• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Max Payne 3 |OT| Funny as hell, we couldn't decide on a sub-title

Some games have handled that well (all of the achievements in Rock Band 3, for example), but achievements doled out for doing 50-some-odd other achievements are frankly a bit crap.

No offense to our friends on the PS3, of course.

lol hey now im getting the PS3 version lol =P It's all good.

Watching the Quicklook on GB, you can skip cutscenes. No idea why people were claiming otherwise.

You just have to let the game background load for a while, you can't skip right away. I can see that getting annoying if checkpoints are in a bad spot in relation to cutscenes, but it's really not that bad.

Stat!

How will MP work with crews (and the NeoGang)?

I want to play with some neogaffers tomorrow but I don't have any on my friend's list. Will an option appear for people in the crew to join each other? How will it work?

Anyone want to add me on Xbox Live so I can have some friends with Max Payne?

Gamertag Link (GT: ACES11)

How will MP work with crews (and the NeoGang)?

I want to play with some neogaffers tomorrow but I don't have any on my friend's list. Will an option appear for people in the crew to join each other? How will it work?

Anyone want to add me on Xbox Live so I can have some friends with Max Payne?

Gamertag Link (GT: ACES11)

Get on R*'s site, get into the Social Club and then look us up and apply. Any questions PM me.

Yeah,it has a tracker that pops up for single player letting you know when you reach a milestone with the in game achievements. For example, headshots, shoo tdodges.

Yeah,it has a tracker that pops up for single player letting you know when you reach a milestone with the in game achievements. For example, headshots, shoo tdodges.

I saw that! Those are the SP in-game achievements.! I saw one received for 25 arm shots. AWESOME.

Gold Troph/Big Points if you get all of em, Re-Replayability reaffirmed.

Stat!

Get on R*'s site, get into the Social Club and then look us up and apply. Any questions PM me.

I'm in the NeoGang currently on R* Social Club. That was done on day 1 when it was available

What I don't understand is what happens in game? I want to play with Neogaf people. Will in game options allow me to? How do I play with Gaffers? What if I have no friends with Max Payne and want to play with other people in my crew?

I'm in the NeoGang currently on R* Social Club. That was done on day 1 when it was available

What I don't understand is what happens in game? I want to play with Neogaf people. Will in game options allow me to? How do I play with Gaffers? What if I have no friends with Max Payne and want to play with other people in my crew?

Cant help you with that son as I have not yet played said game. I'm just going to ASSume that everything will be pretty self explanatory in the multiplayer menu in terms of finding your designated crew and all that.

Stat!

Cant help you with that son as I have not yet played said game. I'm just going to ASSume that everything will be pretty self explanatory in the multiplayer menu in terms of finding your designated crew and all that.

Damn you! You're suppose to know everything about Max Payne 3. /sarcasm

No worries. I hope that it allows easy, quick, invites to crew members with pre-match lobbies for crew members to join each other.

I have to imagine that it allows you in game and it isn't just a web thing.

One more day. One more day.

dreamfall

God damn. Nearly 9 years of waiting. Glorious Rockstar at the helm. Leaving in two hours to prepare for that Midnight launch. Playing all night! Does it get much better?! It's finally here!

Damn you! You're suppose to know everything about Max Payne 3. /sarcasm

No worries. I hope that it allows easy, quick, invites to crew members with pre-match lobbies for crew members to join each other.

I have to imagine that it allows you in game and it isn't just a web thing.

One more day. One more day.

Hahaha I know right? You'll be okay. Most of us are gonna be learning this for the first time anyway so we'll all be in the same boat ^_^

God damn. Nearly 9 years of waiting. Glorious Rockstar at the helm. Leaving in two hours to prepare for that Midnight launch. Playing all night! Does it get much better?! It's finally here!

I will drink to that. 9 fuckin years. I still remember pickin up Max Payne 2 on Day 1. Get off my lawn.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Man, I was busy today so I missed the fun part of review day and skipped straight to the bitching. I would have been 3 hours from the game if my Best Buy hadn't cancelled their midnight launch :(

Getting up early tomorrow so I can get it and play before work. So fucking pumped. This is the first time that I've waited 9 years for a sequel and judging from reviews it sounds like just what I was hoping for.

Con_Smith

Banned
Getting ready for the midnight launch but I'm debating playing tonight since I have work at 6am tomorrow. Luckily I got wed off but I wanna get in tonight and play. Might have to break my single player first rule and get my legs wet in some multi.

CTE

I will drink to that. 9 fuckin years. I still remember pickin up Max Payne 2 on Day 1. Get off my lawn.

I remember getting the first one on PC day 1. Played it and loved it. Then I got my Radeon 9700 Pro in 2002 and replayed yet again. This time on high settings.

Blew me away.

You gotta plan for this kind of thing which is why I took Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday off work!

Yeah I would of taken off, but I'm taking off at the end of the month for a vacation with my girlfriend.

And WOW I just got disconnected from a deathmatch game where I was 33/4 and the game still had over five minutes to go.

DUNNOMAN. I think the more I see, the less I hype.

There seems to be somewhat of a consensus that it's more of a 'one-trick pony' than initially thought, which is hardly a bad thing, but I'm becoming unsure as to whether there's enough to keep me hanging around beyond a good romp in SP. The MP doesn't look that compelling to me. It seems plagued with that R* je ne sais quoi of slightly off mechanics.

I'm jealous of you Yanks, I have to wait 'till friday to get my copy here in Australia. *sigh* Will be a nice passtime to read up on all your impressions while I'm stuck here at work, at least.

Simo

Well here we go. After almost 9 years since Max Payne 2 and over 4 years since Max Payne 3 was first announced and debuted on the cover of Game Informer....It's time!

Heading right now so I won't be back on GAF nor accepting crew invites until tomorrow. If you guys want to jump in some games with Rockstar on XBL and PS3 then friend these tags at midnight to get in: MaxPayneDev1, 5 & 6.

Top Bottom