• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |BO-T| It's hard for a post to become a thread

for Bean Breath

07290.jpg

Sorry I can't actually buy it for u

I'm not really seeing much evolution there.

jmdajr

I don't see why folks have beef with what Divas the community like.

I mean if dudes want to love a robot like Eva Marie, then why not. No reason to discriminate against anyone, even machines.

Marvel

could never

I mean if dudes want to love a robot like Eva Marie, then why not. No reason to discriminate against anyone, even machines.

I'm in like with Charlotte, no one understands :(

strobogo

Banned
i think i broke a Legit Shook record for gifs in one review with Pride 10.

half of them from Sakuraba.

some great non fight stuff too.

I think I did a Nitro with 30 once. Maybe the reboot. Close to that I think. I'm going to wear sunglasses inside all day today. In my house.

The divas are the most talked about thing in this community. It makes no sense since they are then relegated to being pissed breaks when they are actually on. It's all just fake stanning. Trying to be cool for the sake of being cool.

Sblargh

Banned
I'm not really seeing much evolution there.

"Oh wow, I made it to the WWE. I guess I'll be a big strong angry guy. That will work!" -> "I like eminem, so sure, I can do the eminem gimmick" -> "Vince has told me to go PG and whatever, bring me the monies" -> "Oh my god! I can do good while being the face of the company! I can help the troops... I can... help children?" -> "I'm not sure anymore what is me and what is the gimmick, but I don't mind. The gimmick is good, he helps people, he works hard, so I want to be the gimmick. They think it is about losing my spot, but would any of these lazy slobs do the good I do? Would they wake up at 5 am and go to sloop 20 hours later just so a child can smile? It's not about me because there is no me, there is only the gimmick and the gimmick is a force of good"

Edit: Hey, Wesker, use the quote function, it resizes the photos to something that isn't annoying.

Matches for Tonights NXT

Tyson Kidd vs Bo Dallas

women's title tournament : Sasha Banks vs Bailey

women's title tournament : Natalya vs Layla(WTF)

Adam rose vs Danny Burch

Mojo Rawley vs Oliver Gray

Adrian Neville vs Brodus : No-DQ for the NXT title

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I did NOT need to stumble onto a site that has scans of all the old gaming mags I read when I was a young little Sunflower.

My day is taken. Welcome to the 80s.

strobogo

Banned
Matches for Tonights NXT

Tyson Kidd vs Bo Dallas

Adam rose vs Danny Burch

It's not that weird. THe tournament for the NXT Championship had some main roster guys on it. Like Jinder, Drew, Gabriel. The tag tournament had a couple of main roster teams as well.

somedevil

Here is the update Pay per view buy for Elimination Chamber and Royal Rumble. Royal Rumble did 467,000 buys and the Chamber did 183,000 buys. Here is what they are compared to past years:

Rumble 2014 - 467,000 buys
Rumble 2013 - 512,000 buys
Rumble 2012 - 443,000 buys
Rumble 2011 - 446,000 buys
Rumble 2010 - 462,000 buys

E. Chamber 2014 - 183,000 buys
E. Chamber 2013 - 213,000 buys
E. Chamber 2012 - 178,000 buys
E. Chamber 2011 - 199,000 buys
E. Chamber 2010 - 285,000 buys

The Rumble was a success and only down 45,000 buys with the rock last year. So they made more money than last year due to probably how much the Rock was making. Also the chamber did better than 2012 but it lost buys due to not being carried and some people thinking they were getting it with the network.

Sblargh

Banned
Matches for Tonights NXT

Tyson Kidd vs Bo Dallas

Adam rose vs Danny Burch

Isn't this Danny Burch fellow one of the released? Also, yeah, Natalya vs Layla. One of these days WWE will care more about continuity than the people watching. It will be a glorious day. It will be like Grant Morrisson deciding that every batman comic book ever must somehow be taken seriously no matter how crazy they were in the 70s. All the storylines during an entire year will be about explaining the inconsistences in the lore.
The Lore!

Sephzilla

It's not that weird. THe tournament for the NXT Championship had some main roster guys on it. Like Jinder, Drew, Gabriel. The tag tournament had a couple of main roster teams as well.

I'm a little disturbed by the # of main roster guys showing up on NXT

Sblargh

Banned
I'm a little disturbed by the # of main roster guys showing up on NXT

They should be guests, like Cesaro on arrival, having an awesome match for the sake of having an awesome match. Getting into title runs doesn't help the feeling that WWE basically stop giving a shit about titles.

Which is not a horrible thing to do, mind you, but if you're not giving a shit about titles, at least come up with interesting storylines.

I agree. Like I said, there are more people on the main roster who deserve to get let go than on NXT. Those main roster guys are probably eating more salary too.
Yep. JTG's release could've saved three brahs.

And Im worried about the number lf main guys too. Especially looking ahead. Do not want to see Brodus Clay on screen. Uuuuugggghhhhh

WWE Business Stuff

Network

As we launched WWE Network, we invested in marketing, programming and customer service. Although our earnings declined in the quarter, our performance surpassed our guidance, which targeted a range of Net loss from $12 million to $15 million,” added George Barrios, Chief Strategy & Financial Officer. “Regarding our TV licensing agreements, we are continuing to negotiate with potential distribution partners in the U.S. and India. Over the past several years, we have invested in people, content and technology, and we continue to believe the successful execution of our key initiatives could potentially result in doubling or tripling our 2012 OIBDA results to a range of $125 million to $190 million by 2015. We will provide more information and further guidance for 2014 and 2015 as appropriate.”

Tv, DVDS
Television revenues increased 8% to $40.6 million from $37.7 million in the prior year quarter primarily due to the second season production and monetization of Total Divas, a program that debuted in July 2013, and contractual increases for existing programs.

Home Entertainment net revenues increased to $10.5 million from $7.0 million in the prior year quarter reflecting adjustments related to prior year sell-through estimates and contractual guarantees. These factors were partially offset by a 17% decline in the average effective price to $7.88 and an 11% decline in units shipped.

Digital Media net revenues were $6.7 million compared to $7.1 million in the prior year quarter. Lower newsstand revenue from the Company’s print magazine more than offset the increased monetization of video content across various digital platforms.

Live Events

Live Event revenues increased 3% to $21.7 million from $21.0 million in the prior year quarter primarily due to an increase in the average effective price across our events in North America. The impact of staging three additional events in North America was essentially offset by the timing of three fewer events in international markets.

WWE Studios

Revenue increased to $4.3 million from $1.9 million in the prior year quarter due primarily to the strong performance of The Call, which was released theatrically in March 2013. WWE Studios' movie portfolio generated income of $1.6 million in the quarter compared to a loss of $5.0 million in the prior year quarter, which included $4.7 million in film impairment charges. Recent movies, such as Scooby Doo! WrestleMania Mystery (direct-to-DVD) and Oculus (theatrical), released in March and April, 2014, respectively, have shown strong performances that are in-line with expectations. The Company’s movie releases since late 2012 are expected to generate an IRR of over 15%, which exceeds the Company’s estimated cost of capital.

Vylash

The problem is that Paige was stripped of the title specifically because she wasn't just on NXT anymore, so Layla and Natalya even having a chance makes no sense

Sephzilla

Brodus Clay being in any title feud is a bad idea. I think it's kind of funny that Neville is kind of being put through the same "small guy vs big monster" arc that Bryan is.

From the WWE conference call thing;

"Monday Night War, a Tough Enough revival and a “second season” of WWE Countdown is coming.

They will be adding a lot of bookmarking and other features to the Network."

Marvel

could never
Brodus Clay needs to cover his fucking legs. He comes out in cool looking sweatpants but takes them off in the ring, the fuck? keep em on.

Sephzilla

I'm totally cool with a second season of tough enough, so long as Austin still hosts it. Maybe the winner this year will actually make it to the main show.

Brodus Clay needs to cover his fucking legs. He comes out in cool looking sweatpants but takes them off in the ring, the fuck? keep em on.

He should steal something from Biker Taker and just wrestle in black pants.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm fine with another Tough Enough. WWE honestly doesn't have enough Reality programming for the demand, and there's a lot of avenues in reality TV that they can pursue that are interesting and different.

Vylash

I don't mind more Tough Enough, but I don't get the point since the winner literally never lasts, the only winner that had a decent career is Layla

strobogo

Banned
I don't mind more Tough Enough, but I don't get the point since the winner literally never lasts, the only winner that had a decent career is Layla

Layla wasn't on Tough Enough. Miz was on a condensed version along with Ryback. The most successful from the actual devoted show was John Morrison.

Sblargh

Banned
they should do an inside NXT with some lesser know talent. document ther jouney through developmental. would help get people over.

The logistics of this is kind of iffy tho since you don't really know which one of these will actually develop into something.

Sephzilla

I want another Tough Enough that's structured like the SCSA Tough Enough, where all of the entrants are people who are trained wrestlers but were indy guys or something. But at the same time I want more of the peek-behind-the-curtain style that the MTV version had.

That promo HHH cut to all of those guys on Tough Enough was amazing.

Top Bottom