• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Max Payne 3 |OT| Funny as hell, we couldn't decide on a sub-title

mocoworm

On the subject of difficulties, does anyone know what the "Old School" setting is?

According to someone who has the game:

'Old school mode is "Brutal difficulty without last man standing there to save you" its harder the hardcore mode and this game is mission based no running around really well only on the mission map its nothing like GTA or RDR'

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/max-payne-3/achievement/66634-Maximum-Payne.html

'...it's the hardcore mode, except you don't have the ability to take cover. they basically put it on the hardest mode and take the cover mechanic out.' ... 'You have to beat the game on hard to unlock it.'

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/958970-max-payne-3/62792749

According to someone who has the game:

'Old school mode is "Brutal difficulty without last man standing there to save you" its harder the hardcore mode and this game is mission based no running around really well only on the mission map its nothing like GTA or RDR'

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/max-payne-3/achievement/66634-Maximum-Payne.html

'...it's the hardcore mode, except you don't have the ability to take cover. they basically put it on the hardest mode and take the cover mechanic out.' ... 'You have to beat the game on hard to unlock it.'

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/958970-max-payne-3/62792749

Shit, that sounds really tough. Cover is essential in Hard mode, I can't imagine an even harder difficulty without it. That is, not with an analog stick... with a mouse, I'm sure I can do it.

I hate it when games are released on Tuesdays in America, and Friday in the UK. It makes those couple of extra days extremely difficult to endure due to the huge quantity of media floating around the Internet after an American release.

Well at least we get the reviews early enough to make a decision on wether to preorder or not.

Simo

Remedy got a gift today.
478580_238858029549637_135355486566559_321244_1994445397_o.jpg

MMaRsu

All stores in the netherlands WILL get it on wednesday, whether they can sell it or not.. NO. BUT if someone does break the streetdate everyone will so fuck yes let's hope it goes down wednesday baby. Fuck that friday noise.

Although I was able to switch my free workdays around, so now I'm off from wednesday afternoon till next monday..woohoo fucking sweet yo!

I think I just witnessed one of the most amazing things ever in shooting games. Trying to survive in some closed office space with glass panels shattering, wood splinters flying all over the place, with him slowly running out of bullets. He ran towards an enemy, shot 1 last bullet in his arm, dodge rolled forward and in the progress grabbed an AK47 from the ground and started shooting him with that. Seeing that in a single fluid motion. It was... orgasmic.

MMaRsu

Eminem & Paris Hilton join DJ Wats as he teams up with Rockstar Games to release the official Max Payne 3 mixtape gearing up for the video game release in May.

Lol, fuck Em and fuck PH. DJ WAT indeed

Either way, StevePharma why did you order from Amazon when it's only 44 at the Mediamarkt?

Eh... at least you're not waiting for the PC version. :(

Actually I am (pre-purchased on Steam the day it became available), but decided to double dip and pre-order the PS3 version due to a first hour video that broke my resolve to wait (and amazon uk's pre-order price being acceptable).

Yes, I'm weak...

cackhyena

31 quid = how much euro's?

Does Amazon deliver on release date? Free shipping?

Dude, of course they deliver on release day. 99 cents, though. I think I can swallow that. And not once have they let me down in this area. I too have saved an insane amount of money through them over the years.

Well yeah im not from the us and have never used amazon.

Thanks for the info anyway :).

It translates to about 38 euros. Good luck finding it that cheap in most Dutch shops. MMarkt is probably your best bet @ 44 euros.

Amazon has release date delivery, but I always take free shipping (over 25 quid required for that, which is almost always the case). I get it the next day. Don't mind though because Diablo 3 lol.

I'll gladly wait a day to save a lot of money. Only time I don't order from them is if I want to import something from Japan/US or if a Collector's Edition is exclusive to one store, like the AC3 Freedom Edition right now (in Holland exclusive to Bol.com)

Diablo 3. It's the only solution that keeps you alive until this bad boy drops on PC.

STAY STRONG PC-GAF. WE CAN DO THIS!

we can and will and will be better for it. i'm just going to have to avoid this thread for a couple of weeks... then we can all meet online on the otherside and start murdering IGN.

31 quid = how much euro's?

Does Amazon deliver on release date? Free shipping?

I preordered the game on Amazon.co.uk
With free shipping it'll take 2-3 days to arrive. Sometimes, when you're lucky, you'll receive it one days after it hits the streets. That would be this saturday. I wouldn't bet on it though, and the fact that PostNL does not deliver on mondays ( well at least in my town ), you'll have to wait for next tuesday probably.

I'm gonna cancel anyway, because I can't wait that long and... the game will be 39 euro @ Saturn ( a mate who works there told me ). When the streetdate will be broken ( and with AAA titles it's likely to happen ), we will be able to get our hands on this baby this wednesday :D

I preordered the game on Amazon.co.uk
With free shipping it'll take 2-3 days to arrive. Sometimes, when you're lucky, you'll receive it one days after it hits the streets. That would be this saturday. I wouldn't bet on it though, and the fact that PostNL does not deliver on mondays ( well at least in my town ), you'll have to wait for next tuesday probably.

I'm gonna cancel anyway, because I can't wait that long and... the game will be 39 euro @ Saturn ( a mate who works there told me ). When the streetdate will be broken ( and with AAA titles it's likely to happen ), we will be able to get our hands on this baby wednesday :D

My PostNL homie always delivers one day after streetdate. He knows me well by now and alway asks what games I ordered. I even added him on PSN :D

What interests me more is that Saturn/MMarkt are in full on "we don't give a fuck mode" regarding street dates, which I started noticing last holiday season. Why is this? I assumed to counter online sales which won't break streetdate often.

Top Bottom