• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |BO-T| It's hard for a post to become a thread

Kornflayx

Some bullshit:

- Many fans have been wondering why NWA, WCW and UWF TV (Mid-South) TV has not been added to the WWE Network at this time. There are a few reasons why they haven't been added.

The first thing is that all of the material that WWE has digitized has to be cleaned up.

Once that is done, WWE legal has to check the footage to make sure there are no issues with music rights.

Then the footage is sent for any additional editing as well as the footage being closed captioned for the hearing impaired.

Once all of that is done, the footage is then uploaded to the data base that houses the footage for the network.

Also keep in mind that WWE will never upload "everything at once" on the Network. They will constantly cycle through the footage and what is available.

*** I don't think the last one is right at all.

That last one is bullshit, I want to watch what I want, when I want it. I pay good money, dammit

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
They haven't pulled anything from the Network yet and I doubt they will. If anything vanishes it's usually for minor edits.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Guys, I think it's time I introduce myself. I've been following these Threads since January I think and I can't wait any longer..... I have to participate.

These are the people I will extend my hand to:

Vince McMahon (the man himself)
strobogo (always good to have the person with the gifs on your side)
Aiii (he's dutch, I'm german.... what could go wrong)
FallingEdge (he's a buff dude, he'll be my muscle)

At anyone I have forgotten, don't kill me.

Anything else...... ah yes, FAVE FIVE:

1. Daniel Bryan
  2. Triple H
  3. Dean Ambrose
  4. Seth Rollins
  5. Batista (he'll always be in my Fave Five for his 2010 run alone)

I think I've covered it all... no gifs at the moment from me... don't really where to save them so I can be as witty as all of you
Fwiw, I'm a fellow One Piece fan, welcome.

Kornflayx

They haven't pulled anything from the Network yet and I doubt they will. If anything vanishes it's usually for minor edits.

I think they will never pull the major stuff, like PPVs, old Raws, Smackdowns, Nitros. But I can just see them in the meeting room and going "hmmm, let's pull that old UWF stuff until next year, that will have them re-subscribe"

@ Plywood: Very good!

iGWSEZPEnnTNX.gif

Sblargh

Banned

I don't think it means that, even if they somehow have everything ready to go, they will upload it little by little to create this kind of buzz when Clash of the Champions was uploaded. Which makes sense, imo, gotta create that feeling that what is already very good is getting even better.

Masakatsu Funaki vs Yoji Anjo - (UWF 1989.06.14)

Excellent match here, some proper hold-for-hold wrestling enhanced by a fierce rivalry between Anjo & Funaki. I'm not entirely sure of the background, but I think the heat comes from Funaki being a New Japan dojo graduate who jumped ship to the reborn UWF, while Anjo graduated in the first UWF class in '85.

Anjo tries to roll out of a cravate, then Funaki responds with just a super cool takeover. Someone needs to bring this back;

Funaki.gif

Funaki's mad;

Funaki1.gif

*edit, welcome new person :)

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
I don't think it means that, even if they somehow have everything ready to go, they will upload it little by little to create this kind of buzz when Clash of the Champions was uploaded. Which makes sense, imo, gotta create that feeling that what is already very good is getting even better.

This.

The only reason to ever drop something should be from storage space issues, and if it got that bad, I'd be willing to pay a bit more to alleviate it.

I'm not saying I backed the wrong horse here buuuuut Sunset Overdrive is seriously making me consider a second job.

i think it looks rather meh. like a cartoony inFamous. also Insomniac been rancid for a while.

edit: and they made the re-spawn animations a selling point. sounds desperate as fuck.

Masakatsu Funaki vs Yoji Anjo - (UWF 1989.06.14)

Excellent match here, some proper hold-for-hold wrestling enhanced by a fierce rivalry between Anjo & Funaki. I'm not entirely sure of the background, but I think the heat comes from Funaki being a New Japan dojo graduate who jumped ship to the reborn UWF, while Anjo graduated in the first UWF class in '85.

Anjo tries to roll out of a cravate, then Funaki responds with just a super cool takeover. Someone needs to bring this back;

Funaki.gif

Funaki's mad;

Funaki1.gif

*edit, welcome new person :)

Funaki is the GOAT.

Sblargh

Banned
Also, I don't know why they don't hype old school content on Raw as opposed to whatever they do.

"Now, on the Network, we have all of the Clash of the Champions!" *show footage of a classic match*

That has to score more nostalgia subscriptions than Legends House.

strobogo

Banned
Also, I don't know why they don't hype old school content on Raw as opposed to whatever they do.

"Now, on the Network, we have all of the Clash of the Champions!" *show footage of a classic match*

Well right now it is because the Raws they have up are garbage.

i think it looks rather meh. like a cartoony inFamous. also Insomniac been rancid for a while.

edit: and they made the re-spawn animations a selling point. sounds desperate as fuck.

Funaki is the GOAT.

You not liking it makes it extra good! :p and c'mon the respawn was trying to give the game personality! You're never fun. Always smirkin. God I hate that avatar.

Nah seriously this coming out and the fact that Mania tickets would be on sale around the same time....fuck I gotta start saving now.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion

Vince hates WCW. Triple H is the only reason why their footage is allowed to still exist.

Vince really does hate WCW though.

Carnby

Am I the only one who looks at Watch Dogs and says "I'm not falling for this one again". It's an open world Ubisoft game which means, many boring tasks and 100% scripted events. Mark my words, there is nothing dynamic about that world. And there won't be any real challenge when a bunch of guards jump out and patiently wait for you to attack first, like Assassin's Creed.

I'm not falling for it again.

Edit: I almost forgot. I made a personal rule to not get into a series that will become an annual franchise. Watch Dogs is one of them.

Sblargh

Banned
Am I the only one who looks at Watch Dogs and says "I'm not falling for this one again". It's a open world Ubisoft game which means, many boring tasks and 100% scripted events. Mark my words, there is nothing dynamic about that world. And there won't be a real challenge when a bunch of guards try to jump and patiently wait for you to attack first, like Assassin's Creed.

Watch Dogs has "wait for next year to be 75% off on steam" written all over it.

Edit: which, if I'm being honest, just means it is a PC game.

Vylash

Am I the only one who looks at Watch Dogs and says "I'm not falling for this one again". It's an open world Ubisoft game which means, many boring tasks and 100% scripted events. Mark my words, there is nothing dynamic about that world. And there won't be any real challenge when a bunch of guards jump out and patiently wait for you to attack first, like Assassin's Creed.

From everything I've heard about it, it's the exact opposite of what you just said

Gorillaz

Edit: I almost forgot. I made a personal rule to not get into a series that will become an annual franchise. Watch Dogs is one of them.

I like the way they are handling the MP. It's like Dark Souls in the way where you can invade someone else's game and fuck up their world.

redboxing that bitch regardless

keep a list of games you wanna buy and don't deviate from it. it's what i do.

Browny

Banned
I've been hyped since day one for Watch Dogs... my pre-order went in back in September I think. I'm really looking forward to it - one of the few games I'll ever buy Day One.

Unfortunately, I've just found out I'm due at the hospital for a scan on the evening I was going to start playing it, thus delaying my enjoyment. Balls.

And welcome new person, and welcome back old person.

Lol, Sheamus is mad;

https://twitter.com/WWESheamus

"For the record interwebbers. 3 BRITS don't hold @WWE titles. 2 Brits & 1 Irish fella OR 2 brunettes & 1 handsome ginger hold titles."

"...and ALL dirt sheet heroes who dream they "got the better" of me away from cameras. Step up. Be men. In the ring most days. Try me fella."

"...and lastly dirty sheeters. I'm not HHH's "work-out buddy". Trained with Hunter 3 times. In 2009. In Australia... Now. Back to me day off."

God, why the fuck does Wrestling With Text put their watermark on gifs they don't even edit? That's so gross.

Because how else will you know exactly who put in ten seconds of effort to gif a second of footage? It probably took more effort to paste the watermark on there.

strobogo

Banned
They never made that gif? I would love a watermark free version if you have one. Or are you just jealous of the competition Stro?

If I was worried about competition, I'd put a watermark on all of mine. I just don't understand why that dude puts his watermark on everything. It's like the pictures from WWE.com that that NWO watermark always gets put on. They aren't yours. Unless you did something to them, you shouldn't have your watermark on it. When they do crazy Street Fighter gifs or Axel pulling his nipples into confetti, put your watermark on it. When it is just a straight up grab from an interview, get that shit out of here. It's gross.

Lol, Sheamus is mad;

https://twitter.com/WWESheamus

"For the record interwebbers. 3 BRITS don't hold @WWE titles. 2 Brits & 1 Irish fella OR 2 brunettes & 1 handsome ginger hold titles."

"...and ALL dirt sheet heroes who dream they "got the better" of me away from cameras. Step up. Be men. In the ring most days. Try me fella."

"...and lastly dirty sheeters. I'm not HHH's "work-out buddy". Trained with Hunter 3 times. In 2009. In Australia... Now. Back to me day off."

Because how else will you know exactly who put in ten seconds of effort to gif a second of footage? It probably took more effort to paste the watermark on there.

All prepped for the heel turn that's gonna go nowhere due to lack of confidence/further sabotage of Daniel Bryan's career/too incompetent to do anything so the crowds tries to write the show/Sheamus handling the news like an eleven year old/ and...I got nothing else.

Poor Big E.

Don't worry, Rusev will find time for you.

If I was worried about competition, I'd put a watermark on all of mine. I just don't understand why that dude puts his watermark on everything. It's like the pictures from WWE.com that that NWO watermark always gets put on. They aren't yours. Unless you did something to them, you shouldn't have your watermark on it. When they do crazy Street Fighter gifs or Axel pulling his nipples into confetti, put your watermark on it. When it is just a straight up grab from an interview, get that shit out of here. It's gross.

Yup, that was the exact site I was thinking of. Those dudes are ridiculous, taking public photos and putting their gigantic ass logo on it.

Top Bottom