• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |BO-T| It's hard for a post to become a thread

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
5ERePD1.png

WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN

WHAT COULD

HAVE BEEN

Striker

Christian was calling him Marky Mark way back in their mini--feud in 2005. Kurt Angle did the fake rapper thing. It's probably where he gets it from, minus the funny.

They've had a lot of heels do the "we're tired of you, John" shtick for years. Edge did it all the time. Carlito, Batista, CM Punk, Miz, and now Bray are doing it too. None of it matters if booking causes it to go all for nothing.

Gorillaz

Christian was calling him Marky Mark way back in their mini--feud in 2005. Kurt Angle did the fake rapper thing. It's probably where he gets it from, minus the funny.

They've had a lot of heels do the "we're tired of you, John" shtick for years. Edge did it all the time. Carlito, Batista, CM Punk, Miz, and now Bray are doing it too. None of it matters if booking causes it to go all for nothing.

If only the "hugging fat girls and kissing babies" thing would have stuck
if only

Name a single memorable WWE title reign Cena has had. Which ones were memorable due to who he lost it to (like Edge, Punk, Bryan) and which ones were memorable due to him?
His super reign from September 2006 to October 2007 which ended due to injury because it was the only way to break his hold on the title, thank you Mr Kennedy....Kennedy.
Due to the fact that he spent a lot of time having feuds against monsters of the month like Umaga, Khali and to a lesser extent Bobby Lashley it was the definitive Cena experience of overcoming the so called odds.

Hey you didn't say it had to be an enjoyable to watch reign, just a memorable one.

UberTag

Silence is the key. Cena getting reactions means he's relevant, regardless if it's mostly boos, right guys?

Which is bullshit. Cena could walk out to the sound of crickets and he'll still come out weekly as long as his merch sells
Clearly the solution then is to leak a story through social media that Cena's merch is laced with some toxic substance so parents won't buy it for their kids.

Or that it is largely manufactured by child labor overseas.

And, failing that, fans need to take it upon themselves to make fun of kids and parents who wear Cena merchandise in public.
Call them "make-a-wish projects" to their face. Treat them the same way the general masses treat the Bronies.

The alternative is to stop getting bent out of shape about Cena and to stop watching WWE programming. But clearly that isn't happening any time soon for WrassleGAF.
Cena hate is now the universal pass time. Even more than baseball.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So, what video games have you guys been playing recently?

Final Fantasy 14 and Trials, mostly. I just got that Bound by Flame, which seems like an OK action RPG, but haven't had time to play it yet. FF14 is excellent, but I don't have enough time to properly appreciate an MMO these days. Looking forward to Wolfenstein in a week or so.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Final Fantasy 14 and Trials, mostly. I just got that Bound by Flame, which seems like an OK action RPG, but haven't had time to play it yet. FF14 is excellent, but I don't have enough time to properly appreciate an MMO these days. Looking forward to Wolfenstein in a week or so.

Wolfenstein is that close? Oh, I forgot about your heritage. Of COURSE!

I have Bound by Flame on family share, curious if I should even bother.

FTL is a perennial classic

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If I'm the kind of guy who says the last good gold game was Links 386, will I enjoy Mario Golf? Been considering it.

Links 386 was amazing y'all.

Spelunky, Soul Sacrifice, and Earth Defense Force 2017 Portable on the Vita.

Splanky's one of my favorite roguelikes. I hated Soul Sacrifice though. Man, that game fell FLAT for me. Totally bummed over that.

Cagey

Banned

FFX HD Deluxe Remaster Prime. Friends wore me down to try Hearthstone, which is babby's first MTG, and god do I dislike it. Everything I like about Magic isn't there, and everything I dislike about current Magic is.

Gorillaz

JC, pls

Just Dark Souls 2....it's become a very love/hate thing with me right now. For all the wrong reasons. Nothing else really, just that and work.

I'll probably get (more like redbox) Watchdogs whenever that comes out

Wolfenstein is that close? Oh, I forgot about your heritage. Of COURSE!

Who doesn't love shooting nazis?

Vince McMahon said:
I have Bound by Flame on family share, curious if I should even bother.

It definitely seems like more of a budget title and while the combat isn't terribly deep, it does seem like it'll provide a fair challenge. Got my ass kicked on normal difficulty.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
FFX HD Deluxe Remaster Prime. Friends wore me down to try Hearthstone, which is babby's first MTG, and god do I dislike it.

I've been putting time into ffxhd as well. Good shit, forgot how much of the story I completely forgot. It's nice.

JC, pls

Just Dark Souls 2....it's become a very love/hate thing with me right now. For all the wrong reasons.

I'm kinda the same way. Really falls short to the previous two, but has so much content.

PS2 games only. i pretty much gave my PS4 away to my little cousin, nothing interesting to play on it. got caught in the hype and bought the thing 1 year too soon.

to give you an idea the next game i want to try is Driveclub and that only comes out in October. yikes.

If I'm the kind of guy who says the last good gold game was Links 386, will I enjoy Mario Golf? Been considering it.

Splanky's one of my favorite roguelikes. I hated Soul Sacrifice though. Man, that game fell FLAT for me. Totally bummed over that.

Spelunky's daily challenge is the perfectly sized gaming experience. 30-40 minutes for a good run (for me) on the very nice Vita screen. I'm still in the first chapter in Soul Sacrifice, and I think I'll like it a little more now that I've figured out how to actually dodge.

The Pale Wing, who can fly, in EDF2017 Portable is a game changer, but so is online co-op.

XenoRaven

I have been playing FFXIV like a madman. And then whenever I'm waiting for a dungeon queue or for a party to get together I play FFX HD on my Vita. It's been over a decade since I was this absorbed in Final Fantasy.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Been playing a new game every day of the week and then next week starting over with the first one in an attempt to clear my backlog. Six games have fallen in this manner already.

gurudyne

MGR: Revengeance, Rock Band 3 (in 2014!) and Civ V: Gods and Kings. Last one is such a time sink and dominates your thinking when you're trying to focus on work/going to sleep, but damn it is it fun. And G&K adds so much to the game. Looking forward to picking up BNW.

I'll probably play through Red Dead or Deus Ex: HR: Director's Cut soon.

Gorillaz

I've been putting time into ffxhd as well. Good shit, forgot how much of the story I completely forgot. It's nice.

I'm kinda the same way. Really falls short to the previous two, but has so much content.

Yea it's bittersweet, I bitch about it from time to time in the OT but I think I've made my peace with it. Maybe next time From Soft.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Call me poor or what ever but i would be in on the vita with a price drop. Not seeing a lot on the horizon for 3DS

filthy poor

now that that's out of the way, I think both handhelds have a really rough future.

Links 386? LOL

I've only played Mario Golf 3DS for a few days, but it feels pretty good. It could replace Mario Golf GBC or Neo Turf Masters as my Golf Game of the Forever, but it need to play it more.

Now I wanna play Spelunky. Where'd I put that Vita...

Call me poor or what ever but i would be in on the vita with a price drop. Not seeing a lot on the horizon for 3DS

Tomodachi Life, Smash Bros, Theatrhythm: Curtain Call, Persona Q, Monster Hunter 4, and Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire remakes are all announced, but I bet there's gonna be a lot more announced at E3. I'm expecting Bravely Default 2 at the very least. I've got such a ridiculous 3DS backlog it's obscene.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
filthy poor

now that that's out of the way, I think both handhelds have a really rough future.

3DS has Smash Brothers this summer, Pokémon in the fall, MH4 early next year. Not bad at all. All before e3 which usually brings two or three surprise titles for the system that come out during the holidays and rule. 3DS also had an incredible 2013 which is the main reason I have this backlog to begin with!

They have a Mario Golf demo on whatever Nintendo calls its online store. It seemed a bit easier than the GBC and GBA ones.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I think you guys are seriously overreacting to the Wyatt Cena feud. Wyatt has not been buried. He still looks credible. The feud has a long way to go. Both guys are being protected to lengthen the fued. I agree that Cena is slightly more protected. But by no means, have the Wyatts lost credibility.

It's not a feud when wyatt loses cleanly, then the wyatt family loses cleanly and has to enlist the help of a small child to win... and that's really just to momentarily stun cena so he can fulfil the win conditions.

If winning and losing doesn't matter for wyatt's character, that doesn't mean it doesn't matter for booking or for fan perception if wyatt wins or loses.

If he's going lose to cena, then have him succeed in bringing out the monster within cena... or even have him lose because cena goes on a rampage. If he's going to fail to bring out the monster within cena, have him beat cena, even have him do it because cena is preoccupied with being the "hero." (IE: Have a crying child being held by the wyatts for brainwashing, with wyatt stroking his head creepily. cena goes to save the child, wyatts capitalize).

Don't just have a child sing at cena emotionlessly, and cena emotionlessly stare at the child while the wyatts are incapacitated.

And make the feud about Cena and Wyatt, not Cena vs the crowd.

Phatmac

Started playing Child of Light which is a pretty good little Jrpg with a great battle system, music, and art. It's all pretty impressive for $15.

Ithil

According to Kaitlyn's shoot interview, Vince's personal example of what he holds as the perfect Diva as an overall package is
Kelly Kelly
Explains a great deal.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
According to Kaitlyn's shoot interview, Vince's personal example of what he holds as the perfect Diva as an overall package is
Kelly Kelly
Explains a great deal.

Someone he owned and controlled before she knew her value. And people loved her.

I actually do wonder how what would have happened to gimmicks like Mankind and Undertaker if Cena was out back then.

Deadman? Why you playing dead driving around a motorcycle?

The John Cena Version of Wrestlemania III Build-Up
Andre: "I'm challenging you fo da World Heavyweight Champyunship"
Cena: "FUDGE MUSTARD AND PRETZEL STICKS! We're supposed to be friends, Andre! Some people here think you can beat me and that's ok. That's what's great about World Wrestling Entertainment, people can boo or cheer whoever they want. At Wrestlemania, it will be a grand production and we will have several major mainstream outlets there."

The John Cena Version of Wrestlemania XIII Build-Up
Austin: "IT'LL NEVER BE OVER, JOHN. It'll never be over 'til I look down on your grave and it says 'Here lies John Cena, the biggest piece of crap that ever walked the Earth'!"
Cena: "Well, clearly, some people here agree with you and that's okay! That's what great about sports entertainment. People can cheer whoever they want! Apparently, you don't like my shirt colors or that I like rap, I guess that's your problem with me. Well, the only rattlesnakes you like are the ones that rattle around Brokeback Mountain!" ::points to Wrestlemania sign::

The John Cena Version of WM 11 Build-Up
Shawn Michaels: "I will give you a show like you've never seen before. Why? Because I CAN."
Cena: "Shawn is right. It will be a great show. A great night of pageantry.
The production will be unbelievable and it's the culmination of a year's worth of episodic television. Some people want Shawn to win and that's okay, people should boo or cheer whoever they see fit."

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The John Cena Version of Wrestlemania III Build-Up
Andre: "I'm challenging you fo da World Heavyweight Champyunship"
Cena: "FUDGE MUSTARD AND PRETZEL STICKS! We're supposed to be friends, Andre! Some people here think you can beat me and that's ok. That's what's great about World Wrestling Entertainment, people can boo or cheer whoever they want. At Wrestlemania, it will be a grand production and we will have several major mainstream outlets there."

Bolded made me laugh an awful lot

Sblargh

Banned
Kelly Kelly
Explains a great deal.

I wonder how much of a new generation vs old generation thing really happens backstage. All those stories of John Laurinatis finding models and turning them into wrestlers just because.

Top Bottom