• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |BO-T| It's hard for a post to become a thread

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Something about a viewing club to factor in, the Taima.tv/wrassleGAF channel can be used for synchronous viewing from most video providers. So if you want to set up a time or place people can watch all at once without any hassle, that's a good'un. I gotta live up to my promotional position here and start being that carnival barker I can be.

here's one:

NJPW - Super J Cup 1994/04/16
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6vP7ud836k

Thanks. That's a classic and a solid place to start.

We can keep a list in the OP, or I can just keep a running list of suggestions and put them in a Google Doc. We can collect suggestions for a few days and decide what we want to watch together.

I just bought a Lego X-Wing and I'm not even ashamed of myself.

Oh how deep I have fallen.

image.php

Sblargh

Banned
Something about a viewing club to factor in, the Taima.tv/wrassleGAF channel can be used for synchronous viewing from most video providers. So if you want to set up a time or place people can watch all at once without any hassle, that's a good'un. I gotta live up to my promotional position here and start being that carnival barker I can be.

That works, I think. Is there any wrestling show on wednesday? We could do it at the same time slot there's usually Raw/NXT/Impact/Smackdown.

Yeah, it would be really cool.
On monday, we get angry about Raw, On tuesday, a good match on Main Event picks us up, on Wednesday we go outside of WWE so everyone can generally agree on something, on thursday, we get hyped for NXT, on friday we chillax with Smackdown being ignored on the background.

That works, I think. Is there any wrestling show on wednesday? We could do it at the same time slot there's usually Raw/NXT/Impact/Smackdown.

Yeah, it would be really cool.
On monday, we get angry about Raw, On tuesday, a good match on Main Event picks us up, on Wednesday we go outside of WWE so everyone can generally agree on something, on thursday, we get hyped for NXT, on friday we chillax with Smackdown being ignored on the background.

That's a great idea - perhaps Vince could take submissions for matches to be included on the taima.tv playlist throughout the week, then we get together Wednesday night to watch them all. Get a bunch of different matches from different promotions in there, matches from the past, etc, could be fun.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
NAME NAMES

VINCE MCMAHON GODDAMMIT

sorta unrelated, I wish you'd post here more often. You're a fun guy.

That's a great idea - perhaps Vince could take submissions for matches to be included on the taima.tv playlist throughout the week, then we get together Wednesday night to watch them all. Get a bunch of different matches from different promotions in there, matches from the past, etc, could be fun.

Absolutely. Just bomb me with links, I'll put em on and watch it go and then pick a spot to jump in at. It's hard to do, though, and build a crew of people that'll reliably come in because life being life, shit comes up. I'd love to be a part of this in earnest but I can't guarantee that I'll be there.

I also think there's definitely room in the Network OT for the same kind of thing, but the whole point is non-WWE-owned stuff. Which is a shame, my WCCW Viewing Party is done at lunch, alone in my car. :(

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Nothing major

Newz and notez:

- Current TNA star Kenny King will be appearing on this week's WWE Legends House. At the time of this taping, he was a Chippendale’s dancer part time in the Las Vegas, was shown teaching some of the WWE legends how to be a Chippendale’s dancer. The episode was said to have been shot in late 2011, however King signed with TNA in June of 2012.

-- Adam Rose's debut on RAW reportedly came off much much better live than it did on TV. It was decided not to have him in a match so that they could get audiences more familiar with him.

-- Natalya was on the RAW pre-game and post-game shows. The post-game show had an interview with Evolution where they said they wouldn't be done with the Shield until they decided.

-- Fans in the arena in Albany, New York for RAW noted that the show "dragged on" but that the crowd was hot for certain segments. They came alive when Roman Reigns made his big comeback during the main event. They were also hot for the Adam Rose debut and even continued to sing his theme song during the commercial break.

Daniel Bryan was originally slated to face Batista in the script for Monday's RAW. That was changed sometime during the day to have him face Alberto Del Rio.

The main event featuring Evolution being featured as the guest timekeepers was also changed. The opted to have Evolution come down and perform a beatdown instead of being at ringside during the match and then attacking after the match.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Huh, see a IWA Japan Mike Rotundo retirement show out there on youtube but I've never seen it. Kinda curious how it went down.

Hasney

I wish they didn't change that main event. Having three people be timekeepers would be hilarious, especially if they kept checking their watches and making sure they were synchronized.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The problem is that X-Wings are the shittiest Alliance fighter.

Y-Wings 4 Life

Aiii

So not worth it
You are so wrong Vinny, so so wrong... Also: The biggest sin of the prequel trilogy is that it featured no X-Wings.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You are so wrong Vinny, so so wrong... Also: The biggest sin of the prequel trilogy is that it featured no X-Wings.

I guess. Y-Wings are a timeless design. B-Wings are for people with handicaps, and A-Wings don't have enough striations.

Now you wanna talk about the TIEs, Interceptors reign supreme.

NOTE: My Star Wars experience ends after Tie Fighter on PC released. So don't bring up shit I wouldn't understand.

Sblargh

Banned
Crowd yesterday was very good. Adam Rose thing not translating to the TV might mark him as the first victim of the difference between Raw and NXT settings. They need a lot of extras to make it seem like he has a lot of people following him into the ring.

And it was also genious to put him against Zeb and Swagger; the contrast between the two makes it visually funny even with nothing going on.

Y-Wings were the most boring fighters in the Rogue Squadron games. They were the 5/5/14 RAW of fighter aircrafts, only popular with the Sblarghs and Serenawarfare apologists of the world.

Aiii

So not worth it
We are agreed on the Tie Interceptors Sunny.

Crowd yesterday was very good. Adam Rose thing not translating to the TV might mark him as the first victim of the difference between Raw and NXT settings. They need a lot of extras to make it seem like he has a lot of people following him into the ring.

And it was also genious to put him against Zeb and Swagger; the contrast between the two makes it visually funny even with nothing going on.

image.php

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Zeb's a perfect foil for Rose. A good choice.

Sblargh

Banned
Zeb was perfect in that entire segment. I kinda hope that Rose faces Swagger in a match rather than have the typical newbie squash matches that lead to nowhere.

My worry is that in his NXT debut he did a very funny match rolling around, using the ropes, and stuff and I, like everyone else, got hooked.

Then he did the exact same thing his other 2 or 3 matches. If he re-do the same match against Swagger, it will be just sad.

I guess. Y-Wings are a timeless design. B-Wings are for people with handicaps, and A-Wings don't have enough striations.

Now you wanna talk about the TIEs, Interceptors reign supreme.

NOTE: My Star Wars experience ends after Tie Fighter on PC released. So don't bring up shit I wouldn't understand.

TIE Advanced, TIE Defender, and Missile Gunboat, motherfucker.

And I'd be down to watch stuff on Wednesday nights.

Hell, we could start with anything from Bootaay's usual big ass list of quality matches as well.

My worry is that in his NXT debut he did a very funny match rolling around, using the ropes, and stuff and I, like everyone else, got hooked.

Then he did the exact same thing his other 2 or 3 matches. If he re-do the same match against Swagger, it will be just sad.

Yeah, there is way too much repetition in WWE these days. They have way too much airtime to show the same thing over and over again.

njean777

Just finished raw and of course evolution acting like huge wusses again. If they really wanted to make it good Cena should have come to interfere as well. It would have made sense. But nope another angle of evolution having to rely on other people to do all the work for them. Kinda tired of seeing that already.

Entropia

No One Remembers
TIE Advanced, TIE Defender, and Missile Gunboat, motherfucker.

And I'd be down to watch stuff on Wednesday nights.

Hell, we could start with anything from Bootaay's usual big ass list of quality matches as well.

The Missle Gunboat was pretty OP.

I liked the TIE Advanced though.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The Missle Gunboat was pretty OP.

I liked the TIE Advanced though.

Tie Advanced as fun as fuck to play with. Too fast 4me though.

I loved shooting Tie Bombers though. Them motherfuckers were gratifying as hayell.

strobogo

Banned
When I think of a promotion that will wash away the stupid, poorly executed cartoony bullshit that only a terrible Raw can provide, CHIKARA is definitely not it.

Aii, you never answered. Someone cast aspersions on you and claimed you watched Superstars. Is this true?

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
I vote that we ban WWE talk from this thread. Make me supreme chancellor and this thread will never feel the lows of post WWE dreck. We will all smile in the aftermath of DDT and Chikara comedy, high five after PWG, NJPW, Shimmer, Progress, Stardom, Oz Academy Dragon Gate etc. Wrasslin goodness. You deserve better.

When I think of a promotion that will wash away the stupid, poorly executed cartoony bullshit that only a terrible Raw can provide, CHIKARA is definitely not it.

I've liked Chikara in the past, but the idea of passable indie student wrestling with poor production values as a viable alternative to WWE's bullshit is depressing. And that's putting aside what I thought was the misguided as hell shutdown storyline.

Hyped for ROH/NJPW on Saturday. I wasn't as enraged about Okada dropping the title to AJ as it seems some were, but that's probably a byproduct of being new to NJPW.

I vote that we ban WWE talk from this thread. Make me supreme chancellor and this thread will never feel the lows of post WWE dreck. We will all smile in the aftermath of DDT and Chikara comedy, high five after PWG, NJPW, Shimmer, Progress, Stardom, Oz Academy Dragon Gate etc. Wrasslin goodness. You deserve better.

Vr4sqdu.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
About that Big Show Diaper gif

I love the colors and filters used. Reminds me of this fantastic Grover Washington Jr album that I still listen to often because it's fucking good:

H0hLW5z.jpg

And it also looks like the holiday section of a Sears magazine circa 1983. I love gold, black, silver, white.

The 3mb vs Los Matadors comedy buts are so much better than the Santino and Emma crap

Emma was so amazing in NXT. I can't believe how horribly things have gone with her since her call up.

3MB is almost always gold, but that segment last night was horrendous... :/

Top Bottom