• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Max Payne 3 |OT| Funny as hell, we couldn't decide on a sub-title

-Amon-

I've been out of the loop a couple of days damn work :(

What's the situation about gangs ? Are we keeping them separated by platform or are we all going in the same one ?

Thanks !

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
Checking out the first minute of GB's quicklook and how could you not smile at the
Piano throwback
<--- a small nod from Max Payne 2, not really a spoiler, but just in case.

Why is anyone surprised at the Max figure? Collector's Edition figures are almost always awful, and I have no idea why some people were saying that figure was awesome when it was first revealed. All it is, is a boring pose of Max Payne walking slightly.

Tattooth

Checking out the first minute of GB's quicklook and how could you not smile at the
Piano throwback
<--- a small nod from Max Payne 2, not really a spoiler, but just in case.

When I saw that, I had the biggest grin on my face. I hope that there are more little things like that in the game.

Why is anyone surprised at the Max figure? Collector's Edition figures are almost always awful, and I have no idea why some people were saying that figure was awesome when it was first revealed. All it is, is a boring pose of Max Payne walking slightly.

Figure's awful and now THIS. Why can no publisher resist selling the DLC from the Special Edition at some point in the near future? There is no point to any of these CEs/Special Editions.

At least I can feel a little solace in knowing it really is a limited edition item. Remember, they stop taking preorders this past April.

Worse case scenario, I leave it in the box, no biggy.

At least I can feel a little solace in knowing it really is a limited edition item. Remember, they stop taking preorders this past April.

Worse case scenario, I leave it in the box, no biggy.

I didn't buy the CE for Uncharted 3 cause the statue didn't look that good. The ad for the MP3 CE made it look pretty good. Now I've already pre-ordered it and I'm getting it no matter what. Cause it's Max Payne.

Hm... I really am considering repainting it. Might end up looking better that way.

I didn't buy the CE for Uncharted 3 cause the statue didn't look that good. The ad for the MP3 CE made it look pretty good. Now I've already pre-ordered it and I'm getting it no matter what. Cause it's Max Payne.

Hm... I really am considering repainting it. Might end up looking better that way.

As long as you realize (and don't mind) that doing that will completley diminish its monetary value (whatever it may end up being) =P

Just seatbelted them? Isn't that adorable.

403418_10151717989360290_547980289_24402373_1044731027_n.jpg

IMG_2394.jpg

IMG_2393.jpg

Unboxing video in a few minuets...

Figure's awful and now THIS. Why can no publisher resist selling the DLC from the Special Edition at some point in the near future? There is no point to any of these CEs/Special Editions.

it's a bundle of stuff. frankly i'd be annoyed if any truly limted edition (as this was) had ingame content that those of us who missed out on getting the limited edition wouldn't be able to get down the line.

So I finally got some 8 player FFA deathmatch games in... pretty disappointed. The spawns are fucking awful on the small maps, I spawned in front of or had people spawn behind me countless times, and it seems the CoD crowd is getting their hands on the game now and playing the game the CoD way of finding a spot to camp in for the entire round with an AR. -_-
Argh.
Guess I'll stick to the other game modes.

OG Kush

Jheeeze, whats with enemy gamertags always appearing in multiplayer?! It makes it so easy to spot enemies its really stupid. I don't see this multiplayer having any legs, shame since they've planned so much for it...

UrbanRats

"...And the people of Gotham...who I will be seeing very, very soon!"

Over and over (just finished AA lol)
Tell me about it man.
Been playing the NG+ (basically hard mode, but with the gadgets unlocked) on Arkham City and i was starting to hate those. :p
At least i'm getting better at the game, eh.

You know the fun thing about these statues?

Nowadays they use zbrush to make maps and stuff for texturing, and also making a CGI quality version of the character. I've seen it used with an exporter for 3d print. Make a mold out of the 3d print and you can get pretty much a 1:1 copy of the true character...

Yet they give us... this.ç

Example:
attachment.php

Trivia: done by the same company of the Drake sculpt. :[

test_account

XP-39C²
Figures/Statues whatever, they just look terrible IMO.

Batman from AA/DCUO and Skyrim are the only ones worth having out in the open.
Oops, i thought you made the in-game models, sorry :) But i see now that you are talking about the included statues in the Limited Editions. I thought that the Max Payne picture above here was an in-game shot hehe.

So I finally got some 8 player FFA deathmatch games in... pretty disappointed. The spawns are fucking awful on the small maps, I spawned in front of or had people spawn behind me countless times, and it seems the CoD crowd is getting their hands on the game now and playing the game the CoD way of finding a spot to camp in for the entire round with an AR. -_-
Argh.
Guess I'll stick to the other game modes.

I never touch FFA in any game like this. Teamwork or bust.

Blutonium

Max Payne 3 seems to have moved up in the Steam Top Sellers list. I remember it jumping between 10th and 20th place the last couple of weeks, but the good reviews have knocked up to #2.

oVvXa.png

Achievements...on PAINKILLERS!

Can you elaborate? Nice avatar btw.

Also holy shit at the Destructoid review. Nicely done.

Better still, the writing of Max has been elevated. Gone are the overwrought metaphors in Sam Lake's version of the character; Max doesn't once try to compare telephone lines to a human circulatory system or any such pretentious crap. He's still clever and just as full of pathos as ever, but without giving the impression that his words are forced or disingenuous. He's such a joy to listen to that players will likely be scouring environments in search of more pearls of wisdom, and those who do will be amply rewarded for their diligence.

Shots fired and well put.

Ridley327

They're bonus objectives that once obtained, award XP for your online profile (think kill X number of enemies, do X number of headshots, etc.). I believe there's an achievement/trophy for completing all of the ones pertaining to the story modes.

Better still, the writing of Max has been elevated. Gone are the overwrought metaphors in Sam Lake's version of the character; Max doesn't once try to compare telephone lines to a human circulatory system or any such pretentious crap. He's still clever and just as full of pathos as ever, but without giving the impression that his words are forced or disingenuous. He's such a joy to listen to that players will likely be scouring environments in search of more pearls of wisdom, and those who do will be amply rewarded for their diligence.

Oh snap, shots fired for real. It's just a matter of opinion though if you enjoy the more over-the-top near dry parody metaphors, or this more grounded version of Max's narration.

I'm not going to complain either way as I'm just happy to have another real character in a shooter not named Nathan Drake, so it's all good with me.

Honestly, that's been my opinion from everything I've seen so far. But some people just love Sam Lake's style.

They're bonus objectives that once obtained, award XP for your online profile (think kill X number of enemies, do X number of headshots, etc.). I believe there's an achievement/trophy for completing all of the ones pertaining to the story modes.

Yup, a gold troph for getting them all. So sweet. Cheevos within cheevos.
xzibit-wtf.jpg

Ridley327

Yup, a gold troph for getting them all. So sweet. Cheevos within cheevos.
xzibit-wtf.jpg

Some games have handled that well (all of the achievements in Rock Band 3, for example), but achievements doled out for doing 50-some-odd other achievements are frankly a bit crap.

No offense to our friends on the PS3, of course.

Top Bottom