be playing on the PC when that comes out.

kaskade

Man, it's going to be hard to resist the Giant Bomb quicklook. They do generally pick out a non spoilery part. They should do like 10-15 mins of singleplayer then some multiplayer.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Holy shit at those GIFs...

Alright, I think I'm in. Never played a Max Payne game, and didn't even realize how long it'd been since the last one came out. Gonna try and hold off until some sort of sale, as I have been burned on every single game I've bought at $60 in recent memory. Not expecting it to drop as fast as, say SSX, but I'll be patient.

The game having cover is just a logical inclusion for third person games these days. You can tell by watching these recent vids that it's not a cover shooter, though. It just looks to be a helpful aid when you're about to approach a room full of dudes.
Yeah, but on Hard difficulty and up where bullet time is harder to come by and painkillers less effective, cover becomes pretty damn essential, unless you have perfect aim... which is pretty much impossible with an analog stick lol. I can't wait to play the game with a mouse in a few weeks. Not to say it controls badly or anything like that, I just prefer the mouse for precision in Max Payne games.

Yeah it was 2 pages back..

http://i.minus.com/iMaWxKC7zSHQc.JPG[IMG][/QUOTE]
The logo updated to the new one sometime last night, by the way. I'll take a pic later - it looks much better.

MMaRsu

somehow cant believe there's not a single livestream for a rockstar game??

with LA NOIRE, RDR, GTA IV there were tons

There's no livestream but on youtube theres almost the entire game.

A Korean guy who cant play for shit who uses hardlock I think.

I've been rewatching the footage where I thought I saw dismemberment, but I'm not so sure anymore. Will try to GIF it after dinner (in about an hour I guess), so you guys can judge...

There's no livestream but on youtube theres almost the entire game.

A Korean guy who cant play for shit who uses hardlock I think.

PM? I'm not from Rockstar :D

SO WHAT NOW ROCKSTAR NINJA. NONE OF THAT NINPO MAGIC ON THE GIFS HUH!

WE WILL GIF THE ENTIRE GAME!!!! lol

Top Bottom