• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Max Payne 3 |OT| Funny as hell, we couldn't decide on a sub-title

Christ! Watching some of these gameplay videos...it is so frustrating. Watching people suck at playing the game and then bitching that it is actually the game that sucks. Some things that I see alot of people doing is first of all, spamming the shit out of the shootdodge, and then landing in a bad position and laying on the ground trying to shoot enemies while taking a bunch of bullets themselves. Secondly, people seem to not notice or even make it a point to look for more painkillers laid out throughout the levels. I mean FUCK! The one lvl the dude just walked past the bright green medical box. Lastly, the biggest thing that blows my mind is seeing people play and not using the slow-mo button with pressing the right stick. They seem to think the only option is to shootdodge.

FUCK!! I'm done with this shit, just going to wait till the game is out. I'll be back after a week or so to avoid any story spoilers. Haha!

Christ! Watching some of these gameplay videos...it is so frustrating. Watching people suck at playing the game and then bitching that it is actually the game that sucks. Some things that I see alot of people doing is first of all, spamming the shit out of the shootdodge, and then landing in a bad position and laying on the ground trying to shoot enemies while taking a bunch of bullets themselves. Secondly, people seem to not notice or even make it a point to look for more painkillers laid out throughout the levels. I mean FUCK! The one lvl the dude just walked past the bright green medical box. Lastly, the biggest thing that blows my mind is seeing people play and not using the slow-mo button with pressing the right stick. They seem to think the only option is to shootdodge.

FUCK!! I'm done with this shit, just going to wait till the game is out. I'll be back after a week or so to avoid any story spoilers. Haha!

Yeah, watching idiots play is more torture than fun. It drives me more insane than the actual wait, cause I can see it, and I wonder to myself "Why the fuck does he get to play it before I can!?"

G_Berry

Banned
I agree. watching these tools always shits me to no end.

Devs should upload their own feeds. Little 15 minute chunks of how it should be played.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'd like to know this as well - so far it definitely looks as if all the multiplayer modes are strictly PVP, but I would love it if Payne Killer in particular allowed you and a mate to just play through as Max and Passos against AI enemies only, ala horde mode.

Wouldn't be surprised if co-op modes were added later on like they were with Red Dead. Or rather, I hope it happens.
New York Minute Co-op is one of the known DLC packs.

equil

And anyone else having difficulties joining certain crews? I'll get a message that i've been invited to the crew, but the invite never shows up.

I wouldn't mind joining a Gaf crew but I will surely be terrible in MP and just let everyone down.

Nonsense! I will gladly defend you from death for bonus XP! :3

i_need_a_hero.jpg

daxter01

8/8/2010 Blackace was here
OK friend of mine is playing this baby and he is not happy, he says it feels this game has some sort of identity crisis.apparently combining run and gun gameplay and stop and pop gameplay in Max Payne3 doesn't work as good as it should ,hope he is wrong :(

OK friend of mine is playing this baby and he is not happy, he says it feels this game has some sort of identity crisis.apparently combining run and gun gameplay and stop and pop gameplay in Max Payne3 doesn't work as good as it should ,hope he is wrong :(

I hope your friend just sucks at the game.

Don't be stopping and popping, be constantly running and gunning.

drop-mic.gif

rdrr gnr

Oh, god. My funds are limited; this game has to deliver.
I wouldn't mind joining a Gaf crew but I will surely be terrible in MP and just let everyone down.
I just hope to play with GAF (in the appropriate modes) and not against them. I just want to steamroll little children.

MP is fun as hell. Been playing it most of the night and having a blast. Can't wait until more people get the game, because the biggest game I've had so far was with 6 people and that was only for one round. :(

Oh, and I got NeoGANG to rank #5 worldwide, apparently. Lol.

Jb

I hope your friend just sucks at the game.

Don't be stopping and popping, be constantly running and gunning.

I watched a little bit of the SP on gameanyone and it was so frustrating because the dude was trying to play it like Gears/Uncharted, and as a result ended up dying constantly. I wonder if many newcomers to the franchise will run into that same issue.

MMaRsu

Stop using so much cover.. cover should not have been in the game from what i hear.. i see way too many noobs not using bullettime only shootdodge etc..

:lol, I expect a lot of this. There is no "identity crisis" because there is no "stop and pop." The game's pure run + gun with cover being used as a very brief resting spot before you continue on your forward moving rampage.

willooi

:lol, I expect a lot of this. There is no "identity crisis" because there is no "stop and pop." The game's pure run + gun with cover being used as a very brief resting spot before you continue on your forward moving rampage.

I'd expect a self-referential quip and appropriate metaphor from Max if players made him hide behind cover for too long. "The act of cowering behind a corner, waiting for my fate to catch up to me was getting long in the tooth...as was I".

Even if it was just the same 'Exit Game' monologue from the first two..."But I was afraid to go on...", ANYTHING to get these players running and gunning like they're supposed to.

True, but if they're unfamiliar with the Max Payne gaming ideology, you really can't blame the average gamer for assuming that the presence of a cover mechanic usually correlates with the significant use of said mechanic. That's kinda how it's been... UP TILL NOW. DUN-DUN.

Numpt3

Regarding that mlg video.... Can anyone tell me how you can be considered a "Pro" of a game that they probably played for a day and isn't even officially released yet? :p

Top Bottom