• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |BO-T| It's hard for a post to become a thread

Showaddy

And when they started the Bray/Cena thing at the Rumble and then COMPLETELY dropped it for a month with no explanation only to restart it at EC.

They wanted to do Shield vs Wyatts whilst the family still had some credibility, they knew what was coming.

Sblargh

Banned
Remember the good old days when the lights would go out and the Wyatt family would appear in the ring and everyone would pop and they would demolish people?

Now they can't open a door.

strobogo

Banned
ibw3IGHUz9ECEn.gif

Ithil

I've was listening Meltzer and Alvarez discuss for a good length about what type of car Bryan was driving in that Kane segment. Holy crap, man why does Meltzer care so much about that and besides Bryan character isn't showing up in a limo or have a driver.

I think he was arguing the overall portrayal of Bryan should be of a larger than life, World champ superstar type now that the chase is over and he's a top guy. Alvarez thought it didn't matter, that Bryan's appeal is that he isn't the Rock or Ric Flair wearing fancy clothes and having fancy cars, he's a humble but skilled guy.

The real pressing issue is having Bryan fear Kane and run like a geek, even though he'd beaten Kane himself the previous night in a 20 minute hardcore match. This whole goofy Kane story is a story for a midcarder, not a World champion. Bryan should be having a proper feud with a proper opponent.

Guzim

Finally watching Sunday's Total Divas. I like that Summer Rae is trying to get with Fandango and she calls him Fandango.

strobogo

Banned
I think he was arguing the overall portrayal of Bryan should be of a larger than life, World champ superstar type now that the chase is over and he's a top guy. Alvarez thought it didn't matter, that Bryan's appeal is that he isn't the Rock or Ric Flair wearing fancy clothes and having fancy cars, he's a humble but skilled guy.

The real pressing issue is having Bryan fear Kane and run like a geek, even though he'd beaten Kane himself the previous night in a 20 minute hardcore match. This whole goofy Kane story is a story for a midcarder, not a World champion. Bryan should be having a proper feud with a proper opponent.

I agree with you. The angle would be much better if Bryan wasn't falling for the stupid bullshit games and going right after Kane. Running away like a scared little bitch after the fall out interview where he said he didn't believe in any of the demon bullshit makes no sense. He should not be scared and take the fight to Kane.

gurudyne

I've was listening Meltzer and Alvarez discuss for a good length about what type of car Bryan was driving in that Kane segment. Holy crap, man why does Meltzer care so much about that and besides Bryan character isn't showing up in a limo or have a driver.

Who was it that once said the best way to tell if someone has a character (rather than a gimmick) is to ask yourself 'What kind of car does that guy drive?' Point being that if you can picture something as irrelevant as the kind of car a wrestler drives just by thinking about it, it means they have a character. If they brought up that car was exceptionally out of character for Bryan, that's about the only reason I can think they'd want to focus on it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Saw some stupid shit in a Clash of the Champions show
ibz160ONKDR0E6.gif

strobogo

Banned
I never made the connection, but I remember when Horace was revealed to be Hulk's nephew, that Hulk's brother/Horace's dad died. This whole time, Hulk's verbal tic has been a tribute to his dead brother. He's been calling out to his dead brother for 30 years.

I agree with you. The angle would be much better if Bryan wasn't falling for the stupid bullshit games and going right after Kane. Running away like a scared little bitch after the fall out interview where he said he didn't believe in any of the demon bullshit makes no sense. He should not be scared and take the fight to Kane.

It's all about protecting Brie with Bryan. Brie is really endangering Bryan the most with this dumbass angle. She's not the only thing bad about it, but the WORST.

What if Bryan is only pretending to be scared of Kane's spooky shenanigans, on the Raw before Payback Bryan drops his facade in multiple backstage segments where he no sells all of Kane's cheesy parlour tricks and just walks off shaking his head, after each one a dejected Kane pokes his head out of a nearby door and grumbles.

Sblargh

Banned

The only way they can possibly salvage this train wreck now (other than finishing it at Smackdown so we just have to suffer a rushed ending and not a dragged out one) is for Bryan to continue what he started to build at the ER fallout: Kane is not a demon, he is a man with a mask who must own for his responsibilities.

They can really tie everything together. Kane is a strong man, yes, a strong opponent, someone who can withstand punishment and feel like supernatural, but he is just a disturbed psychotic man who has been manipulated for years, from Paul Bearer, to X-Pac, to Triple H, to Steph; they give him a mask and he acts like a demon, they give him a suit and he acts like a employee.
But you're not a demon, Kane, you're just a man, a broken, lonely, old man, used by everyone. But there is one person who never used you. Who never pretended to have your best interests at heart. Who yelled at you and with whom you were tag team champions. You learned how to hug it out once, you can learn it again.

They hug it out, audience cheers, Kane takes off the mask: "My name is Glenn, and I think I'll open an insurance firm". Rides off into the sunset.

No, really, how come WWE doesn't hire me?

Rapstah

I'm just wondering why doesn't Orton want his title rematch?

I was going to check if they were still doing Bryan/Orton at house shows but here's the description for a house show in England:
WWE® have announced that its unique brand of action packed entertainment is returning to the UK in May 2014. Fans will be able to see all their favorite WWE Superstars and Divas all under one roof including World Heavyweight champion John Cena, Sheamus, Randy Orton, Daniel Bryan, Goldust, Kane, Big Show, Cody Rhodes, The Wyatt Family, The Shield, The USO’s and many more.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I never made the connection, but I remember when Horace was revealed to be Hulk's nephew, that Hulk's brother/Horace's dad died. This whole time, Hulk's verbal tic has been a tribute to his dead brother. He's been calling out to his dead brother for 30 years.

ibduZvviEO4BT3.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It wouldn't have made any sense for anyone but Steamboat to walk out in a giant dragon head.

Yeah, but when I see the WCW logo I can't help but assume...

Crowd went wild for that reveal though, goddamn it was a hot reveal.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Remember when Bret was a 'fighting champion' and he mostly fought jobbers and monster of the month style characters?

edit: Larry Z's reaction is better. Larry is a star, and stro's only concerned about Arn

Top Bottom