• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Max Payne 3 |OT| Funny as hell, we couldn't decide on a sub-title

Played a couple of games with giancarlo and rangersfan (not sure of gaf names) had a blast...this game is pretty damn good.

Now to work on my 8-18 performances...:-(

CTE

Love the game so far. Have some family stuff going on. Funeral arrangements and stuff right now. So I might be delayed in getting online now.

So how does the crew XP work? The top crew right now has 309 million XP and only 4 members of which 2 seem to play together a ton. The bonus for playing with crew members can not be that big can it?

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crews/leaderboards

That is suspect in relation to how much others have.

So are you saying that yes it is in? If so FUCK YES.

That particular track isnt there, but HEALTH and R* fucking nailed it in terms of the exact same sound but modernized for an audience almost a decade later with other cultures' influences. Did you ever see the movie "Drive"? You know how that movie modernized 80's electronica? Then yeah.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Been out of the gaming scene for a while (haven't played/bought any games since Mass Effect 3), but I'm tempted to jump back in with Max Payne 3. How long is the single player campaign? I've read 12 hours on IGN/GameSpot, but those guys are generally terrible and overestimate the length of games.

Also is multiplayer as fun as everyone is making it out to be? My last MP experience was MW3 and I was kinda disappointed with it.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
PS3 impressions?

Outside of the sound bug affecting both console versions... this game is pretty goddamn awesome.

Not framey at all (for a console game) and haven't noticed tearing (but I'm not as sensitive to this).

I feel like the only person thats more interested in the multiplayer than the single player. Steam needs to put the first 2 on sale already so I can get caught up in the story.

Been out of the gaming scene for a while (haven't played/bought any games since Mass Effect 3), but I'm tempted to jump back in with Max Payne 3. How long is the single player campaign? I've read 12 hours on IGN/GameSpot, but those guys are generally terrible and overestimate the length of games.

Also is multiplayer as fun as everyone is making it out to be? My last MP experience was MW3 and I was kinda disappointed with it.

It's a rockstar game. If you loved GTA's multi but wished it had...more...it does now. This shits all over MW3.

MMaRsu

That particular track isnt there, but HEALTH and R* fucking nailed it in terms of the exact same sound but modernized for an audience almost a decade later with other cultures' influences. Did you ever see the movie "Drive"? You know how that movie modernized 80's electronica? Then yeah.

Aww i thought you meant they modernized that theme but i understand that theme is not in?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Aww i thought you meant they modernized that theme but i understand that theme is not in?
Man, you REALLY like the older games, huh? It almost sounds like you want more of a retread than an attempt at something different. :p

MMaRsu

That one theme is not there, no. But if you are fan of that track then you will LOVE the soundtrack =D

I will have to put my trust in you and the tv commercial!

And dark yeah i just really love max payne 2 especially. Modernizing a great theme like that would have made me giddy. Im all for new things but its not like the payne formula or theme were getting stale.

Wheres eatchildren btw?

Top Bottom