• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |BO-T| It's hard for a post to become a thread

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Clash of the Champions X is insane.

ibfCfALgZ1kJ4g.gif

Alucard

Banned
Bryan has really let me down, brothers.

Pretty sure his booking has.

Also, the guy just lost his father. The fact that he's able to perform only days and weeks after is miraculous. Who knows where his head is at right now? He's probably struggling just to keep it together on most nights.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Pretty sure his booking has.

Also, the guy just lost his father. The fact that he's able to perform only days and weeks after is miraculous. Who knows where his head is at right now? He's probably struggling just to keep it together on most nights.

The worst part is the fact that it happen literally just after the greatest moments of his life, with winning the belt and getting married happening next to each other.

KissVibes

Banned
Cena, the biggest star in wrestling since Rock/Austin, should be able to help make other stars instead of crushing dudes and ruining them for years/permanently.

But what if they get too over and threaten his spot?

Look what happened when he did Daniel Bryan a favor and plucked him out of obscurity and gave him a jumpstart. Cena even got his chant over for him, without that rub nobody would've even noticed Bryan or his arm movements. Bryan got an entire WrestleMania pretty much dedicated to him, and what did Cena get? A very middling, forgettable match that did nothing to get Cena over. You gotta look out for number one; fuck the rest.

If I was totally a crazy tinfoil hat wrestling fan, I'd say Cena has something to do with the Kane feud happening. There was a GREAT story there with Kane and Bryan being a former team and having an established friendship. Two men who know each other so well, clashing and having very even, tough matches. Daniel Bryan being quicker or more resilient than Kane, a ring veteran and power house, manages clean wins cementing himself as a player. A guy that can still get it done even when the challenge is high.

Instead, it's fucking Zack Ryder and Eve Torres again, only worse because it's the WWE Champion and his WIFE that look embarrassing. Not Cena's doofy buddy that Cena was siphoning pops off, of getting brutalized in a hilarious manner for weeks, then being forgotten about by Cena shortly after. Eventually Cena will beat the Wyatts clean as fuck, and then save Bryan and Brie at the request of Nikki, making Bryan look totally ineffective as champion (and as a man in some respects). Bryan will turn heel even though he's super over and Cena will get that belt back with a smirk and a "Thanks for holding it for me while I was busy" one-liner.

Alucard

Banned
Cena is poisonous to other wrestlers. I don't think it's even debatable at this point. The only guy who gets over is Cena himself.

Cena is poisonous to other wrestlers. I don't think it's even debatable at this point. The only guy who gets over is Cena himself.

Pre-Mania there might have been some argument against this.

Mania was pretty much the end of that though. HHH lost, Batista lost, Orton lost, even Taker lost. Cena though? Hahhahahahha

strobogo

Banned

Look what happened when he did Daniel Bryan a favor and plucked him out of obscurity and give him a little jumpstart. He got an entire WrestleMania pretty much dedicated to him, and what did Cena get? A very middling, forgettable match that did nothing for Cena. You gotta look out for number one; fuck the rest.

If I was totally a crazy tinfoil hat wrestling fan, I'd say Cena has something to do with the Kane feud happening. Ya know, there was a GREAT story there with Kane and Bryan being a former team and having an established friendship.

But it's Zack Ryder and Eve Torres again, only worse because it's the WWE Champion and his WIFE. Not Cena's doofy buddy that Cena was siphoning pops off, of getting brutalized in a hilarious manner for weeks, then being forgotten about by Cena shortly after.

I think Cena is capable of better matches than Rock. However, Rock put EVERYONE over. Rock and Cena are the most similar top guys ever. Rock/Cena is way more apt than Hogan/Cena. Yet Rock lost more than probably any top guy ever. Rock put Mark Henry over when Mark was awful and Rock was on the brink of being a massive, massive star. Rock put over Foley while he WAS a massive star. Rock put over HHH multiple times. Rock put Brock over. Rock jobbed to THE HURRICANE. Rock put Golberg over. Rock put AL FUCKING SNOW over. He put Chris Jericho over. He put Rhyno over huge when Rhyno was straight out of ECW. He put Cena over. When I think of Rock, the only guys he didn't put over were Booker T and Billy Gunn. One of those was completely justified. The other was Vince being Vince. Rock was the least selfish main event guy of all time. Even though Rock did similar gimmick shitting promos as Cena, he did way more in the ring to put guy over than Cena.

I don't think John Cena is a bad guy or anything. He'se over even when it makes the most sense. I really don't think he's scheming to make sure he goes over or looks better than his opponent. I just don't think he ever says, "this is stupid, this guy should go over me". I really, really don't think he's going out of his way to make sure he's the top guy no matter what. I really don't. I 100% believe he does whatever he's told. I 100% believe Vince thinks Cena winning all the time is what's best for business because the super face archetype has been how Vince and his dad have ran things since the 60s I believe John Cena is a 100% company man who will do whatever is asked of him, but he never steps up to say "Hey, this guy should go over me". He will do whatever is asked of him, but will never go out of his way to put someone over

It its HIS responsibility to tell Vince/HHH/Steph that he should lose or that his promo is damaging to his opponent. He's never, ever going to do that because he is the ultimate company man. John Cena, to Vince, is like Bruno'/Backlund/Superstar/Hogan rolled into one. He might not understand why crowds have turned on him since late 2005. That doesn't matter. The actual fact is that John Cena is the ultimate company man and sells the most ( extremely tacky) merchandise. That his biggest audience is kids is his ultimate savior. Kids are a renewable resource for WWE/wrestling in general. Young kids are ALWAYS drawn to wrestling, and the super face who never gives up and always conquers the bad guy is always the most important guy to have. As soon as kids out grow Cena, there is a whole new generation that is old enough to start cheering for him. That is how pro wrestling has always been, especially for the Capitol/WWWF/WWF/WWE. It's never going to change until Vince dies. And probably until Steph dies. It's literally how the company has functioned since the 60s. The only person who is going to change that is John Cena himself, and since he really has no reason or incentive, nothing is going to change until he or Vince are gone.

In my heart of drunken hearts, I really don't think John Sina.fuck.com is a politician making sure he always goes over. What I DO think is that he's the ultimate company man who never objects even when he knows him going over and/or his promos are bad for his opponent.

Gorillaz

Look what happened when he did Daniel Bryan a favor and plucked him out of obscurity and gave him a jumpstart. Cena even got his chant over for him, without that rub nobody would've even noticed Bryan or his arm movements. Bryan got an entire WrestleMania pretty much dedicated to him, and what did Cena get? A very middling, forgettable match that did nothing to get Cena over. You gotta look out for number one; fuck the rest.

If I was totally a crazy tinfoil hat wrestling fan, I'd say Cena has something to do with the Kane feud happening. There was a GREAT story there with Kane and Bryan being a former team and having an established friendship. Two men who know each other so well, clashing and having very even, tough matches. Daniel Bryan being quicker or more resilient than Kane, a ring veteran and power house, manages clean wins cementing himself as a player. A guy that can still get it done even when the challenge is high.

Instead, it's fucking Zack Ryder and Eve Torres again, only worse because it's the WWE Champion and his WIFE that look embarrassing. Not Cena's doofy buddy that Cena was siphoning pops off, of getting brutalized in a hilarious manner for weeks, then being forgotten about by Cena shortly after. Eventually Cena will beat the Wyatts clean as fuck, and then save Bryan and Brie at the request of Nikki, making Bryan look totally ineffective as champion (and as a man in some respects). Bryan will turn heel even though he's super over and Cena will get that belt back with a smirk and a "Thanks for holding it for me while I was busy" one-liner.

I can see this.

I wonder what's the over/under on when the titles will be split up again. I assume they will let Cena be the last one to hold them unified and then break them apart in some sort of match with a "dirty" ending.

I think Cena gets it back sometime after Summerslam and holds it till they are split up. Maybe Royal Rumble?

Heel

I think we're all still basking in the fine intricacies and subtle depth of the John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt cage match, Duncan. I'm still discovering new threads in the tapestry they've woven for us.

Gorillaz

I'll keep my opinion to myself, friend. I don't want to be accused of victim blaming on NeoGAF, that's for sure.

Can't tell if it was a moment of silence for the soon to be crashing down of DB run or if I broke the thread
9jBmg.png

probably the latter

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So why Ambrose lose his belt? Just curious or is it just random

He wasn't doing anything with it.

They could be setting up a unification angle with the double title switch, they probably wanted something to boost Sheamus up for his heel turn or something dumb like that.

Maybe BNB instantly challenges Sheamus for a unification match in which Sheamus loses. Upon losing what was his key for an upswing, he goes on a heel rampage

He wasn't doing anything with it.

They could be setting up a unification angle with the double title switch, they probably wanted something to boost Sheamus up for his heel turn or something dumb like that.
Thanks for the info..

Just curious didn't someone post a long time ago in here thinking Sheamus should get a new look/heel image while he was hurt?

Maybe BNB instantly challenges Sheamus for a unification match in which Sheamus loses. Upon losing what was his key for an upswing, he goes on a heel rampage

Pfffft fantasy booking gets you nowhere, friend.

Pray to the sun this happens

Watching this knowing Bryan winning at Mania was never the concrete plan, Utter character assassination. You could tell people were getting pissed.

DMczaf

Finding out how crazy my uncle is tonight made me sad. I'll just give one of the things he said during family conversation:

"Just look at the schools, they're removing Jesus and guess what they're replacing him with? Just guess. Muslims. You don't want to hear it, but it's true. THEY want Muslims to take over our country."

I didn't even want to ask who "THEY" are.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Finding out how crazy my uncle is tonight made me sad. I'll just give one of the things he said during family conversation:

"Just look at the schools, they're removing Jesus and guess what they're replacing him with? Just guess. Muslims. You don't want to hear it, but it's true. THEY want Muslims to take over our country."

Tell him you converted

Aiii

So not worth it

Is this your uncle?

:LOL

I wouldn't have been able to stop myself from laughing.

Top Bottom