• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Max Payne 3 |OT| Funny as hell, we couldn't decide on a sub-title

MMaRsu

I see a lot of people saying how this game is run and gun who haven't played it. That is NOT the case. If you play the game like that the whole time you will die, a lot, even on medium. You have to utilize both cover and run and gun or bullet time/shoot dodge.

I have been playing a fair amount of Multi as well. Are you on 360 or Ps3?

Yeah ok maybe but the people playing are mostly in cover almost all of the time, using a shitload of cover and using hardlock/softlock. Ugh

Same, can't play till its released

Social Club name is ChefNL

It could come out on tuesday...

I would love that so i can play it on "Hemelvaartsdag"
I have to work all day that day, from 09:00 to 17:30 but after dinner I'm going to play the hell out of the game! :D
And working on a holiday has its + sides, Double pay!

And officially it comes out on Friday in Europe but usually street dates are broken by than

Forgive my ignorance, but what is hardlock/softlock?
I'm guessing it's that distinctive thing R* games have about being able to put casual for an autoaim feature or normal aiming mode so tapping it locks you to the closest player. And softlock may be when it just assists a bit when youre aiming the player.

Not sure.

saunderez

I'm guessing it's that distinctive thing R* games have about being able to put casual for an autoaim feature or normal aiming mode so tapping it locks you to the closest player. And softlock may be when it just assists a bit when youre aiming the player.

Not sure.

Pretty much. Hard lock is GTA style lock on aiming, soft lock only locks onto targets in the vicinity of the crosshair.

dokish

Banned
The lack of PS3 footage/comments its disturbing >_<

Also, my order is still "processing" on eStarland... And I made it one week ago.

I have made a present out of DutchSlayer's awesome gifs:

maxpaindebtu.gif

MMaRsu

That insidegamer.nl "quicklook" or foreplay as they call it ( haha so funny right ) got taken down. Lol R*. You guys kinda suck, because they went to the trouble of recording and editing it, they had a ton of responses saying wow I wasnt paying attention to this game earlier but now Im gonna buy it..

I dont understand this idiocracy.

I'm normally a console dude. But I got this for pc because i think it will be a great place for MP and since consoles are reaching their end closer and closer, PC version will outlive it in terms of community.

But console users will outlive me for half a month lol

Pranay

I'm normally a console dude. But I got this for pc because i think it will be a great place for MP and since consoles are reaching their end closer and closer, PC version will outlive it in terms of community.

R* games will genreally do well online on consoles :) but pc is a great choice as well

Enco

GTA IV on PC still has a pretty solid online community.

I can always find a good match with plenty of people.

Not sure what it's like on consoles.

Flib

Played the first chapter...not crazy about the pop-up words or the constant video-pixelation/color shift effect in the cutscenes, but the gunplay is incredible.

I've been bored of shooters in general, so this is the first time I've played one in probably 9 months or so, but I absolutely love the weight of the movements and the bullets. Much like Diablo III (not to compare the two on most levels seeing as they couldn't be more different), the developers have really nailed the feeling of your attacks actually damaging your opponents. Love the forcefulness, and I'm even impressed with the scripting in combat.

Looking forward to playing a lot more.

HOLY CRAP

EUPHORIA

GAME INDUSTRY EAT YOUR HEART OUT

WAT

The sad thing is, animation is one area that's barely moved forward in the last 6 or so years, even as pretty things have gotten prettier and shiny things have gotten shinier. The animation system EA used in FIFA and BF3 was big step in the right direction, but R*'s integration of Euphoria is like a revolutionary leap forward. Sadly it's still going to be the exception rather than the norm for some time yet.

I mean I have tons of space, so for me, yes. I haven't really noticed other than menu load times.

I have the space as well, I'm just curious if there are any other weird issues you've noticed from installing it. I'd heard about some texture pop-in happening and was wondering if installing helped with that.

I have the space as well, I'm just curious if there are any other weird issues you've noticed from installing it. I'd heard about some texture pop-in happening and was wondering if installing helped with that.

Actually, yeah I forgot that. Before I installed there was some minor pop-ins. I hadn't noticed any during the cut scenes since I installed.

cackhyena

The sad thing is, animation is one area that's barely moved forward in the last 6 or so years, even as pretty things have gotten prettier and shiny things have gotten shinier. The animation system EA used in FIFA and BF3 was big step in the right direction, but R*'s integration of Euphoria is like a revolutionary leap forward. Sadly it's still going to be the exception rather than the norm for some time yet.

While that's true for in game stuff, their cinematic animations leave a lot to be desired. Maybe I'm just spoiled by Uncharted's way of doing things, but they might as well still have the mitten hands they way everyone gestures with them to try and convey emotions. It's downright hilarious at this point. You see one guy in a Rockstar game this gen making a emphatic point and gesturing wildly, you've seen them all.

Simo

I'm really stupid. I just realized the MP maps have a day/night version.

Really? Scweeeet!

Actually, yeah I forgot that before I installed there was some minor pop-ins and I hadn't noticed any during the cut scenes since I installed.

Well I cleared about 28GBs off my HDD to install the game but I probably won't do that until after a few rounds of multiplayer with you guys and Rockstar!

Pyccko

Hmm, I requested a crew invite, and got a message saying I got one, but there it isn't letting me join, and doesn't say I have any invites on the join page. Weird.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I know a couple people on here have the PS3 version so I just wanted to ask if there's an install for that and how big it is.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Are there detailed descriptions of the PS3 version's performance? I think I missed it. Or I don't remember.
Nothing detailed. Two posters have come in and said that it looks like it's 720p and the framerate is solid in game, with a couple hitches in cutscenes. The picture of the crew jacket a few pages back was from the PS3 version. You can see the button icons at the bottom.

Tinabina

I've been watching my bf play and damn Max Payne, more like Max Bitch. He is so whiny and depressing, I though he was supposed to be a badass!

Top Bottom