• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Max Payne 3 |OT| Funny as hell, we couldn't decide on a sub-title

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
We would have heard if it was like that by now.

Not necessarily, when most of the people with the game early are terrible(as usual). Not to mention when the UC3 stuff was brought up people to this day still claim it was fine.

I REALLY hope there's nothing like that here, even if it feels wonky from the start and can be fixed with sensitivity settings I'll be fine, but that was a game ruiner.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Not necessarily, when most of the people with the game early are terrible(as usual). Not to mention when the UC3 stuff was brought up people to this day still claim it was fine.

I REALLY hope there's nothing like that here, even if it feels wonky from the start and can be fixed with sensitivity settings I'll be fine, but that was a game ruiner.

Several people here have the game and haven't said anything about that. From pretty much the first person on GAF to get Uncharted 3, there were mentions of the aiming being off.

Don't worry team bondi had nothing to do with this game. Hahaha!! Even though I loved LA Noire.

Ha. Each to their own, I guess. I don't think I can even articulate how much I hated LA Noire as a "game". We've all heard of last minute, tacked-on MP, but last minute, tacked-on gameplay? Bondi are some visionary dev, bro!

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
I'm really struggling waiting for the PC version. I know it will (probably) be the best version, but I'm so starved for a good game that I may just break down and get the 360 version.

ahh first world problems

Hey all, nice OT.

I am so down for the multiplayer/gang idea - so I requested an invite (Ravensmash). Anything else i need to do?

Is NeoGang solely comprised of GAF members?

Pranay

Tomorrow at noon.

Low 90's I think. Rejoicing, meltdowns, critical analysis on gaming journalism, accusations of corruption, pre-orders placed, pre-orders canceled.

Review days are the best.

how many hrs left can you say that ? cause its already tommrow here :p

Vire

Tomorrow at noon.

Low 90's I think. Rejoicing, meltdowns, critical analysis on gaming journalism, accusations of corruption, pre-orders placed, pre-orders canceled.

Review days are the best.

Haha, well said. It'll be interesting to see which scores higher, MP3 or D3. Not that they are remotely similar, but same release date after a ten year wait.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
Haha, well said. It'll be interesting to see which scores higher, MP3 or D3. Not that they are remotely similar, but same release date after a ten year wait.

that's a really good question. Rockstar v Blizzard

which one can IGN hyperbolize more?

Probably.

I know TRU is giving away 1600 ms points cards if you buy Max Payne 3. Only for 360 obviously.

Amazon is giving a $10 gaming credit. TRU is a little better I guess, but that would mean that I have to leave the house...

I'm expecting this game to score really well actually, in the 9-10 range...

One, it's the first Rockstar Studios game since Red Dead Redemption. Two, while it's a shooter, it's quite different from every other shooter on the market simply due to the run and gun nature coupled with bullet time. Three, there seems to be some serious replay value here not only with multiplayer, but single player should hold some serious replayability, not to mention Score Attack and New York Minute.

They also seem to be really backing the multiplayer portion of the game, and if it's as solid as the single player should be, then opinions should be glowing I think.

We'll see...

I'm fully expecting myself to go into a rage when reviews come out for one reason or another. Either when one of them says it doesn't live up to Uncharted 3 standards, or when most of them don't even mention shooting mechanics and impact animations.

Just sayin', I'm warning you guys now.

RS4-

Ok, personally I have to run the sensitivity to 9 for hor/vert and 8 in acceleration to get the clunky feeling out of the way.

Hopefully there are those that don't need to go past 10 on the settings lol.

edit - what I don't like so far: enemies that spawn out of nowhere

Nyphestus

Neo Member
Ok, personally I have to run the sensitivity to 9 for hor/vert and 8 in acceleration to get the clunky feeling out of the way.

Preorder cancelled.

Not really. I need this game clunky controls or not.

Vire

how many hrs left can you say that ? cause its already tommrow here :p

I'm assuming EST time since that's when Giant Bomb's Quick Look goes up.

So that's about 14 hours or so from now.

I'm tempted to do that Toys R Us deal but I always feel like an idiot going there as a grown ass man with a little kid buying crayons behind me.

Fjordson

Damn. So is it any better? Or still not digging it?

Teknoman

I cant decide whether I want to go with $10 extra credit for the physical PC version from Amazon, or digital with the ton of dlc + 10 bucks Rockstar game download credit.

Managed to get the game early, spent 3 hours on it so far. Loving the tone and the presentation of the story, very stylish. Started on Hard with Free aim and fuck is it hard. Only thing that feels a bit off is the shooting mechanic when not in bulletime. Might just be my shitty free aim skills.

dokish

Banned
Managed to get the game early, spent 3 hours on it so far. Loving the tone and the presentation of the story, very stylish. Started on Hard with Free aim and fuck is it hard. Only thing that feels a bit off is the shooting mechanic when not in bulletime. Might just be my shitty free aim skills.

Plataform?

Flib

While I would scoff at playing anything but free-aim on PC, the soft-aim has been fine for me on console. There are some sections in this game where you have to be really fast and on point with your aiming, and that can get tough with a controller.

But then, I'm just trying to play through it and not try to make it a hellish endurance gauntlet.

Replaying Max Payne 2, I don't think I ever noticed this in the Ragnarok level:

299d2ef55745ef381343f576ff63e8747e6783bc.jpg

I hope there's weird shit like this in 3!

Simo

GAF crew sitting at 232 members. Nice! Of course Social Club is glitchy so our accomplishment for getting 200 members isn't showing up.

I was surprised when it hit 150 because I didn't think that many expressed interest in the multiplayer mode for Max Payne 3 though I expect most could be joining up ready for GTAV.

Reports about the game's length are pretty interesting considering Max Payne 1 and 2 were like 6 hour long games even if you took your time.

Fjordson

GAF crew sitting at 232 members. Nice! Of course Social Club is glitchy so our accomplishment for getting 200 members isn't showing up.

I was surprised when it hit 150 because I didn't think that many expressed interest in the multiplayer mode for Max Payne 3 though I expect most could be joining up ready for GTAV.
That what I was saying. Pretty surprised. It's cool, though. Should make multiplayer more fun.

And I won't be on at midnight =[ but I hope everyone who will be provides us less fortunate plenty of first impressions.

Top Bottom