• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |BO-T| It's hard for a post to become a thread

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I saw KSW show up on Twitter, it's pleasant. Worth looking at, fun shit.

S20_PUDZIAN_PP_768x0_rozmiar-niestandardowy.jpg

Striker

Nope, gimmick could have lasted a very long time. Cena could kill the Undertaker gimmick if he was around for it.
Taker wouldn't put up with BS like that. He hated the Kliq shit in the mid 90's (like a lot of other guys) because Shawn ran around like he owned the place. Vince allowed it. Just like Cena and Vince today. If they had more leaders in the lockerroom to stand up for that type of horseshit it wouldn't happen so often.

Kane and Undertaker have lasted decades though. That's probably the closest thing to the Wyatts. It can last a very long while.
Closest would be Mankind/Mick Foley. But he changed his character an awful lot and was able to become a face in doing so.

Kane and Undertaker also both evolved. Kane in 1997 was quite different in his persona than he was in 2000. They watered him down, but you still took him seriously because of his size. Undertaker changed an awful lot from 1990 to 1995. He was the Cena from those days in the sense he was only fed monsters. When the New Generation was nearing its end and got the likes of Vader, Mankind, Goldust, and he started wrestling guys like Bret and Shawn more, he was getting more cheers than ever before. People enjoyed it because he was a great athlete, where Bray isn't. It's okay for these types of dark characters to have catch phrases, hell Taker and Mankind did, but they were only used at the end of promos and were only a few words. It looks silly to me seeing a supposed top heel going around singing the same song over and over.

Sephzilla

The day Cena retires is going to be the best day in wrestling.

Unfortunately that will be 15 years from now because Cena doesn't have anything else to do in life, and Vince will cling to Cena on his death bed

Browny

Banned

Unfortunately that will be 15 years from now because Cena doesn't have anything else to do in life, and Vince will cling to Cena on his death bed

If Cena doesn't get a hobby... Someone needs to remind him that he likes cars.

"better ring champion Sina boy much love Vice Maconh berried togeter in deat Brain new hero lol HHH no good YES YESS"

- Rahajam, Pakistan

Sephzilla

Silence is the key. Cena getting reactions means he's relevant, regardless if it's mostly boos, right guys?

Which is bullshit. Cena could walk out to the sound of crickets and he'll still come out weekly as long as his merch sells

Where the heck is the Paige and Emma photoshoot?

our love is like water
Pinned down and abused for being strange
our love is no other
than me alone for me all day
our love is like water/angels pinned down and abused

all over you, all over me
the sun, the fields, the sky
I've often tried to hold
The sun the sea, the fields, the tide
pay me now,
lay me down

Rapstah

The Wyatts were essentially babyfaces for a couple of months in October or November and it worked. Also, Shield vs. Wyatts was face vs. face.

I wouldn't want Cena away necessarily, He really should just be putting people over now more than ever and I thought that would've been great for Orton if those finishes wern't so screwy. But those 80's WWF spots he did was just benefiting no one. TOXIC.

strobogo

Banned
Taker wouldn't put up with BS like that. He hated the Kliq shit in the mid 90's (like a lot of other guys) because Shawn ran around like he owned the place. Vince allowed it. Just like Cena and Vince today. If they had more leaders in the lockerroom to stand up for that type of horseshit it wouldn't happen so often.

Closest would be Mankind/Mick Foley. But he changed his character an awful lot and was able to become a face in doing so.

Kane and Undertaker also both evolved. Kane in 1997 was quite different in his persona than he was in 2000. They watered him down, but you still took him seriously because of his size. Undertaker changed an awful lot from 1990 to 1995. He was the Cena from those days in the sense he was only fed monsters. When the New Generation was nearing its end and got the likes of Vader, Mankind, Goldust, and he started wrestling guys like Bret and Shawn more, he was getting more cheers than ever before. People enjoyed it because he was a great athlete, where Bray isn't. It's okay for these types of dark characters to have catch phrases, hell Taker and Mankind did, but they were only used at the end of promos and were only a few words. It looks silly to me seeing a supposed top heel going around singing the same song over and over.

Bray is a great athlete. He's a legitimate, raw boned hoss who was state wrestling champion at 275, was a second team All American in football, and earned a football scholarship with his smashmouth style.

jim-ross.jpg

XenoRaven

Bray is a great athlete. He's a legitimate, raw boned hoss who was state wrestling champion at 275, was a second team All American in football, and earned a football scholarship with his smashmouth style.

jim-ross.jpg
One might say he is an Army tank with a Ferrari engine.

Gorillaz

I actually do wonder how what would have happened to gimmicks like Mankind and Undertaker if Cena was out back then.

Deadman? Why you playing dead driving around a motorcycle?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I actually do wonder how what would have happened to gimmicks like Mankind and Undertaker if Cena was out back then.

"You're gonna come out here, wave your little sock hand around 'LOOK AT ME! HI MOM!' and come sit in the ring and rock back and forth, and that's supposed to scare me. It doesn't scare the WWE Universe, it doesn't scare flip bippity blop, because I NEVER GIVE UP. I NEVER GIVE UP."
tumblr_n56ib5xy1h1srbyoyo1_1280.jpg

Gorillaz

"You're gonna come out here, wave your little sock hand around 'LOOK AT ME! HI MOM!' and come sit in the ring and rock back and forth, and that's supposed to scare me. It doesn't scare the WWE Universe, it doesn't scare flip bippity blop, because I NEVER GIVE UP. I NEVER GIVE UP."
tumblr_n56ib5xy1h1srbyoyo1_1280.jpg

does he actually sell towels now with his logo?
OHErZ.png

I can hear him say "flip bippity blop" too

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
does he actually sell towels now with his logo?
OHErZ.png

I can hear him say "flip bippity blop" too

Yes but so does Bryan, which is sad. Tucks that shitty thing into his trunks, YES everywhere.

I guess kids need towels. To...clean up their messes because they're children.

Showaddy

I'm pretty sure if Cena tried to burying people's gimmicks 20 years ago like he does today he'd legitimately get his legs broken backstage. Cena complaining that everyone in the locker room is to nice today makes me laugh when it basically just means people put up with his shit and don't challenge him.

"Hey how about we Yankem that mask off and see if you're really burnt behind there or if you just have bad teeth"

Hey this is kinda fun, no wonder Cena gets a kick out of this.

I'm pretty sure if Cena tried to burying people's gimmicks 20 years ago like he does today he'd legitimately get his legs broken backstage. Cena complaining that everyone in the locker room is to nice today makes me laugh when it basically just means people put up with his shit and don't challenge him.

shame Brock doesn't give a fuck. i still hope his final WWE appearance is him shooting on Cena hard.

Sephzilla

"And since we're talkin about Kane, lets talk about family, lets talk about Undertaker. I heard Undertaker has this friend of his named Mark, who's apparently pretty mean"

Gorillaz

He has to get off on this. I mean your breaking the 4th wall and ruining other people's act with corny ass comebacks and bad Photoshop. He probably was begging Vince to take on Taker for the Streak, saying shit like "the kids will love it, their hero is finally handling that 'dead' guy and saving the day".

I definitely would love if Heyman/Brock to just go in on him at one point. Bring up that fake ass rapper persona, all of it.

Top Bottom