• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |BO-T| It's hard for a post to become a thread

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
He's got too much swagger for that shit

Corey-Graves-620x350.jpg

He's got about as much swagger as Guy Fieri

Aiii

So not worth it
What is it with you guys and picking shitty wrestlers to fake love?

And then they actually become good so people can legit like them and you just move on to the next shitty wrestler.

What, when they find a gimmick for Corey that actually works you're going to suddenly love Mojo Rawley?

Vylash

And then they actually become good so people can legit like them and you just move on to the next shitty wrestler.

What, when they find a gimmick for Corey that actually works you're going to suddenly love Mojo Rawley?

My love for Corey Graves is nothing but real

tumblr_mfq0shP2IX1qhwdqso1_500.gif

#STAYDOWN

bruh it's all real. it's just for stupid reasons like Instagram accounts, good looks, having a dumb gimmick, stupid/catchy/stupid catchy theme songs, etc. Except Curtis Axel, i can't actually explain that one but iunno there's just something about him

Aiii

So not worth it
Really, huh?

That's weird, he's so lacking of any form of charisma I find him completely unappealing.

Oh well, here's a two pictures of Alexa Bliss...
36c9bd311112738.jpg

Alexa_Bliss_4.png

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
^WWE resigned Ashley?

I wish there was some factual ratings and ticket sale numbers from the territories days.

I'm really curious who the real 'attractions' were. Who the guys were that people went out of there way to see instead of jsut saying 'oh let's see wrestling and see who's there.' The guys who were, 'oh shit, he's there? let's go buy tickets.'

I know there's Bruno, Andre, the Von Erich clan, Brody, Buddy Rogers, etc. I don't know, Duthy and Harley never seemed like that big of draws to me. It just seemed like people were going to watch it anyways, and they were fans of those guys.

He was El Generico once (unnamed) when he won a title shot in the Bo Dallas invitational. Basic idea was Bo Dallas had forbidden Zayn from entering so two jobbers tried but were squashed. Then Zayn showed up masked and won the title shot.

You'd think he wouldn't get the title shot after he revealed he was Sami Zayn right there but I guess that's just wrestling.

I wasn't watching NXT then but that sounds great.

^WWE resigned Ashley?

I wish there was some factual ratings and ticket sale numbers from the territories days.

I'm really curious who the real 'attractions' were. Who the guys were that people went out of there way to see instead of jsut saying 'oh let's see wrestling and see who's there.' The guys who were, 'oh shit, he's there? let's go buy tickets.'

I know there's Bruno, Andre, the Von Erich clan, Brody, Buddy Rogers, etc. I don't know, Duthy and Harley never seemed like that big of draws to me. It just seemed like people were going to watch it anyways, and they were fans of those guys.

Some guy on the F4W board posted ledger details from the St. Louis territory in the early 80's and, by comparing attendances and pay-offs, you can figure out the guys who were seen as a big deal at the time. For instance;

. Harley vs David Von Erich in a 2/3 falls match drew 11k, both Harley & David got 3.5k of the gate
. Harley vs Kevin Von Erich in a 2/3 falls match drew 8k, both Harley & David got 2.2k of the gate

Harley & Flair were easily the two biggest attractions and drew big every month they were on top of the cards, while guys like Rocky Johnson, Ken Patera and David Von Erich drew well every once in a while. However, even though Harley was the top guy, when they ran Harley vs Backlund, NWA vs WWF champion, they only managed to draw 7k somehow. I'm not sure if that's a knock against Backlund's drawing power outside of the WWF, or a case of bad promoting, but looking back you'd think that match would've been a HUGE deal.

Incidentally, Brody drew really badly in a main event against David Von Erich and wasn't used in the main event spot again, but was often used as an attraction elsewhere on the card. Like in this freaking AWESOME looking tag match from '81...I wish footage of this existed;

. King Kong Brody & Andre The Giant over Ric Flair & Dick Murdoch (Brody pined Murdoch)

People who profess this great love for the Menagerie (because Rob Terry and Knox are great wrestlers, not failed WWE acts) should have to use the Oddities as their avatars.

Aiii

So not worth it
Bryan & Vinny just did my Creationism lyrics I posted on the F4W boards on their podcast so people can turn it into a song.

Random dude said:
If the group is called "Creationism," I fucking quit.
Aiii said:
If this happens I will start watching.

Especially if their theme song has the lyrics "CREATIONISM IS A CLEAR AND DECISIVE EXPLANATION OF LIFE ON EARTH YOU SEE, THE EARTH IS 6000 YEARS OF HISTORY" and it is sung by Granny.

Unfortunately they did not have Granny sing it.

Also, RE: Chikara, you know what's a great way to deflate any enthusiasm for your comeback? By putting Icarus, who is just godawful and hasn't improved in the decade plus he's been wrestling, in your main event.

Alucard

Banned
I woke up this morning thinking I'd had a wonderful dream. Then I realized that The Menagerie actually happened. The Menagerie is actually real.

evil ways

So as far as gimmick posters in this thread we now have the Eva Marie lovers, the Corey Graves leaners and Alucard the TNA guy?

Carnby

Punk wants to be the face of the company but doesn't want to be famous. He gets the longest reign in modern history, and quits because he's not the champion.

This guy has legit mental problems.

Edit: Seriously, what was the point of that article? Did she write that so we would feel sorry for him? Why can't he make his own statement instead of having one of his "writer" friends?

Dragon Gate show was really fun, well worth $15 just for the 6-man tag and main event. Millenials vs Monster Express was just crazy, a typical insanely-paced Dragon Gate multi-man match highlighted by Ricochet & Flamita being AMAZING. Reeeeeeeeeeeeally need to see a singles match between the two. Then, T-Hawk vs Tozawa kicked all kinds of ass in the main event - T-Hawk is a goddamn star in the making, but was always going to be Korakuen's second favourite to the much loved Tozawa. The crowd came unglued for the finishing stretch. Really worth a watch, the whole show was good from start to finish. Recommended.

Will skim this theead latter and post, but here are my NXt thoughts.

I like the uniqueness to Charlotte's offense, like when Summer started incorporating dance into her matches, but I don't want jer with the belt. Disgusting tats. Emma outclasses her in every way.

I thought Aylvester LeFort would be pegged as a canidate for spring cleaning. Brah had done anything for months. Kalisto was pretty good, his mask will definitely move merchandise. Ricardo was decent as well. Definitely see Ascension losing the belts in yhree weeks and getting called up this summer. Though they should be released. Legionairres were alright.

Renee a permanent fixture on commentary? Hell yes. She is legit good at it. New guy sucks balls.

Wanna see more Rosebuds in action even though this brah only got two punches in. Multicolored hair girl is pretty cute. Camacho needs his bike back.

Star of the show was Alexa Bliss. Goddam. Adorable has arrived in The E. Hauntingly catchy music. She really is a little Rinker Bell. Pretty good offense. She has a cute nose. Lol.

BTtle royale is what we thought it was gonna be. Boring. Though it definitely reveals the pecking order of NxT. Mojo fucking sucks. Get him off screen. Can we blame him for the Network numbers yet? Big Cass needs to be in a program. I think that brah has a future. When is Enzo expected to return? Neville will have a good match with his title challenger but I'm not feeling the heat.

Top Bottom