• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |BO-T| It's hard for a post to become a thread

Vylash

My name is Jared, but I'm not that Jared. That doesn't mean I can't send a few strongly worded emails in your honour, though.

LJL50.gif

mrboo001

Banned
You know bean breath, I must applaud your new avatar. I read everything you post in his monotone voice and it works to perfection. Even better is that you don't even try to be like Cena, you just are.

Alucard

Banned
Have you seen the Spoilers? TNA has given up and handed the keys back to the man that started the downward spiral.

Just the major turn, but I'm not gonna let something that probably took 30 seconds to spoil a 2-hour show. And who knows? Maybe it'll come off well long term.

You know bean breath, I must applaud your new avatar. I read everything you post in his monotone voice and it works to perfection. Even better is that you don't even try to be like Cena, you just are.
TfrVA.gif

Just the major turn, but I'm not gonna let something that probably took 30 seconds to spoil a 2-hour show. And who knows? Maybe it'll come off well long term.

As long as they don't turn Dixie and you have bad guy vs. badder guy fighting for control of the company, it could be good. If they turn Dixie or team them up, yuck.

Have you seen the Spoilers? TNA has given up and handed the keys back to the man that started the downward spiral.

iM4uiAwF5QZuZ.gif
ibeNr2g7kwTYNn.gif

I liked the early weekly TNA PPVs :( They were the highlight of The Wrestling Channel. That and the random CZW/ROH shows they'd sometimes show out of order and cut to bits.

Laserfrog

I was going to ask Jared to please include Lou Thesz in WWE 2K15, but it's a different Jared. I...I don't know what to think anymore, it's like my heart has been ripped out, you know?

Did anyone receive this email from WWE asking people to watch Extreme Rules?

Hey guys, I took time out from my honeymoon to occupy this newsletter. I’m WWE World Heavyweight Champion because of each and every one of you in the “Yes Movement”, but our job isn’t done. The Authority is still a threat, and they need to know that you’re still behind me and that the “Yes Movement” is far from over. YES! YES! YES!

Laserfrog

I thought Daniel Bryan was a White Hat hacktivist, I can't condone this hack. I for one will NOT watch his match at Extreme Rules out of protest.

Rapstah

I researched the matter and the roster split in WWE 2k14 appears to be mostly based on the 2011 draft, with the following exceptions:
  • Alberto del Rio, who was drafted to Raw in 2011 but is on Smackdown in the game. This is probably because he has the World Heavyweight Championship in the game, and the game considers that belt the Smackdown title.
  • Big Show is on Smackdown despite being drafted to Raw in 2011. Cursory Wikipedia research suggests he returned to Smackdown before the brand split ended.
  • Brodus Clay is on Raw despite being drafted to Smackdown in 2011. Brodus Clay debuted his Funkasaurus gimmick on Raw which probably counts as a brand change.
  • Daniel Bryan is on Raw despite being drafted to Raw in 2011. This is either because Daniel Bryan was main eventing for the WWE belt (considered by the game to be the Raw belt) when the game came out (Randy Orton is on Smackdown, but John Cena is on Raw, and the last changes to the game appear to have been done around SummerSlam) or because the game assumes Team Hell No still exists and tag teams are arbitrarily assigned to either brand since the belts are unified.
  • Drew McIntyre is on Smackdown despite being drafted to Raw in 2011. McIntyre was drafted to Smackdown before the brand split ended and has to be in a team with Heath Slater who is on Smackdown and was drafted to Smackdown in 2011.
  • Kane is on Raw despite being drafted to Smackdown in 2011. Masked Kane debuted on Raw which probably counts as a brand swap. As Kane is considered part of Team Hell No, the brand assignment is probably arbitrary.
All of the Shield is on Raw because Dean Ambrose has the US belt and that's the secondary Raw title because Wade Barrett is on Smackdown. Antonio Cesaro is on Smackdown because he debuted on Smackdown. Jinder Mahal is on Smackdown to tag with 3MB. The Rock and Tensai are on Raw because they were main eventing when Yuke's created their characters (not kidding for Tensai) and John Cena is on Raw. Fandango is on Raw because Chris Jericho is on Raw. Damien Sandow is on Smackdown to tag with Cody Rhodes (and he won the Smackdown MITB in 2013). Paul Heyman is on Raw to manage Brock Lesnar who's a main eventer for the WWE title, which the game considers to be the Raw belt. I have to stop doing this.

Watching Beyond's latest show, Monsta Mack's wrestling! He looks exactly the same. Is this 2002?

Monsta_Mack.gif

indywrestling.gif, but I don't give a shit, this rocked;

Monsta_Mack1.gif

Le Tabarnak de Team....JEEEEZUS;

Tabarnak.gif

Anth0ny

Did anyone receive this email from WWE asking people to watch Extreme Rules?

just got it lol

I have no desire to watch the PPV, sorry D Bry.

WWE has been boring as fuck since mania. As expected, Bryan is getting the CM Punk treatment. Whether he's in the main event or not, a match with fucking Kane (at least they way they've built it, I think there's potential for a pretty good feud there) is pretty garbage coming off that incredible Mania moment.

Shield/Evolution is boring because Orton and Batista still don't care about anything they are doing. Should be an okay match, I guess?

Cena/Bray has had some creepy awesome shit mixed with god awful Cena comedy promos. Having a cage match after the Wyatts interrupted the match at Mania only for Cena to overcome makes zero sense. Cena is going over at Extreme Rules anyways, clean.

The IC tournament was cool, until I remembered the IC belt automatically turns you into a fucking jobber, or a guy whose only role is to stand, arms crossed, watching a TV for three straight weeks of television. Good luck Barrett.

The crowd has no idea how to react to Cesaro after being affiliated with Heyman. Dumb fucking idea. Way to ruin most of his momentum coming out of Mania. Still hoping Heyman turns on him and he has an awesome match with Brock at Summer Slam... but who knows.

njean777

That new TMNT trailer...

I'm horrified.

I WILL NOT LET YOU TALK SHIT ABOUT TMNT.

I am actually excited for the movie. Loved TMNT as a child and yes even loved all three of the movies (what can I say I like dumb shit). I mean hell we all watch WWE FFS and lets be honest, wrestling is pretty stupid.

Top Bottom