• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Max Payne 3 |OT| Funny as hell, we couldn't decide on a sub-title

MMaRsu

My PostNL homie always delivers one day after streetdate. He knows me well by now and alway asks what games I ordered. I even added him on PSN :D

What interests me more is that Saturn/MMarkt are in full on "we don't give a fuck mode" regarding street dates, which I started noticing last holiday season. Why is this? I assumed to counter online sales which won't break streetdate often.

Too bad there's no Saturn near me, the closest would be Tilburg but the train ticket costs 8,40, and at the price of 39 euro's that would make 47 euro's. I can pick it up for that price at Dixons :). Probably even cheaper because the Intertoys next to it will pricematch any store close by and go below their price. So if I'm lucky I could get it for maybe 45.

It all depends on when it comes out, because the day it's available I will be there day one.

jmdajr

7665136b.jpg

cde81215.jpg

IMAG1067.jpg

I took these pictures in Times Square... Look pretty cool!

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Just ordered so I could still get in on the Amazon credit plus 99 cent release date shipping. This, after saying yesterday that I wasn't going to buy games on day one anymore. God, I have NO WILLPOWER. fuuuuuck

Derrick01

Banned
Due to gamestop getting steam vouchers now I am *thiiiiis* close to getting 3 $20s to get max payne on steam. I really don't want to cancel my paid off dragon's dogma preorder but damn everytime I see gifs of this game and the Euphoria I just want to play it.

cackhyena

Ugh, it's going to be so long a wait till I have funds for this that I'm gonna watch game play far too much and just play for the mechanics sake by the time I get around to it. First world proooooobleeeeeems.

holy shit the loading times...this is ridiculous (62 seconds). If that's always the case I won't play the MP at all

edit: and by the way ...that footage looks terrible

I just wouldnt even bother getting the game then dude, 62 seconds? Fuck that. My life is wayyyyy too valuable to waste that much time on a loading screen. I mean think of what could be done within those 62 seconds. Yeah, cancelling that pre order.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
SP footage looks pretty cool and atmospheric to look at, but it also looks like a typical R* clunky control fare during gameplay. I also think writing misses some beat compared to Remedy's MP games, but it still seems similar enough to not be bothersome.

MMaRsu

SP footage looks pretty cool and atmospheric to look at, but it also looks like a typical R* clunky control fare during gameplay. I also think writing misses some beat compared to Remedy's MP games, but it still seems similar enough to not be bothersome.

Yup that's why I cant wait to play this on PC in a year or so, it will be a much better experience with a mouse than with a Ps3 controller. And yes some of the writing seems not as good as Remedy's, and I dislike the Man on Fire effects. But aside from that it looks like the best third person shooter since Max Payne 2.

VVIS

Neo Member
Saw the MP3 trailer in front of the Avengers. Some hopped up urban dope fiends (read: normal kids) went nuts when the trailer came up. This same group went ape shit over the Battleship trailer. It's on mainstream radar my friends.

harrytang

for some reason best buy wont allow for in-store pick up on max payne 3 and i refuse to pay the 10 dollars for same day delivery.

currently have my amazon order coming tomorrow, but im wondering if i can buy both and return the best buy copy to amazon. can they tell it come from a different store? would just rather have the best buy bonuses without paying for same day shipping.

Saw the MP3 trailer in front of the Avengers. Some hopped up urban dope fiends (read: normal kids) went nuts when the trailer came up. This same group went ape shit over the Battleship trailer. It's on mainstream radar my friends.

i think the marketing is really solid, and i think it has a chance of making a dent in the COD fanbase. i kind of fear that too to be honest... but spreading out that nest of vipers might be for the best. the multiplayer gameplay looks different but familiar enough to pick up some of the COD junkies.

maybe Crews will be the next big incentivisor for online? they certainly appeal to me in a way that killstreaks and levelling don't.

for some reason best buy wont allow for in-store pick up on max payne 3 and i refuse to pay the 10 dollars for same day delivery.

currently have my amazon order coming tomorrow, but im wondering if i can buy both and return the best buy copy to amazon. can they tell it come from a different store? would just rather have the best buy bonuses without paying for same day shipping.

you give them a sealed copy with a receipt and no price tags on it, and they'll have zero complaints.

Deadbeat

Banned
I would like to give credit to rockstar for having women in a videogame and they can go around killing people just as effectively as men. I mean it only took the time from soldier of fortune 2 till now to have this happen again.

edit: I should specify I mean it having gore, and women not sexualized. If you dont include those two then yeah you can highlight a bunch.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty sure you can.

just watched the other video and it looks like you can.

I wonder if the MP would be better with a few freinds and trying to hold a position instead of just running around like a headless chicken.

I'm not convinced by what I've seen so far anyway. I may just wait for the PC version.

U2NUMB

If you just ordered today then I would assume they have already sold their copies in that store.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I would like to give credit to rockstar for having women in a videogame and they can go around killing people just as effectively as men. I mean it only took the time from soldier of fortune 2 till now to have this happen again.

Huh? Do you not play many video games these days?

harrytang

you give them a sealed copy with a receipt and no price tags on it, and they'll have zero complaints.

awesome thanks. that's what i was hoping for.

If you just ordered today then I would assume they have already sold their copies in that store.

i was so annoyed that this option was greyed out i did the live chat. the gentleman "clifton" explained it was a manufacturer decisions to only allow for shipped pre orders. not sure where i got this information.

I tried returning a sealed Amazon copy of Arkham City to a Walmart one time and they said they couldn't take it because it wasn't coming up in their system when they scanned it. So I'm assuming it might be the same the other way around. It's worth a shot though.

if you ignore Unreal Tournament and GTA4 and loads of other games, sure. but yes, i will probably be strapping on a rack of boobs when i jump on line and am always greatful for the option of a more visually appealing player character.

kaskade

I tried returning a sealed Amazon copy of Arkham City to a Walmart one time and they said they couldn't take it because it wasn't coming up in their system when they scanned it. So I'm assuming it might be the same the other way around. It's worth a shot though.
Yeah you might have to be careful. If the game has like some special thing in it that's exclusive to the store that comes in the case(like a code or something) the upc might be different.

harrytang

very interesting. i think it might not be worth a shot if i lose 60 dollars. amazon seems to the most flexible retailer out there though. they have price matched me on a number of items when i call.

Yeah you might have to be careful. If the game has like some special thing in it that's exclusive to the store that comes in the case(like a code or something) the upc might be different.

exactly my thoughts.

Also - amazon order telling me 8pm tomorrow night for delivery. FU amazon. i have a gamestop within walking distance so sucks having to wait. i hope delivery only estimate and not reality.

My PostNL homie always delivers one day after streetdate. He knows me well by now and alway asks what games I ordered. I even added him on PSN :D

What interests me more is that Saturn/MMarkt are in full on "we don't give a fuck mode" regarding street dates, which I started noticing last holiday season. Why is this? I assumed to counter online sales which won't break streetdate often.

I know my postNL package homie :D quite well, and he always delivers next day. But when it's an envelope, another dude comes by and he's kinda slow. Maybe I should "Payne" him :D

@Saturn/Mediamarkt
Well actually they do give a fuck but when it's often smaller retailers that break the streetdate or online retailers that ship early and then Saturn/Mediamarkt follow. I also follow some topics regarding streetdates and I always contact my saturn bloke when it's broken, let him see which stores are selling, so he can get in in stores.

Deadbeat

Banned
if you ignore Unreal Tournament and GTA4 and loads of other games, sure. but yes, i will probably be strapping on a rack of boobs when i jump on line and am always greatful for the option of a more visually appealing player character.
I didnt know gta4 had that as well. I wouldnt really call ut3 an apt response considering its character design. But what other games do you mean besides those?
edit: oh halo reach has it as well. wow I am out of the loop. Just when I played those I never encountered it. Bad odds I guess.

Is there a list of all the weapons/skills in multiplayer yet?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I didnt know gta4 had that as well. I wouldnt really call ut3 an apt response considering its character design. But what other games do you mean besides those?

edit: oh halo reach has it as well. wow I am out of the loop. Just when I played those I never encountered it. Bad odds I guess.

Didnt know halo reach had it because I never noticed.

Halo: Reach, Gears 3, any MMO in recent memory, Mass Effect... there's a shit load.

U2NUMB

awesome thanks. that's what i was hoping for.

i was so annoyed that this option was greyed out i did the live chat. the gentleman "clifton" explained it was a manufacturer decisions to only allow for shipped pre orders. not sure where i got this information.

A friend of mine pre ordered online this weekend and is picking his copy up at midnight at his local best buy so not sure I am buying Clifton on the phone and what he told you.

harrytang

A friend of mine pre ordered online this weekend and is picking his copy up at midnight at his local best buy so not sure I am buying Clifton on the phone and what he told you.

ok. found out if im going to pre order for in store pickup i have to do it from the store ill be picking it up. pre ordering in person defeats the purpose of best buy's online system. very stupid.

Top Bottom