• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |BO-T| It's hard for a post to become a thread

Still watching that Beyond show - Dirty Bux Belmar vs 'Speedball' Mike Bailey was a real fun match. Belmar's pretty good, his gimmick of being a complete sleazy, creepy bastard works well and he reminds me of the killer from Silence of the Lambs.

Belmar.gif

Belmar1.gif

Bailey.gif

That was followed by a really spotty 4-way match, featuring that dude Shynron who you may remember had that horrific accident a few years back attempting a double moonsault.

Lol;

Rush.gif

AR Fox was on commentary and marked the fuck out for that, unsurprisingly. Then there was...whatever this is;

Shynron.gif

I really hope those guys enjoy all their flippies and unnecessary risks with zero psychology while never having anything to really show for it after all the years of doing them well, years if they don't fuck up and paralyze themselves.

Ithil

I wonder if those guys ever realise that WWE look at that kind of stuff and shakes its head in disappointment. They're not getting hired on MOVEZ.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Read the latest TNA spoilers...my mind is full of fuck.

I know I shouldn't be surprised, but jeez.

Yeah, 3 or 4 of us I guess?

I forget.

TNA taped again? How many episode???

Also I struggle every six months or so with the insane urge to get back into WoW. The only thing that would stop me is bringing all my alts back up from 80 to 100 with no new heirlooms and all the profession stuff I used to have a tight reign on.

I think I'll wait another 5-10 years for them to go free to play.

I wonder if those guys ever realise that WWE look at that kind of stuff and shakes its head in disappointment. They're not getting hired on MOVEZ.

Guys like Adrian Neville and Evan Bourne started off doing equally ridiculous stuff like that - it's the flippy guy dream. Get noticed on the smaller indys for doing crazy flips > get booked by Gabe in Dragon Gate USA > get booked in Dragon Gate Japan > get signed by WWE.

Vince McMahon said:
What a shitty Ahmed Johnson match.

This. At least his finisher looked good.

I watched that episode earlier, the Cactus vs HHH's match was wild.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah, LoD vs Nation was dogshit though. For every positive in that episode there was a steaming turd of negative.

BHZ Mayor

September 22, 1997 Raw is up on WWE Network. It's the one where Austin hit the Stunner on McMahon for the first time.

The original is decent enough, but I wonder if stro will remaster that gif so I can post it every time Sunny says something I disagree with.

somedevil

From the Observer. Here is the WWE response about KENTA:

The WWE official response regarding KENTA is:
"Unfortunately, we do not have any further information to share at this time. We will keep you posted if/when we have any news on him."

To me that sounds like were just finishing up the contract negotiations right now so no news yet.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Boootaaay, every single gif from your last post looked stupid except the first one. That backbreaker is just proof indie guys just try to do something different instead of something that looks good

Cool seeing Paige using the new finisher. First time I saw someone do that move was "The Mind of Wrestling" JT LaMotta, a mainstay of Texas promotions like PCW in DFW and Anarchy in Austin, who used if for years in Texas as his finisher. He called it "The Cram for the Exam." Not sure if he invented it, but I never saw anyone do it before he did it in PCW. Here's him hitting a nasty one on Human Tornado back in 2007:

http://youtu.be/7yaAWRBCPFc

It looks really awesome if the person taking it rolls out, like Tornado does here, instead of landing on top of the the person giving the move, like Fox did to Paige.

Since LaMotta's retirement as a wrestler (IIRC, he retired from the ring to heal his body, become a lawyer, and get married) last summer, fellow-Texan ACH has been using the move as one of his finishers, so I'd imagine that has gotten the move far more exposure. Maybe that's where the WWE guys saw it, as we know ACH has been on their radar lately.

I love that move even more than the Implant DDT.

Always thought that move would be cool to see on the big stage, never thought it would be a woman who brought it out though. Paige is doing a great job.

Ithil

Guys like Adrian Neville and Evan Bourne started off doing equally ridiculous stuff like that - it's the flippy guy dream. Get noticed on the smaller indys for doing crazy flips > get booked by Gabe in Dragon Gate USA > get booked in Dragon Gate Japan > get signed by WWE.

Adrian Neville can actually wrestle. He's not some skinny brat in a vest doing multi-blast explosion super power bombs as transition moves.

That's what got him hired over other flippy guys.

Adrian Neville can actually wrestle. He's not some skinny brat in a vest doing multi-blast explosion super power bombs as transition moves.

That's what got him hired over other flippy guys.

Yes, but my point is that it took him time to become that guy - he WAS a scrawny little brat doing all sorts of flippy moves with little rhyme or reason, until he gained the experience to improve as a wrestler.

Dragonzord said:
Boootaaay, every single gif from your last post looked stupid except the first one. That backbreaker is just proof indie guys just try to do something different instead of something that looks good

Backbreaker? You mean the 2nd one? Buxx caught him in a side slam position then flipped forward, face plating him. The point is well taken, though - many of the gifs I posted featured guys trying too hard to be unique. That dumb reverse 'rana, for one. And every gif of Eric Corvis on the previous page.

Ithil

From the Observer. Here is the WWE response about KENTA:

To me that sounds like were just finishing up the contract negotiations right now so no news yet.

"He's just doing the medical testing right now and finishing up his commitments, if he passes, we'll hand him a contract to sign. If not, we never had contact with the guy".

Bad Ninja Turtles is bad Ninja Turtles, breh. I refuse to be soft on that movie when there's a great TMNT series on right now.

Nick's TMNT is SO GOOD. I was so ready to hate it, but it's been amazing since the beginning and has only gotten better since then. It's absolutely phenomenal.

Michael Bay's TMNT looks like complete trash and his Transformers movies don't exactly inspire confidence.

Alucard

Banned
Seriously excited for Impact tomorrow. So many things to address.

-Do The Wolves and Bro Mans continue their match series? (zero other tag teams)
-What does Magnus do now that he's lost twice to EY?
-What does EY do next?
-What happens between Storm and Gunner?
-Who's next for Sanada? Is it Kenny King?
-What's on tap for Austin Aries?
-Does Madison Rayne get a rematch for the Knockouts title? And how will Brittany fit in?
-What kinds of shenanigans can we expect from EC3 and Rockstar Spud?

And the angle nobody cares about...what happens between Bully and Dixie, and where does this leave Bobby Roode?

Sblargh

Banned
I saw some people talking about Paige's new (old) finisher being unsafe. But if it really was WWE would have vetoed it, right?

tm24

Quick show of hands - we had a few CHIKARA fans here before the company's 'demise', I'm interested to see how many are still left standing. So, who's going to be watching the Season 14 premiere iPPV on May 25th?

Yep, im in.

Also, question about the new faction that formed at the last tna tapings

Umm, did they just rip off Evolution with the established guy, the blue chipper and the terrible muscle guy? Does TNA have black Evolution?

There's a big difference between reading spoilers and seeing how the show pops off on screen.

I know you're a gimmick like bean but that doesn't mean you have to defend everything they do like bean.
two people who fought against a third person all team up against somebody they were fine with weeks ago for no reason other than "because we can" weeks after the exact same type of angle with different people ended, which itself started a week or two after the exact same type of angle with different people ended
. That wouldn't look good in any way, no matter what company does it. PS yall defending it through every stupid thing is beyond sad at this point

The main reason I made this post was because a new Sorensen interview apparently happened. There's a summary over on DVDVR, but basically: he wanted to sue TNA for his injury, brought it up to Pritchard, and days later was offered the production job which Dixie promised him and his family he'd have for life. Eventually, the time period where he was legally allowed to sue passed. Under a month after that, he was fired.

People defend this shithole of a company. People genuinely look at stories like this and think it deserves to remain alive and make a profit.

Alucard

Banned
I know you're a gimmick like bean but that doesn't mean you have to defend everything they do like bean.
two people who fought against a third person all team up against somebody they were fine with weeks ago for no reason other than "because we can" weeks after the exact same type of angle with different people ended, which itself started a week or two after the exact same type of angle with different people ended
. That wouldn't look good in any way, no matter what company does it. PS yall defending it through every stupid thing is beyond sad at this point

The main reason I made this post was because a new Sorensen interview apparently happened. There's a summary over on DVDVR, but basically: he wanted to sue TNA for his injury, brought it up to Pritchard, and days later was offered the production job which Dixie promised him and his family he'd have for life. Eventually, the time period where he was legally allowed to sue passed. Under a month after that, he was fired.

People defend this shithole of a company. People genuinely look at stories like this and think it deserves to remain alive and make a profit.

How many shitty things has Vince done throughout his career to talent? Does that mean the WWE doesn't deserve to be successful and make money?

I'm seriously not even a gimmick account. I actually enjoy the majority of the TNA product and find it way more watchable than the WWE on most weeks. It's not perfect. Far from it. But it keeps me engaged and entertained. In the end, that's what matters when it comes to wrestling for me.

You're not even watching Summer 2003 TNA! That's their best run!

As far as I'm concerned...You're all gimmicks! The lot of ya! I'm the only one that's real
ROCK AND ROLLLLLLL

How many shitty things has Vince done throughout his career to talent? Does that mean the WWE doesn't deserve to be successful and make money?

A bunch of offensive and humiliating angles, don't get me wrong. But at least they didn't have to worry about being fucked when suffering severe/life-threatening injuries. At least when Droz was promised a job for life after being paralyzed, that promise was kept (he's still there). At least they didn't need to work second jobs at Sunglass Hut while working there. So yes, they deserve to make money for not being that awful. A company that is responsible and is that awful doesn't deserve it. How is this hard to comprehend?

This isn't hearsay, these aren't lies. These are things frequently reported and updated with even more harrowing info than before. How can people still think TNA is a company respectful to their talent and better than Vince when even members of their talent past and present confirm the horror stories and that they'd make more on the indies than in TNA?

Alucard is mos def not a gimmick poster. We mock him for watching TNA, but dude is SINCERE and REAL and a bunch of other synonyms that I can't think of at the moment.

I'd shake his hand any day.

Pardon my ignorance but I was under the assumption that wrestlers couldn't sue the promotions due to injury unless they could prove some sort of negligence like in an Owen Hart situation. What was he planning to sue them for?

jred2k

You guys should just be glad Alucard hasn't found a blog that does bad TNA photoshops. His obsession with Pensblog was a giant blemish on NHL-GAF when I first started reading that thread.

Man, if only there was a sure-fire way to tell gimmick posters apart... oh well.

Anyways, here's Eva Marie with some canned goods:
vHMaVzN.png

#Queen #AllRedEverything

Vylash

Pardon my ignorance but I was under the assumption that wrestlers couldn't sue the promotions due to injury unless they could prove some sort of negligence like in an Owen Hart situation. What was he planning to sue them for?

They've been sued before when they refused to cover the hospital bills for someone's injury

Is anyone surprised WWE have managed to cool off most of the awesome stuff they had happen at WM/night after WM?

Obviously the D-Bry missing stuff couldn't be helped, but still, Kane, 2014, filler feud, repeating angles, suddenly a monster again after being a joke.... ok WWE.

I think I'd like it better if he took the mask off and was all confused, "BRYAN, BRYAN HELP ME, WHAT IS THIS, CALL MY WIFE AHGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" *transforms* lol.

I've never given a shit about Wyatt and Cena so their boring stuff doesn't surprise me, really sad for people who expected something from it though. Cena is just terrrrrrrrrible, his 'acting emotion' is hilarious, its so so bad, stick to Total Divas dude. Unless they do an abrupt interest spot he'll be smiling and turning his heel on the mat next Monday.

I know they need credible heels but Cesaro was so over as a good guy. Just seems to have lost the excitement from WM already. :( Why they're trying to salvage RVD and Swagger at the cost of Cesaro a little bit I'll never know.

When Ric Flair came down to the ring I said "I bet he sides with The Shield, HE'S THE FORTH MAN MAGGLE!" - it was so obvious they just kept showing Evolution unrealistically marking out, clapping and being happy, lolwrestling.

Honestly I liked it better when it looked like we were gonna have a faction war on our hands and The Shield were gonna be with D-Bry etc. Sigh, had such potential. Instead D-Bry gets beaten up every Raw still (but now he sometimes has his championship belt with him!) and no one else cares/helps again.

So are wrestler injuries something promoters could be liable for but no one has sued and got it to trial to create legal precedence?

I think it depends on the severity of the injury. With a broken neck, Sorensen could have absolutely taken it to trial and likely would have won or at least forced a decent settlement out of the company (decent as in better than what they paid him).

Top Bottom