• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |BO-T| It's hard for a post to become a thread

Laserfrog

ib2akwYDvkuasU.gif

hogannodxfe4w.gif

Ithil

So what's the deal with those WWE movies? They're cheap to make, so they get a return in investment even if bombs?

Actually there's been a number of years where their film division is a loss for them financially. The only reason it profited last year was because of The Call which did well in theaters (and was one of those films they just helped finance, wasn't a vehicle for a wrestler or anything).

As to why they make them? Who knows? Kevin Dunn trying to play studio executive maybe.

18-49 quarters from RAW.

Nothing particularly strong except:

- Q8: Raw hit a show-high 2.10 rating for Daniel Bryan vs. Del Rio in the ring, plus one commercial. Included was Raw touching 1.4 million viewers for the first time in the show at 9:58 p.m.

- Q9: Raw slipped to a 2.01 rating at the top of the hour.

This was the product of the Bryan-Kane feud spilling over to the third hour, which included a show-high audience of 1.542 million viewers at 10:03 p.m. Raw then cut to break at 10:04 p.m. and lost a significant chunk of viewers on the other side of the break for the first-half of Wade Barrett vs. Big E.

- Over-run: Raw finished strong - for this week - with a 2.35 rating for the end of the six-man tag main event and post-match beat down from Evolution.

The segment peaked at 11:03 p.m. with 1.562 million viewers when the match ended. During the post-match involving Evolution, Raw went down one stair-step, finishing with 1.451 million viewers at 11:06 p.m.

Only big loser was the IC title match which bled a few hundred thousand.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
triple h sit down with Michael cole bout shield, funny how they acknowledge dead hardly defended his belt then swing it into putting him into that battle royal was to say hes defending against what should of been his opponents during his reign lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qioCrC3Sz4

somedevil

Same deal since WM, Bryan and the Evolution/Shield angle are the big ratings draws right now.

Yep, he is but lets not test how much it takes for him not to draw by putting him in anymore stupid crap with Kane. Next Monday Brie should not be there and got to turn up the seriousness of the angle.

Knowing them though I bet the battery and jumper cables will be back :/

Name a single memorable WWE title reign Cena has had. Which ones were memorable due to who he lost it to (like Edge, Punk, Bryan) and which ones were memorable due to him?

Reign's don't have to be memorable. They just have to make the WWE gobs of money.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure if posted, but here is a super long article on the history of the XFL.

http://www.sbnation.com/longform/2014/5/7/5683742/xfl-oral-history

Thank you very much for this. I love He Hate Me, need more.

More scenarios:

John Cena is revealed as the Higher Power
John Cena is revealed as the driver of the car that hit Austin
John Cena trolls Montreal
John Cena feuds with Papa Shango
John Cena gets sprayed with Arrogance
John Cena starts The Flock
John Cena is forced to eat 100 cheeseburgers

i would love to see Cena's response to the voodo curse of Papa Shango.

Cena hasn't fought him though.

...unless...at Payback...
2an4d.png

I know you're not a fan of me taking charge of anything, but we do have a WrassleGAF Rule that is the only smilies allowed in here are WrassleSmileys.

http://senorlariato.minus.com/mWQLLs1JDiFgG

I'm not trying to be a hardass, it's just, fans expect a certain atmosphere and feel from us, and we need to support their expectations.
jF6ZnAf5g9iZy_e.jpg

Real talk WrassleSmileys needs an update.

jred2k

Yep, he is but lets not test how much it takes for him not to draw by putting him in anymore stupid crap with Kane. Next Monday Brie should not be there and got to turn up the seriousness of the angle.

I wonder what the end game is with him and Brie. Is the plan for her to stay onscreen with him after this angle is over? I would imagine it's just for the "benefit" to this angle, but I hope it won't be an ongoing thing. With Total Divas showing that they are a real couple and married now I worry that they will try to keep them as a pair even when this Kane shit has run its course.

Ithil

Well it is a good sign that even in a god awful feud with Kane he is a ratings winner, but then again, that hokey stuff often brings in viewers despite it being crap.

But I just read on Gaming side that I'm supposed to hate it because frame rate and resolution confirm deny y/n
My standards are low for stuff I like I guess, it has lower framerates but I just think it's pretty cool that it's on a portable. It's better than the Jak port for sure, that thing was a disaster.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
But I just read on Gaming side that I'm supposed to hate it because frame rate and resolution confirm deny y/n

You should hate it because it's God of War and those games are turrrrrrible!

Curtis Axel has no character. You would need a personality for that, unless you are portraying a robot.

He is Mister Imperfect. He is his dad's son, minus any sort of charisma the father had.
They should have vignettes where he tries all the stuff Perfect did but he sucks. Shooting airballs and bricks all over the place, striking out like crazy, catching footballs with his face, etc.

Ithil

I went to buy this and was out of room on my Wii U. I need an external HDD...

Noooooooooooo!

Guess this is good news for Summer Rae.

My Dream Divas division would be built around Kaitlyn, AJ, Paige, Emma, and Bayley with supporting roles for Aksana, Sasha Banks, Alicia Fox, and Mickie James.

Needs more Rebecca Knox, bro. And Alexa Bliss.

That supposed leaked Sony E3 gameplan sounds like it was written by the people who comment on WWE.com. Why didn't they just go all out and say Final Fantasy 7 Remastered and Shenmue 3 are being introduced as well.

somedevil

Well it is a good sign that even in a god awful feud with Kane he is a ratings winner, but then again, that hokey stuff often brings in viewers despite it being crap.

I know but its just with Kane they try serious but most of the time it absurd. I just fear it will head into this territory:

ibovNSBy17EOdZ.gif

Sokantish

Muscles are a dime a dozen in the e-world. Kratos is for real a complete dipshit, nobody likes to play as a moron. I think.

Sunflower, people like to play all sorts of odd characters that I would think no one would actually want to play as. Look at a lot of the posters in this thread!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sunflower, people like to play all sorts of odd characters that I would think no one would actually want to play as. Look at a lot of the posters in this thread!

If you could just play as Marcus Fenix in everything, games would be a lot more fun.

ibIPz4U06AaqZ.gif

Someone should make a smiley out of this face

Trouble is the hat's cut off at the top - do we have any alternate zooms of it?

Top Bottom