• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Max Payne 3 |OT| Funny as hell, we couldn't decide on a sub-title

Spoo

So is the Crew website jacked or am I just being dumb? It claims I have not one, but two invites into the NeoGang crew, but I have none, and am concerned about trying again.

Wondering if I should go ahead and order it for PS3... I know performance will probably be worse, but weren't people saying the difference didn't look as bad for this game as previous Rockstar games? Can anyone with the game for PS3 already say how it looks? Plus, my other Rockstar games are all on PS3 and I like that it's only one disc.

After getting critical reception for PS3 versions being lackluster I have a strong feeling the ps3 was lead sku in this game.

Jharp

What the hell is going on with the comic?

All I can find is free downloads of issue 1, but the game comes out in a couple days, so what's going on with the other issues? Are they only released at retail? I just finished MP2 again to refresh myself on the most recent goings on in the Max Payne universe, and I was hoping to catch the bridge comic before 3 comes out but I can't seem to find dick on it.

Even the free digital issue #1 isn't on Marvel's iOS store, so I can't get it directly on my iPad.

What the hell is going on with the comic?

All I can find is free downloads of issue 1, but the game comes out in a couple days, so what's going on with the other issues? Are they only released at retail? I just finished MP2 again to refresh myself on the most recent goings on in the Max Payne universe, and I was hoping to catch the bridge comic before 3 comes out but I can't seem to find dick on it.

Even the free digital issue #1 isn't on Marvel's iOS store, so I can't get it directly on my iPad.

The other two haven't been released yet.

MMaRsu

Are there any dream/drug sequences in this game?
That may kill my purchase...

If anybody answers this please use spoiler tags and put ...................... next to the answer.

And the dream sequences are amazing what are u on son.

Fjordson

They were cool in theory, but playing though them was not a fun experience.

Are there any dream/drug sequences in this game?
That may kill my purchase...
I don't believe there are any here. I think Rockstar has straight up confirmed this in an interview.

anddo0

If anybody answers this please use spoiler tags and put ...................... next to the answer.

And the dream sequences are amazing what are u on son.

I'm doing the chp 3 sequence. It could be that I'm playing the crappy PS2 port. But I find this part of the game way too tedious. It controls horribly, twitchy as hell. One wrong step to the left/right and you're repeating the entire section.. Not to mention those god awful sounds. As if the
baby crying wasn't enough. Now you have to hear Max falling to his death too?
. All I have to say if thank god for YT.

'Bout to get it in. Installing now.
bea81350.jpg

People will die tonight. Virtual, people.

Sethos

Banned
Spoiler what? There's no story elements, bla bla.

Notice how everyone who replied to that post added spoiler tags? You are revealing something, then you fucking spoiler it. I don't care about the previous games, this is now under Rockstar's wings and they can take it in whichever direction, don't want to read about it on the forums. Someone even asked anyone answering that to put it in spoiler.

Salsa

I like how all this discussion about what was in zychi's post and the way its refering to previous requests totally gives away what the content of that post was even if he now spoiler tags it

zychi

Banned
Notice how everyone who replied to that post added spoiler tags? You are revealing or debunking something, then you fucking spoiler it. I don't care what happened in previous games, this is now under Rockstar's wings and they can take it in whichever direction, don't want to read about it on the forums. Someone even asked anyone answering that to put it in spoiler.

Um, you're the only one who replied to it as of this post.
KuGsj.gif

Instead of being a dramatic drama dramaer, point out what you want tagged and I'll adjust it. Nothing is spoiled by it.

e: I just deleted it entirely, the guy who asked the question can google it if he wants it that bad.

Sethos

Banned
Um, you're the only one who replied to it as of this post.
KuGsj.gif

Instead of being a dramatic drama dramaer, point out what you want tagged and I'll adjust it. Nothing is spoiled by it.

I'm the only one who replied in the 10 minutes that passed since you posted? That's like a year in forum time.

And don't worry, I found another forum feature to hide your posts.

zychi

Banned
I'm the only one who replied in the last 10 minutes? That's like a year in forum time.

And don't worry, I found another forum feature to hide your posts.

You literally responded a minute after I posted the answer, and i responded two below you. if you actually read above, Woober replies to spoilers without using tags. Talk about selecting your battles. Shessh.

Can we nuke the entire last page?

I tried.

iBuzz7S

Banned
Hard difficulty - free aim - took me about ? (not revealing, but it's a single digit) hours to reach chapter V. The game is great. It has received the typical Rockstar treatment.

Cutscenes are done well, flashbacks of The Bourne Conspiracy if you've ever played it, first mission is how every shooting game should start... for fans, this is a must-bye. For those who are 50/50, you will enjoy it.

For people who have nothing better to do, you will complain, like this guy on another forum, claiming that the entire game is a rip of Uncharted.

Salsa

so im guessing that's the last chapter?

i didnt wanna know the number of chapters, but no biggie. I'd recommend spoiler taggin it tho since sensibilities are running wild!

G_Berry

Banned
GTA IV and RDR were sub-hd on PS3, so they looked a little better on 360. Nothing huge, but I'd like some parity already from this company.

Sorry but they looked more than a little better. I had both of both. Did many a comparison back in the day!

R* games seem to be some of the only ones left that look noticeably better on 360. Hopefully they finally get it even like most everybody else with MP.

Hard difficulty - free aim - took me about ? (not revealing, but it's a single digit) hours to reach chapter V. The game is great. It has received the typical Rockstar treatment.

Cutscenes are done well, flashbacks of The Bourne Conspiracy if you've ever played it, first mission is how every shooting game should start... for fans, this is a must-bye. For those who are 50/50, you will enjoy it.

For people who have nothing better to do, you will complain, like this guy on another forum, claiming that the entire game is a rip of Uncharted.

no49hxx0.gif

Vire

How much of the game is Full Hair Max vs Breaking Bad Shaved Max?

IMPORTANT QUESTIONS THAT MUST BE ANSWERED.

iBuzz7S

Banned
Won't use specifics, but that's not the last chapter.
Ha ha, thanks. I should of made that obvious.

Chapter V is DEFINITELY not the final chapter. There is more than double that, but pending on your difficulty and whether you explore or rush to complete objectives, that will determine how long the game lasts.

I found a fair few collectibles. Cool thing is that once you've collected all
pieces of a golden gun, you can go back through and use them with infinite ammo

How much of the game is Full Hair Max vs Breaking Bad Shaved Max?

IMPORTANT QUESTIONS THAT MUST BE ANSWERED.
Really? LOL.

Up to chapter V, he was normal. I read that after chapter V (where the disc swap occurs), he shaves his head

Vire

Ha ha, thanks. I should of made that obvious.

Chapter V is DEFINITELY not the final chapter. There is more than double that, but pending on your difficulty and whether you explore or rush to complete objectives, that will determine how long the game lasts.

I found a fair few collectibles. Cool thing is that once you've collected all
pieces of a golden gun, you can go back through and use them with infinite ammo

Really? LOL.

Up to chapter V, he was normal. I read that after chapter V (where the disc swap occurs), he shaves his head

Haha thanks, it was more of a joke but I'm glad you answered it.

willooi

Multiplayer question. Is Gang Wars co-op? I like multiplayer such as Horde mode in Gears, but I hate PVP.

I'd like to know this as well - so far it definitely looks as if all the multiplayer modes are strictly PVP, but I would love it if Payne Killer in particular allowed you and a mate to just play through as Max and Passos against AI enemies only, ala horde mode.

Wouldn't be surprised if co-op modes were added later on like they were with Red Dead. Or rather, I hope it happens.

Teknoman

Neither seem AI based. Gang Wars just seems like Brink style MP or Unreal Tournament Assault mode, where as you complete/fail objectives, other parts of the map or new objectives open up (just guessing from the MP video) while Payne Killer is more or less a VIP style match, except you've got two VIPs and they have an edge on everyone else.

FINALBOSS

Banned
Just requested another invite to the NeoGANG crew.

I got one 1-2 days ago but it wouldn't let me accept. There weren't any accept buttons or anything.

I just have a message saying DGSimo invited you to the NeoGang or whatever :/

Top Bottom