• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |BO-T| It's hard for a post to become a thread

Zach

Starrcade '83: A Flair for the Gold - B
Starrcade '84: The Million Dollar Challenge - C
WrestleMania - B-
The Wrestling Classic - D+
Starrcade '85: The Gathering - C
WrestleMania 2 - C+
The Big Event - C-
Starrcade '86: The Sky Walkers - C+
WrestleMania III - B-
Starrcade '87: Chi-Town Heat - C+
Survivor Series '87 - C-
Bunkhouse Stampede '88 - C-
Royal Rumble '88 - C-
WrestleMania IV - C
The Great American Bash '88 - B
SummerSlam '88 - D
Survivor Series '88 - D
Starrcade '88: True Gritt - B
Royal Rumble '89 - F
WrestleMania V - B-
WrestleWar '89 - C
The Great American Bash '89 - B+
SummerSlam '89 - C
Halloween Havoc '89 - C+
Survivor Series '89 - D+
Starrcade '89: Future Shock - C+
Royal Rumble '90 - D+
WrestleWar '90 - C
WrestleMania VI - B
Capital Combat: The Return of Robocop - B-
The Great American Bash '90 - B-
SummerSlam '90 - D
Halloween Havoc '90 - C-
Survivor Series '90 - D+
Starrcade '90: Collision Course - B-
Royal Rumble '91 - D+
WrestleWar '91 - C+
WrestleMania VII - D+
SuperBrawl - C-
The Great American Bash '91 - F

Let us never speak of the Great American Bash '91 again.

somedevil

Honestly I liked it better when it looked like we were gonna have a faction war on our hands and The Shield were gonna be with D-Bry etc. Sigh, had such potential. Instead D-Bry gets beaten up every Raw still (but now he sometimes has his championship belt with him!) and no one else cares/helps again.

I find this Bryan getting beat up every Raw thing stupid. This is not after Summerslam. The thing is he has to get attacked to get heat so people want to see the match so he can get his revenge.

If he got the advantage every week he would just be Cena. That's why it seems like people are attracted to him not because he is some smiling Superman who no sells everything and takes out the heel before the pay per view match.

DMczaf

I hate how Vince and WWF made it seem like Macho Man was a step away from retiring in 1994. He was only 42, and still moved damn well in the ring.

I hate how Vince and WWF made it seem like Macho Man was a step away from retiring in 1994. He was only 42, and still moved damn well in the ring.

Savage remained awesome in the ring up until he blew his knee out in 1998. Then he came back a roided monster to compensate for his lack of mobility. That was the end for him.

njean777

Holy shit I just watched the Undertaker Vs Mankind Hell in a Cell. It was hard to watch after Mick got thrown off the top of the cell. I cannot for the life of me believe he finished the match. I love Mick, but damn he made some really bad decisions while wrestling.

Holy shit I just watched the Undertaker Vs Mankind Hell in a Cell. It was hard to watch after Mick got thrown off the top of the cell. I cannot for the life of me believe he finished the match. I love Mick, but damn he made some really bad decisions while wrestling.
It's one of those things that can only be done once to have an impact, and you have to go all the way. It's his legacy. He made a lot of mistakes, but that wasn't one, in terms of getting noticed and skyrocketing as a star. A lot of people have only seen clips of that HIAC match as their only exposure to wrestling.

Sephzilla

I was stunned they didn't stop the match after the top of the cell spot. I'm really stunned they didn't stop the match after Mick fell through the top of the cage.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
The 30 chair shots in his RR match was a worse idea

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
fabulous rougeaus almost beat dynamite kid to death when they tried to start some shit with them.

i was watching the macho man promo where mean gene talks to elizabeth, and he acts EXACTLY like a muppet would

If someone nicknamed themselves as Fabulous, just run.
iqGVOw6cTTH0H.gif

strobogo

Banned
There are still 0 Raws up from 1995 on the Network.

I hate this shit.

It only took 2 months to get all of 1993 and the first 2-3 months of 1994 up. They should have 1995 up by June or July. Then you can watch your precious garbage era and get boners to The Goon, Crush, face Doink, heel Tatanka, Sparky Plug, Kwang, Duke the Dumpster, Freddie Joe Floyd, TL Hopper, The Blus Brothers, Mantaur, King Mabel, Issac Yankem, the Godwinns.

Have fun, brother

Seriously excited for Impact tomorrow. So many things to address.

-Do The Wolves and Bro Mans continue their match series? (zero other tag teams)
-What does Magnus do now that he's lost twice to EY?
-What does EY do next?
-What happens between Storm and Gunner?
-Who's next for Sanada? Is it Kenny King?
-What's on tap for Austin Aries?
-Does Madison Rayne get a rematch for the Knockouts title? And how will Brittany fit in?
-What kinds of shenanigans can we expect from EC3 and Rockstar Spud?

And the angle nobody cares about...what happens between Bully and Dixie, and where does this leave Bobby Roode?
Don't forget Samuel Shaw breaking out of Arkham Asylum.

DMczaf

It only took 2 months to get all of 1993 and the first 2-3 months of 1994 up. They should have 1995 up by June or July. Then you can watch your precious garbage era and get boners to The Goon, Crush, face Doink, heel Tatanka, Sparky Plug, Kwang, Duke the Dumpster, Freddie Joe Floyd, TL Hopper, The Blus Brothers, Mantaur, King Mabel, Issac Yankem, the Godwinns.

Have fun, brother

You forgot Aldo Montoya, mother fucker!

Have fun, brother
Imagine a three hour Raw with those shitheads.

Browny

Banned
This clip of Bob Backlund putting some random non-wrestler in the Crossface Chickenwing on Raw in 1994 is great. Vince is really good in it.

He's flailing him around something nasty. Crazy Backlund is awesome.

Brett could...
brettchickenwingfpsca.gif

To be fair, he prevented Backlund from getting it fully locked, so maybe not.

Weird how Bret locked his fingers together, but Backlund never did from what I can tell. Bret shooting again...

Sblargh

Banned
Watching the first wrestlemania and enjoying it more than I thought I was going to. I guess I just like WWF of this time period.

I enjoyed Tito Santana and the Ricky Steambot fights. Brutus Beefcake and David Sammartino was all right, nothing special, but good nice match, also a bit sad because damn, the guy was first The Son Of Bruno and in a distant second a human being with any kind of hopes and dreams.
I love Junkyard Dog for some reason; of all the gimmicky bullshit moves, his headbutt is one of the best. It's unbelievable that something like this was done in a time period where apparently keyfabe was important. It has no impact, but it doesn't matter, it's awesome seeing the dude do his thing.
I liked the "ladies" match, it wasn't smooth, but it looked like one of the most physical matches of the night. Also props to the psychology, those girls looked like they hated the beejezus out of each other. Plus Cindy Lauper, who is awesome, and totally in character, too cutting promos. Liberacce is awesome, too, by the way, I did not understood what the hell his segment was about, but hey, who cares, right?

Andre the Giant match was pretty good and the actual main event was garbage, but hey, Mr. T brings in the viewers, so, you know, I guess it's all right.

Browny

Banned
8nmd2kM.gif

Now that's a walls of Jericho.

Ouch. My back hurts just watching.

Reminds me of Beth Phoenix stretching Melina repeatedly (couldn't find a decent gif of their Submission matchup). Shame she couldn't conduct herself in a more fitting manner - she could put on an ok match.

Top Bottom