• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Max Payne 3 |OT| Funny as hell, we couldn't decide on a sub-title

Goin to get some grub then heading to pick up my PS3 Special Edition. Will post pictures and if anyone wants impressions let me know!

Nine years motherfuckers HELL YES

Gacha-pin

Is there a site a can watch the MLG exhibition?

Keep the impressions coming folks. I need to wait until friday (stupid Europe) before I get my copy and I'm so hyped for the game.

The reviews that say this game is really hard has made me really excited, I love a nice hard game. I'm replaying Witcher 2 on Dark and the added challenge just makes the game so much better.

Can't wait to play multiplayer with you guys/girls. Team Neogang are going to take over the internets :p

Friday is better than Tuesday. You can play MP3 through the night ;p

Gustav

Banned
Didn't know the game was only on Xbox...

jlTAJ.jpg

Holy shit, this game. Just came here quick to see how people are liking it. I know my mind for one is seriously blown. nine damn years!

Quick thing. Anyone else notice that if you pause the game, you can hide the menu and rotate the camera around. It's one of those little things I enjoyed doing in the previous games. So sweet that Rockstar even incorporated that too. Love pausing it during the most destructive and intense moments, you can really see all the detail. Bullet cases flying around, slides of guns pulled back with the mussel flare. GOD! Okay, back to the game.

Won't get around to playing multiplayer till I beat the campaign.

Has anyone done a PS3/X360 comparison? I'm heading out to pick up the game now and I'm leaning towards the X360 version.

I think you should wait Digital Foundry for a detailed analysis (more detailed than the simple native resolution which is still uknown as well).

One thing that I've noticed; it's hard to judge the location of the crosshair when popping out of cover sometimes. You know how with some games there's a sweet spot that you can exploit to get quick headshots; with Max it seems that whenever I aim out of cover the crosshair can be anywhere on the screen, totally random. Mind you, I'm not trying to play this game like an Uncharted or Gears, but on Hard you need cover at times to survive and reload/recharge bullet time, etc. As great as all the details are, the shooting is not as tight as I expected it to be. Maybe it's because I usually prefer the PS3 controller for TPS games over the 360 pad; it just doesn't seem as intuitive to me.

EDGE, Eurogamer, GT.

GT has never been relevant with how they score shit. I mean, they gave modern warfare 2 game of the year......on all consoles. Hahahaha!!

I wouldn't get caught up with reviews. Simply gauge if you would be interested in the game by hearing how other people like it who have similar gaming tastes to your own.

Holy shit, this game. Just came here quick to see how people are liking it. I know my mind for one is seriously blown. nine damn years!

Quick thing. Anyone else notice that if you pause the game, you can hide the menu and rotate the camera around. It's one of those little things I enjoyed doing in the previous games. So sweet that Rockstar even incorporated that too. Love pausing it during the most destructive and intense moments, you can really see all the detail. Bullet cases flying around, slides of guns pulled back with the mussel flare. GOD! Okay, back to the game.

Won't get around to playing multiplayer till I beat the campaign.

Oh my, I was somewhat disappointed as I didn't think this feature was in.

I cancelled my pre-order with shopto, as I can trade in games towards it at Blockbuster but the wait is getting hard.

...guess I could always just trade them in on Friday anyway for cash......

After the short tutorial named chapter 1 I was feeling "meh".

Then I played chapter 2, hooooooooooly shit.
Playing on hard to unlock the two extra difficulties. Died a few times but it takes a while to fine tune the controls to your liking and adjust to the gameplay.

Loving it so far especially the gunplay and looking around for clues and gold gun parts.

kaskade

Well it coming UPS isn't a big deal for me today since I'm working. Now I have something to look forward to on this rainy depressing day.

dreamfall

You damn crew members need to accept my invites lol. SafeInSound was the only one that did this morning.

Apologies! After so many hours of Payne, my eyes were blurring yo! I played some fun matches with TheJust, to GAF represent! I'll definitely try to get back on after passing out for a bit. The invite was much appreciated!

Simo

So how's the multiplayer?

Thats what I'm most interested in.

Addicting.

Yep. Hey man did it end up raining for you or did you have to work? Haha and thanks for jumping on and putting up with my buddies but see what I meant about them guys being in to it? LOL

Ok so I'm about to jump back on since last night but curious, what sensitivity are you guys running at for single player?

Awesome detail of the day: You can pause the game and then hit Y to hide the pause menu and then rotate the R stick to move the camera and the trigger buttons to zoom!

I'd like to hear a gang wars impression, anyone?

I finally got to play that last night. It isn't available right away you need like 100 kills first but it then gets unlocked.

Gang wars is fucking fun as hell! It's sort of like Warzone from Killzone/ Team Objective UC3 but with a max payne story twist. The little music that plays during matches is pretty cool.

The MP is very fun and I thought it sucked when I saw it online at first. I played it for 4 hours last night and only played SP for about 30 minutes.

Only thing I'm not quite getting so far is the aiming controls. When sprinting, the camera feels so freaking sensitive and is jarring if moved. Shooting from behind cover near a wall feels weird as on the left side your character doesn't even aim out past the wall but into the wall.

Also there seems to be no bullet tracers when shooting the AK so it's hard to tell where you bullets are going. Other than that I love the MP. Finally a good TSP MP besides Gears3 /UC3.

EDIT: What settings are you guys using on the PS3 version?? It feels great after awhile but the aiming still feels slow even at 10 compared to other TSP games i.e. UC3, Gears 3 etc. Also I noticed a few minor slowdowns in SP at the beginning. Nothing game breaking but it was noticeable.

Stat!

AHH - Purolator hasn't delivered my copy yet. How dare they!

This wait is killing me. KILLING me. Going to make some lunch.

How are the MP options so far everyone (by asking this, I am torturing myself by hearing your impressions)?

Gacha-pin

I finally got to play that last night. It isn't available right away you need like 100 kills first but it then gets unlocked.

Gang wars is fucking fun as hell! It's sort of like Warzone from Killzone/ Team Objective UC3 but with a max payne story twist. The little music that plays during matches is pretty cool.

The MP is very fun and I thought it sucked when I saw it online at first. I played it for 4 hours last night and only played SP for about 30 minutes.

Only thing I'm not quite getting so far is the aiming controls. When sprinting, the camera feels so freaking sensitive and is jarring if moved. Shooting from behind cover near a wall feels weird as on the left side your character doesn't even aim out past the wall but into the wall.

Also there seems to be no bullet tracers when shooting the AK so it's hard to tell where you bullets are going. Other than that I love the MP. Finally a good TSP MP besides Gears3 /UC3.

EDIT: What settings are you guys using on the PS3 version?? It feels great after awhile but the aiming still feels slow even at 10 compared to other TSP games i.e. UC3, Gears 3 etc. Also I noticed a few minor slowdowns in SP at the beginning. Nothing game breaking but it was noticeable.

Good to hear. So I can expect MP3 multiplayer is different from GTA4 and RDR competitive mode? where is my copy... :(

Tawpgun

Debating whether or not to buy this... Never been a huge Max Payne fan... I really enjoyed the first one, but never played the second.

It is, however, a rockstar game so I'm expecting quality from the narrative.

Multiplayer looks fun but I'm not sure if I can justify $60 for it.

Yep. Hey man did it end up raining for you or did you have to work? Haha and thanks for jumping on and putting up with my buddies but see what I meant about them guys being in to it? LOL

Ok so I'm about to jump back on since last night but curious, what sensitivity are you guys running at for single player?

Awesome detail of the day: You can pause the game and then hit Y to hide the pause menu and then rotate the R stick to move the camera and the trigger buttons to zoom!

Yeah, it did end up raining! But I had to go into work for a couple of hours anyway. No problem, your friends seem cool. I'll be on later today/tonight. I'm trying to get rank 20 in MP by this weekend.

Top Bottom