• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |BO-T| It's hard for a post to become a thread

KissVibes

Banned
Lol, Sheamus is mad;

https://twitter.com/WWESheamus

"For the record interwebbers. 3 BRITS don't hold @WWE titles. 2 Brits & 1 Irish fella OR 2 brunettes & 1 handsome ginger hold titles."

"...and ALL dirt sheet heroes who dream they "got the better" of me away from cameras. Step up. Be men. In the ring most days. Try me fella."

"...and lastly dirty sheeters. I'm not HHH's "work-out buddy". Trained with Hunter 3 times. In 2009. In Australia... Now. Back to me day off."

Jesus fucking Christ.

What is his problem?

NFL is doing theme music for each draftee. someone has to come out to stone colds theme

Johnny Football.

Sblargh

Banned
Here is an article by one of CM Punk's friends on how it sucks for him that he is famous. He is never mentioned by name but its about him. The article calls him recently retired.

The article is basically how he wants to be left alone.

http://www.redeyechicago.com/news/redeye-my-friend-is-famous-and-it-sucks-20140508,0,5530389.column

If he didn't want people photographing him at hockey matches and saying his girlfriend is being sabotaged because of him, then he shouldn't have tried to be a pro wrestler.

Gorillaz

I want to hear someone with Flair's theme tonight.
The one night the No Fun League has fun? WHO COULD PASS UP A FLAIR ENTRANCE

53e26ea6bc578fd54f50121c95be646e793dc71a_r.gif

strobogo

Banned
The NFL can S my D. They have a whole league of super athletes with a ton of charisma, punish them for having charisma, and then focus on the 10 white guys.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
When all your friends and family are talking about the events on Impact and you tell them you didn't watch because there was foosball match or whatever, you are going to feel like a real loser...and you should.

Showaddy

Promo from the dastardly Jimmy Havoc ahead of PROGRESS Chapter 13 next week;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uV-A2e5X_RE

The great thing about this angle is that, while undeniably a cunt, every grievance Havoc has with the promotion and the fans rings true. In his eyes, he's being a cunt out of necessities sake.

I do like that they're aware of the imports issue and are using it in an angle. I mean we got Rikishi & Vadar dancing last time out so they're not looking to change it anytime soon but at least they're aware of it.

Gorillaz

I"m probably only going to watch the first 10 mins of the draft. Not even into NFL as much as I use to. Shit has gotten boring for me over the years.

It's likely gonna be all Drake though.

I really don't want Johnny Football on the Texans. I hate A&M kids.
Drake songs will be everywhere,especially that "Draft Day" song which is shit besides the ending sample of a Big 12 coach going off on a kid telling them go play intramural brother

Thorakai

Shinjiro Otani & Tatsuhito Takaiwa (c) vs Jushin 'Thunder' Liger & El Samurai - IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Titles - (NJPW 1999/08/28)

Rare outdoor show for New Japan here as the new guard of the Jr. Heavyweight tag division, Otani & Takaiwa, defend their titles against the veteran duo of Jushin 'Thunder' Liger & El Samurai. Good back and forth match, everyone gets a chance to shine and, barring one slight botch by Otani, the finishing stretch is great. Featuring the spinniest spinning powerbomb ever.

Liger.gif

My first New Japan match, pretty fun. Great to see healthy dose of tag-team maneuvers and partners continually coming into the match. Pretty different tag-team dynamics than what I'm use to seeing in the E nowadays.

I feel like they play Legends House too much on the live channel. It's gonna suck if they get Total Divas on here too.

I do like that they're aware of the imports issue and are using it in an angle. I mean we got Rikishi & Vadar dancing last time out so they're not looking to change it anytime soon but at least they're aware of it.

That was PCW, Progress generally don't rely on too many imports, but the point still stands - they are promoting the show entirely off the back of Zack vs Devitt, when neither are full-time with Progress.

evil ways

Shinjiro Otani & Tatsuhito Takaiwa (c) vs Jushin 'Thunder' Liger & El Samurai - IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Titles - (NJPW 1999/08/28)

Rare outdoor show for New Japan here as the new guard of the Jr. Heavyweight tag division, Otani & Takaiwa, defend their titles against the veteran duo of Jushin 'Thunder' Liger & El Samurai. Good back and forth match, everyone gets a chance to shine and, barring one slight botch by Otani, the finishing stretch is great. Featuring the spinniest spinning powerbomb ever.

Liger.gif

I bought that tape for the Onita vs Muta deathmatch, but the undercard was tons better.

strobogo

Banned
It's dirty just like life, brother. Sometimes we deal with shit that is dirty like a boss at work. Others it's licking a possibly tainted pussy.

It's give and take

I disagree. I wouldn't have someone getting their face next to my balls after I was on a 3 hour bike ride. It's rude.

I need to learn how to drink as much as Fandango but stay in shape. In fact, I've started the Strobogo 30 Dry Days Challenge. It actually started yesterday.

Big One

Banned
Lmao @ Sheamus tweets. What a d-bag. And yeah if he was Hunter's buddy he would actually be in a main event program.

Sheamus is heavily pushed cause Vince has always had a hard-on for Irish babyfaces. Iirc it's kind of what he saw in Hogan initially but Hogan had his own all-American gimmick which took off.

Sblargh

Banned
His first tweet was all right. Acknowledge that people are talking about it, make a joke, move on.

And then you stop. Don't feel the need to correct everyone you think is wrong on the internet.

Edit: Is the network dead? Getting time out error here.

strobogo

Banned
His first tweet was all right. Acknowledge that people are talking about it, make a joke, move on.

And then you stop. Don't feel the need to correct everyone you think is wrong on the internet.

But how am I going to be able to read Aiii's posts then?

io0xcz3L3o6ht.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Road Wild 1997 is such a rough PPV. The other two are garbage...but entertainingly bad. This card is a mess with some matches that should be pretty good all falling flat.

Watched a 5 vs 5 elimination match from FMW, which was during a brief inter-promotional war they had with BattlARTS - 5 shootstyle wrestlers who kick really hard vs 5 deathmatch wrestlers with little regard for their own well being. FUN.

Ikeda.gif

Of course, Gannosuke had to tap out one of the BattlARTS guys and wouldn't lose clean to Ikeda. Would've been better if they could've got some deathmatch stuff in there, though, but I doubt the BattlARTS guys would've agreed to that.

I bought that tape for the Onita vs Muta deathmatch, but the undercard was tons better.

Yeah, that always seems to be the case with Onita's crazy deathmatches. The recent ones with Akebono have been particularly underwhelming.

Carnby

You want to be "the best in the world" but don't want to be famous. Fuck off Punk. We're all weeping for your misfortune.

lol at sending an idiot, who looks like a bird took a strawberry flavored shit on her head, to your defense.

Here is an article by one of CM Punk's friends on how it sucks for him that he is famous. He is never mentioned by name but its about him. The article calls him recently retired.

The article is basically how he wants to be left alone.

http://www.redeyechicago.com/news/redeye-my-friend-is-famous-and-it-sucks-20140508,0,5530389.column

Why is this written like Natalie Slater isn't trying to be a pseudo-celebrity herself? If fame's so bad why you trying to achieve it?

Showaddy

That was PCW, Progress generally don't rely on too many imports, but the point still stands - they are promoting the show entirely off the back of Zack vs Devitt, when neither are full-time with Progress.

Could have sworn that was as at Chapter 12, probably a sign I'm watching to much wrasslin when stuff starts blending in together.

Top Bottom