• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |BO-T| It's hard for a post to become a thread

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of "Reality" stuff how did Diva Search work? Was that completely contained on Raw/SD/PPVs? Or did it have its own programming or through .com?

19_EVAM_04222014jg_0144_v2.jpg

Oh my…

#AllErectionEverything

somedevil

The problem is that Paige was stripped of the title specifically because she wasn't just on NXT anymore, so Layla and Natalya even having a chance makes no sense

Its just they didn't have enough ready female talent I guess for the tournament. They debuted someone new and have one other that's ready but choose not to put her in the tournament. Her style is supposedly a lot of kicks like Bryan.

Natalya in it to make whoever wins it look good because the final is live and not taped.

Tought Enough Winners

Season 1 - Maven and Nidia
Season 2- Linda Miles and Jackie Gayda
Season 3- John Morrison and Matt Capatelli
Season 4- Daniel Puder
Season 5 - Andy Levine

Random Fact - TNA's Gunner was on season 2!

Diva Search Winners

2003- Jaime Koeppe
2004- Christy Hemme
2005- Ashley Massaro
2006- Layla
2007- Eve torres

Not a lot retun on investment imo.

Sblargh

Banned
I don't know what a tough enough is, but, like, don't they already have a network show dedicated to young talent who isn't ready for the main roster? Why would you take away someone who could possibly make NXT better to put on a reality show? Or worse, create a Total Divas scenario where the reality show is actually cool to watch for all the wrong reasons thus creating horrible wrasslers who get the spotlight for all the wrong reasons?

Any show involving "young talent trying to make it into the WWE" seems kind of redundant.

jmdajr

Tought Enough Winners

Season 1 - Maven and Nidia
Season 2- Linda Miles and Jackie Gayda
Season 3- John Morrison and Matt Capatelli
Season 4- Daniel Puder
Season 5 - Andy Levine

Random Fact - TNA's Gunner was on season 2!

Diva Search Winners

2003- Jaime Koeppe
2004- Christy Hemme
2005- Ashley Massaro
2006- Layla
2007- Eve torres

Not a lot retun on investment imo.

Christy Hemme collected though. $$$$$

Also Jaime Koeppe.
:eek:

Other than Maven and Morrison, I have no friggin clue who those Tough Enough winners are. That's not a good sign :lol

And who the heck is Jaime Koeppe?

Striker

Candice Michelle and Michelle McCool both came from the Diva Search too (2005).

I know Ryback (Ryan Reeves on the show) was on a Tough Enough at some point.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Candice Michelle and Michelle McCool both came from the Diva Search too (2005).

I know Ryback (Ryan Reeves on the show) was on a Tough Enough at some point.

Wonder why they never did a "Candice Michelle McCool" team.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I know :( late night and beers fucked me over. I'll ask to change it again at some point to something better if allowed.

Don't ask again or they'll pick one for you! Get a Buff Bagwell avatar and learn to love it.

Use part of this! My god it's ultimate douchery:
UGBEXSi.jpg

Ithil

Its just they didn't have enough ready female talent I guess for the tournament. They debuted someone new and have one other that's ready but choose not to put her in the tournament. Her style is supposedly a lot of kicks like Bryan.

Natalya in it to make whoever wins it look good because the final is live and not taped.

139887387861238kto.jpg

Kendall Skye, apparently used to be a kickboxer, so they should be some rough strikes. She used to do ring announcing on NXT before Brandi Rhodes took over.

I think Alexa Bliss, Rebecca Knox and Kendall Skye are the three that are ready for TV, but they want to debut them one by one when they have a spot opening up, since they have so little time on NXT, only one hour a week, and only so much of it can go to the women.
Alexa Bliss debuts in the tournament probably because they're not going to be pushing her much yet, just having some TV matches, until she's less green.

joelseph

http://abload.de/img/139887387861238kto.jpg[IMG]

Kendall Skye, apparently used to be a kickboxer, so they should be some rough strikes. She used to do ring announcing on NXT before Brandi Rhodes took over.

I think Alexa Bliss, Rebecca Knox and Kendall Skye are the three that are ready for TV, but they want to debut them one by one when they have a spot opening up, since they have so little time on NXT, only one hour a week, and only so much of it can go to the women.
Alexa Bliss debuts in the tournament probably because they're not going to be pushing her much yet, just having some TV matches, until she's less green.[/QUOTE]

I would be all for a separate diva division. Would give more content to WWEN. Win-win for all.

Ithil

I would be all for a separate diva division. Would give more content to WWEN. Win-win for all.

I remember Sara Del Rey in that WWE.com article saying she'd like to see a seperate NXT women's show on the Network. Now that's a bit of a pipe dream given the logistics of filming it, viewer interest early on etc, but given how many women they have down in NXT (like 15+), it could work.

Marvel

could never
I'm crawling through google right now looking for the most hideous pics of him to use. Got 4 so far, I'll roate through the weeks. Gigolo swag.

jmdajr

I remember Sara Del Rey in that WWE.com article saying she'd like to see a seperate NXT women's show on the Network. Now that's a bit of a pipe dream given the logistics of filming it, viewer interest early on etc, but given how many women they have down in NXT (like 15+), it could work.

30 minute show maybe?

Toki767

So I finally got around to watching Sacrifice.

Is it just me or are I Quit matches where people aren't using submissions and just beating the crap out of each other kind of stupid? Half the time you would think the things Gunner and Storm were doing would knock the other person out so it felt like it should've been a Last Man Standing match more than anything.

Did Roode actually even win that Tables match? If the ref was out the entire time, I don't even know why the bell was rung. Did the timekeeper just make a judgement call? And if so, he couldn't do it when someone was put through the table the first time?

At least the main event ended clean.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
btw if you're a Buff Bagwell fan (and who isn't) you really owe it to yourself to watch his acting in Day of the Warrior.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJiXnsdjJNk

I love that movie.
iZesZO4.jpg

Return to Savage Beach was also a fantastic movie, and features Buff Bagwell doing a heel face turn!
9bH3SlZ.jpg

Ithil

30 minute show maybe?

That's what I would be thinking, you could have a short match (for the greenest women), a bunch of promos/angles, and a longer match (for the main women). Weekly that would be fine and probably do a fuckload for the women of NXT (who are already doing pretty good).

Main problem is how to film it. They only get to film NXT once a month at Full Sail, filming four episodes of a women's show would still add two hours of filming.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I remember randomly watching Return to Savage Beach just because I saw Buff Bagwell.

Came for Buff, stayed for the augmented acting and bodies.

Elvis-Fu was also cool. Gerald Okamura is a fuckin' boss.
KbHqC2w.jpg

Like a better Mr. Miyagi.

Top Bottom