• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |BO-T| It's hard for a post to become a thread

Bootaaay...you monster
QBBMiLt.gif

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I think Cena is capable of better matches than Rock. However, Rock put EVERYONE over. Rock and Cena are the most similar top guys ever. Rock/Cena is way more apt than Hogan/Cena. Yet Rock lost more than probably any top guy ever. Rock put Mark Henry over when Mark was awful and Rock was on the brink of being a massive, massive star. Rock put over Foley while he WAS a massive star. Rock put over HHH multiple times. Rock put Brock over. Rock jobbed to THE HURRICANE. Rock put Golberg over. Rock put AL FUCKING SNOW over. He put Chris Jericho over. He put Rhyno over huge when Rhyno was straight out of ECW. He put Cena over. When I think of Rock, the only guys he didn't put over were Booker T and Billy Gunn. One of those was completely justified. The other was Vince being Vince. Rock was the least selfish main event guy of all time. Even though Rock did similar gimmick shitting promos as Cena, he did way more in the ring to put guy over than Cena.

I don't think John Cena is a bad guy or anything. He'se over even when it makes the most sense. I really don't think he's scheming to make sure he goes over or looks better than his opponent. I just don't think he ever says, "this is stupid, this guy should go over me". I really, really don't think he's going out of his way to make sure he's the top guy no matter what. I really don't. I 100% believe he does whatever he's told. I 100% believe Vince thinks Cena winning all the time is what's best for business because the super face archetype has been how Vince and his dad have ran things since the 60s I believe John Cena is a 100% company man who will do whatever is asked of him, but he never steps up to say "Hey, this guy should go over me". He will do whatever is asked of him, but will never go out of his way to put someone over

It its HIS responsibility to tell Vince/HHH/Steph that he should lose or that his promo is damaging to his opponent. He's never, ever going to do that because he is the ultimate company man. John Cena, to Vince, is like Bruno'/Backlund/Superstar/Hogan rolled into one. He might not understand why crowds have turned on him since late 2005. That doesn't matter. The actual fact is that John Cena is the ultimate company man and sells the most ( extremely tacky) merchandise. That his biggest audience is kids is his ultimate savior. Kids are a renewable resource for WWE/wrestling in general. Young kids are ALWAYS drawn to wrestling, and the super face who never gives up and always conquers the bad guy is always the most important guy to have. As soon as kids out grow Cena, there is a whole new generation that is old enough to start cheering for him. That is how pro wrestling has always been, especially for the Capitol/WWWF/WWF/WWE. It's never going to change until Vince dies. And probably until Steph dies. It's literally how the company has functioned since the 60s. The only person who is going to change that is John Cena himself, and since he really has no reason or incentive, nothing is going to change until he or Vince are gone.

In my heart of drunken hearts, I really don't think John Sina.fuck.com is a politician making sure he always goes over. What I DO think is that he's the ultimate company man who never objects even when he knows him going over and/or his promos are bad for his opponent.

It was Cena who came up with the finish for the Summerslam elimination match with Nexus. You know, the one where Cena got a DDT on concrete, then got up and buried the hell out of Justin Gabriel and Wade Barrett (And I think one other member of Nexus was still in the match, too).

According to Jericho and Edge, the original plan, pushed for by them and creative, was to have Wade Barrett go over in that match because of how hot Nexus was. Cena brought up the idea for the finish we actually got, and, despite jericho and edge telling him it was a terrible idea, pushed for it anyways.

Cena is a company man, but he's also an idiot that doesn't know how to tell a story on the stick or in the ring.

Just watched the Connor the Crusher video.

Oh my God, the feels. The fact that even Triple H put this kid over shows how much of a fan he was, and now he goes to his final rest with an undefeated record over the King of Kings. The way everyone treated this kid (even a known douchebag like Batista) really shows how special the WWE is. Sure, they can be jerks, they can have egos, but they can come together and really excel to make a kid's dying wish come true.

Rest in Peace, Connor.

Rapstah

He might not understand why crowds have turned on him since late 2005.

John Sina appears to actually believe that it's the audience reacting in general that matters because there aren't faces and heels anymore. JBL says essentially this sometimes on commentary so it's obviously how Vince justifies it.
It was Cena who came up with the finish for the Summerslam elimination match with Nexus. You know, the one where Cena got a DDT on concrete, then got up and buried the hell out of Justin Gabriel and Wade Barrett (And I think one other member of Nexus was still in the match, too).

According to Jericho and Edge, the original plan, pushed for by them and creative, was to have Wade Barrett go over in that match because of how hot Nexus was. Cena brought up the idea for the finish we actually got, and, despite jericho and edge telling him it was a terrible idea, pushed for it anyways.

Cena is a company man, but he's also an idiot that doesn't know how to tell a story on the stick or in the ring.
I don't think this is what Edge and Jericho said at all. On the contrary, Cena going over was the original idea, and Cena stuck with it because he always sticks with the company plan. The concrete DDT may have been his idea, but the original plan was absolutely Cena going over and Jericho was arguing against that. Or Jericho's lying to look better to his internet fans but Edge sort of agreeing with him makes that unlikely.
The rap for Wrestle War '90. Oh God, the rap for Wrestle War '90.
Hey home boy
gather around
some serious stuff
is gonna go down

So Nintendo are predicting only 3.6 mil Wii Us to sell next year.
iqgYQSmr0Jpff.gif

Man, I ain't even mad about buying the thing. But that's just pathetic.

I wonder if WWE will lower their forecast for the Network as well. I don't see them ever reaching one million honestly, even though I love it.

I think Cena is capable of better matches than Rock. However, Rock put EVERYONE over. Rock and Cena are the most similar top guys ever. Rock/Cena is way more apt than Hogan/Cena. Yet Rock lost more than probably any top guy ever. Rock put Mark Henry over when Mark was awful and Rock was on the brink of being a massive, massive star. Rock put over Foley while he WAS a massive star. Rock put over HHH multiple times. Rock put Brock over. Rock jobbed to THE HURRICANE. Rock put Golberg over. Rock put AL FUCKING SNOW over. He put Chris Jericho over. He put Rhyno over huge when Rhyno was straight out of ECW. He put Cena over. When I think of Rock, the only guys he didn't put over were Booker T and Billy Gunn. One of those was completely justified. The other was Vince being Vince. Rock was the least selfish main event guy of all time. Even though Rock did similar gimmick shitting promos as Cena, he did way more in the ring to put guy over than Cena.

I don't think John Cena is a bad guy or anything. He'se over even when it makes the most sense. I really don't think he's scheming to make sure he goes over or looks better than his opponent. I just don't think he ever says, "this is stupid, this guy should go over me". I really, really don't think he's going out of his way to make sure he's the top guy no matter what. I really don't. I 100% believe he does whatever he's told. I 100% believe Vince thinks Cena winning all the time is what's best for business because the super face archetype has been how Vince and his dad have ran things since the 60s I believe John Cena is a 100% company man who will do whatever is asked of him, but he never steps up to say "Hey, this guy should go over me". He will do whatever is asked of him, but will never go out of his way to put someone over

It its HIS responsibility to tell Vince/HHH/Steph that he should lose or that his promo is damaging to his opponent. He's never, ever going to do that because he is the ultimate company man. John Cena, to Vince, is like Bruno'/Backlund/Superstar/Hogan rolled into one. He might not understand why crowds have turned on him since late 2005. That doesn't matter. The actual fact is that John Cena is the ultimate company man and sells the most ( extremely tacky) merchandise. That his biggest audience is kids is his ultimate savior. Kids are a renewable resource for WWE/wrestling in general. Young kids are ALWAYS drawn to wrestling, and the super face who never gives up and always conquers the bad guy is always the most important guy to have. As soon as kids out grow Cena, there is a whole new generation that is old enough to start cheering for him. That is how pro wrestling has always been, especially for the Capitol/WWWF/WWF/WWE. It's never going to change until Vince dies. And probably until Steph dies. It's literally how the company has functioned since the 60s. The only person who is going to change that is John Cena himself, and since he really has no reason or incentive, nothing is going to change until he or Vince are gone.

In my heart of drunken hearts, I really don't think John Sina.fuck.com is a politician making sure he always goes over. What I DO think is that he's the ultimate company man who never objects even when he knows him going over and/or his promos are bad for his opponent.

This is what I've been telling you guys for months. There's no secret cabal of Vince, Triple H, John Cena, and I don't know, Batista trying to hold people down. This is just how the WWE has and probably always will run. Why should Cena care about the finish of a random match when he has 3 Make-a-Wish kids to visit, 4 TV interviews, and a video game to do VO over in the next couple of days?

Aiii

So not worth it
I turned on my Wii U this weekend. Had to install 3 system updates because I hadn't used it in ages.

Mario Kart 8 though.

Kaladin

I wanted to let you guys know instead of just disappearing like CM Punk or something.

I'm taking a break from Neogaf for a while. I'll still appear in the rafters from time to time.....so I'll be around.

Sblargh

Banned
Looking at the Payback commercial, it looks like it's Triple H vs Bryan.

Or at least this is how I am wishing it to be so the universe can respond to my positive thoughts.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
All I can think looking at this photo is Flair going 'fuuuuuuck' at the sight of Andre about to snap his leg
tumblr_n4w8ijsn651rg89a6o5_400.gif

That is terrifying what would happen if you botched. Flair would have gotten Sid'd

Just watched the Connor the Crusher video.

Oh my God, the feels. The fact that even Triple H put this kid over shows how much of a fan he was, and now he goes to his final rest with an undefeated record over the King of Kings. The way everyone treated this kid (even a known douchebag like Batista) really shows how special the WWE is. Sure, they can be jerks, they can have egos, but they can come together and really excel to make a kid's dying wish come true.

Rest in Peace, Connor.

WWE really seems to care too, it all came across as genuine. That video really got to me.

Ithil

So why Ambrose lose his belt? Just curious or is it just random

The reason he had it so long is because he's in a faction and normally was in 6 man tags, at the top of the show, so not only did he rarely have singles matches, but he was too high up the card to drop a bottom card title to just anyone.

Ithil

I have a feeling Bo is gonna BOmb in his debut, because the crowd won't get his gimmick and won't figure if they're meant to boo or cheer, then do neither.
At least Adam Rose has the theme song to catch on, and the catchphrases.

Sblargh

Banned
I don't like this burying of Swagger and Colter especially by that Cactus Jack ripoff.

They were left dead in the water after losing Cesaro, this feud is good for everyone involved. Adam Rose needs a good stablished opponent, he can work his comedy with Zeb and Swagger need anything to make people care about him; feuding with the hot new thing is just that.

Alucard

Banned
Listening to Cesaro on Jericho's podcast. Very good, laid-back interview.

His moment at Mania XXX was truly something special. A shame that they seem to be messing with his momentum a bit.

Ithil

Always been baffled by the "UHHHH, you DO know it's fake RIGHT!?" comment. Do they not watch a single fiction show or movie, or read any fiction books?

Sblargh

Banned
Always been baffled by the "UHHHH, you DO know it's fake RIGHT!?" comment. Do they not watch a single fiction show or movie, or read any fiction books?

This weekend, there was some family here and one dude really enjoyed it (I think I was watching the Dean Ambrose four way singles from Smackdown), but the fake thing kept buggering him. So I told him it was like a kung fu movie and he went "oh, ok" and just enjoyed the ride.

I think he enjoyed more than me because he can't understand what Michael Cole and JBL are saying.

Alucard

Banned
Guys, I'm getting really excited about the ROH/NJPW show this weekend in Toronto. Really debating plopping down 160 bucks and getting individual pics with everybody on the card. This is my Wrestlemania and probably the one show I'll go to in 2014.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
How hyped are you guys going to be when Cena wheels out Bo during a promo for Bray and talks about 'someone he left behind at the crib.' Then he says, 'And I don't think you ever paid your taxes, did you?' then he has Bray's dad come out in IRS garb

Top Bottom