• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Max Payne 3 |OT| Funny as hell, we couldn't decide on a sub-title

I've been watching my bf play and damn Max Payne, more like Max Bitch. He is so whiny and depressing, I though he was supposed to be a badass!

When I think about his life.

QCPN0.gif

Okay, stupid question time. I just got a message on the Rockstar Social Club site. I got an invite to join NeoGANG and it looks like a regular message with an option to reply...what do I do to actually join?

Fjordson

Wow. Every time I check in on NeoGANG it's way bigger than before. Awesome.

I have to be honest, with some of the early skepticism and Diablo III looming, I really didn't expect us to have that many people interested in playing. Can't wait to get online with y'all.

Speaking of getting online, my friend has a 360 copy....and I'm seriously tempted to go over and play some. Probably not any single-player, but maybe try out the online. Decisions, decisions...

It's gonna be hard to not be tempted by the MP (especially when I know I'm playing with decent people). I wanted to wait til Friday when R* does that online inaugural thing, at least with the PSN. XBL is Sattyday.

Update: I got a message saying I was invited to NeoGANG, yet when I go to the crew page, it says that I have 0 crew invites...what gives?

RS4-

Wow fuck me, the game is tougher than I thought. Playing hard + free aim = getting killed.

Default aiming is...weird. I'll have to play a bit more with the sensitivity and acceleration but its not as...good? As Gears/UC I suppose.

So yeah only three and a half chapters in. I don't think I'll finish it before I pick up d3

I think I'm going to pull the trigger on this (no pun) but still have my reservations about the multiplayer. I never really played RDR's multi but I did play GTA4's and it fizzled out for me pretty quickly. I know I'll enjoy the single player but I personally can't justify $60 for a ~10-12hr game.

I think I'm going to pull the trigger on this (no pun) but still have my reservations about the multiplayer. I never really played RDR's multi but I did play GTA4's and it fizzled out for me pretty quickly. I know I'll enjoy the single player but I personally can't justify $60 for a ~10-12hr game.

DAT REPLAYABILITY

True. I have $80 in GameStop credit I need to use anyway and since they seem to never drop their prices I'll be paying $60 now when it's fresh with a great community or a year from now when they still have it priced the same.

It'll have a great community for awhile dude. Its US. Join up. Buy game. Cap fools.

Default aiming is...weird. I'll have to play a bit more with the sensitivity and acceleration but its not as...good? As Gears/UC I suppose.

Elaborate? This isn't what I wanted to hear considering the fact I find the shooting in most R* games to be clunky and overall poor.

It'll have a great community for awhile dude. Its US. Join up. Buy game. Cap fools.

Ha I don't want to slow you guys down. I'll probably royally blow at this considering the only multi I've played over the past 9 months has been Gears3. But I need something to get me away from that. I'm usually pretty easy going in multiplayer games and can just enjoy it but for some reason Gears just makes me rage. It's the only game to do it too. I fear for my blood pressure and I don't want to have a heart attack in my 20s.

Wow fuck me, the game is tougher than I thought. Playing hard + free aim = getting killed.

So yeah only three and a half chapters in. I don't think I'll finish it before I pick up d3

Yeah, I still have my reservations, purely because Rockstar are yet to show us that they can make a competent shooter on par with the big boys. I've spent the majority of the year playing Gears of War 3 and it is the definition of silky smooth control and perfect friction/weight, so my standards are pretty overblown :). I have faith, though.

I dont know if this was said but the PS3 has an install of about 5 gigs from what I remember the other day when my friend opened the box containing them and work and I looked at it.

RS4-

I'll play a bit more later and try to get a handle on the aiming. I've yet to try arcade mode so I'm not sure if it'd be any different.

It just feels slow and clunky?

Fjordson

As long as the movement of Max is up to snuff, hopefully any aiming issues can be alleviated by adjusting the sensitivity.

Hopefully.

I'll play a bit more later and try to get a handle on the aiming. I've yet to try arcade mode so I'm not sure if it'd be any different.

There's a wealth of control and sensitivity options at your disposal. I suggest you play around with them before you write off the controls as "slow and clunky". In fact, I'm willing to bet that it's the "target slowdown" setting that's throwing you off.

That said, nothing will compare to a mouse - the way it's meant to be played. :p

I think the game will (hopefully) just take some getting used to. They've constantly talked about how they've tried their hardest to make the controls just right, and I'll be surprised if it doesn't feel right.

In a little over 24 hours I'll be able to make my own opinion on it!

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

so, like a rockstar game?

:/

I hated how they focused too much on making characters feel weighty in GTA 4 and Red Dead, and that it resulted in less fluidity. I fucking hate tank-like controls in games that kinda require fast reflexes in shootouts. Lost count of the number of times Niko decided to be a complete tit and get stuck in a doorway, or the number of times Marston had issues shooting out of a window from cover. Seriously, if I'm having trouble opening a fucking door in a game, I stop giving a shit about "weighty" character movement. Doubt it's an issue in MP3, but I also hated having to hold down a button to jog, and tap it to sprint in the previous two R* games (not including LA Noire). Apparently, they forgot how analogue sensitivity works?

Top Bottom