• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |BO-T| It's hard for a post to become a thread

Alexa Bliss is perfect.

Perfect.

Just perfect.

Ms. Perfect.
See, this is what I mean. All these new NXT Divas each bring something different. Beautiful bit aren't the plain casting couchers that People Power sought. Gonna miss them when they are ruined by main roster. Though Kendall looks like a character from Edd, ed and Eddy. Her face so flat....

Marvel

could never
iuyWTYSXekkk0.gif

lolindyflippityfloptoughenough

strobogo

Banned
It's ok. Let them use it.

Price of fame. Unlike CM Punk, we just accept it and share in its success.

I wonder if someone with a 10+ year career has had only one song. Goldust has had two. Hulk Hogan has had three. Ric Flair has had two because of Evolution. Kurt Angle quit after six or seven years but had one song for those years. The Rock had two. Stone Cold had at least two.

I guess it depends on what you consider a new theme. Goldust has had had many variations on his song over the years. Austin's version went through a lot of changes over the years. Flair had 3, because he had the knock off in his first WWF run. Kurt also had a remixed theme before he left. Rock had like 700 versions of his theme.

Do you not count different companies?

Rapstah

I guess it depends on what you consider a new theme. Goldust has had had many variations on his song over the years. Austin's version went through a lot of changes over the years. Flair had 3, because he had the knock off in his first WWF run. Kurt also had a remixed theme before he left. Rock had like 700 versions of his theme.

Variations don't count because I had to come up with some way to describe that Kevin Nash had only had two themes.

Edit: Goldust's two are his early 90s Dustin Rhodes theme and his Goldust theme, by the way, not some weird way of counting his eighty thousand Goldust theme variations as only really two.

They had a sale for 20 a pair. Made the mistake in only buying one. I might get one in black or really dark blue. Only own the gray ones.
gray is p. inspired. when i have normal faded-ass black jeans it's almost the same. Black is essential though, dark blue is close to it. I gotta hop on these sales more
Pink jeggings time?
Pink jeggings time
bold choice. i mean bold.

but yes. It's time

strobogo

Banned
Variations don't count because I had to come up with some way to describe that Kevin Nash had only had two themes.

And you don't count other companies? Diesel's first "entrance song" was just an engine and a horn over and over. Do you count that as its own thing?

Rapstah

Vince McMahon has only had one theme by my rules, so I'm pretty sure he wins. Big Show probably entered to No Chance once or twice though, I'm pretty sure.

Peter Aerts is our overlord and master and we must all bow down to his greatness.

Are there any famous Dutch pro-wrestlers? The only one of any note I can think of is Tommy End;

EGxNCeo.jpg

Plus, his tag partner in the Sumerian Death Squad, Michael Dante. Oh, Emil Sitolci, also.

Bas Rutten, I guess. He had that one match in New Japan (where he KO'd Nakanishi).

Aiii

So not worth it
Are there any famous Dutch pro-wrestlers? The only one of any note I can think of is Tommy End;

http://i.imgur.com/EGxNCeo.jpg[/IG]

Plus, his tag partner in the Sumerian Death Squad, Michael Dante. Oh, Emil Sitolci, also.

Bas Rutten, I guess. He had that one match in New Japan (where he KO'd Nakanishi).[/QUOTE]

Nah, pro wrestling is pretty much a non-entity here, I guess only a few thousand people actually follow it in the entire country of 17 million.

There are some Dutch feds though like PWS: [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vy94K8XU860[/url]

Who knows, maybe one of them will end up in NXT someday.

jred2k

Has Christopher Daniels started doing any indie dates? I took a quick look at his Twitter and it seems like he's waiting for Kaz to be released so they can tour as Bad Influence.

Aiii

So not worth it
Has Christopher Daniels started doing any indie dates? I took a quick look at his Twitter and it seems like he's waiting for Kaz to be released so they can tour as Bad Influence.

Yep, he confirmed on F4W Radio that Kazarian's contract is up within a month and they'll be taking bookings together.

strobogo

Banned
Yeah, sure, if it didn't have the Diesel riff afterwards. I guess that makes his count three.

If you actually listen to the Diesel theme and Nash's 2003 theme, the aren't the same. They are very, very similar, but they have slightly different progressions. Enough to make me consider them different. They're both generic blues, but the progressions and beats are different, however slightly.

Rapstah

If you actually listen to the Diesel theme and Nash's 2003 theme, the aren't the same. They are very, very similar, but they have slightly different progressions. Enough to make me consider them different. They're both generic blues, but the progressions and beats are different, however slightly.

It's a great fucking re-recording but it's also clearly supposed to be Diesel's theme but in 2003.

I would also consider Batista's first Beast theme to not count because his current theme is a re-imagining of that song. And all of Triple H's themes from 2000 until whenever he first entered to that Bow Down to the King song count as one.

strobogo

Banned
It's a great fucking re-recording but it's also clearly supposed to be Diesel's theme but in 2003.

I would also consider Batista's first Beast theme to not count because his current theme is a re-imagining of that song. And all of Triple H's themes from 2000 until whenever he first entered to that Bow Down to the King song count as one.

It has one different chord in the riff. And is in a different time. That's enough for me to consider them different. Much like I definitely consider Rock's theme of 1998 to be different from his theme in 2001.

In my mind, Rock has at least 4 themes:

1. Rocky Maiavia
2. NOD theme
3. Rock 1998-1999 theme
4. 2000-on theme, with Hollywood Rock maybe counting as its own version

Oh man, someone uploaded a bunch of Fujiwara-gumi shows!! PWFG is hard as hell to find, I haven't got any in my shootstyle collection so I'm really looking forward to watching this. Some real cool looking matches here, including a couple of Minoru Suzuki vs Ken Shamrock encounters.

strobogo

Banned
Brock Lesnar wins my "only one song" contest to me, does he win it to you too?

He had a temp theme before Here Comes The Pain. You can hear it at Backlash 2002. After he changed, I don't think there were any revisions except to add the sound effect at the beginning.

Penguin

I wonder if someone with a 10+ year career has had only one song. Goldust has had two. Hulk Hogan has had three. Ric Flair has had two because of Evolution. Kurt Angle quit after six or seven years but had one song for those years. The Rock had two. Stone Cold had at least two.

Piper?
Bret? (I believe he even took the Hart Foundation music when he went solo)

Rapstah

He had another theme before the one he uses today, actually.

You're right. It's one of those Jim Johnston "I can only write songs with variations of the Stone Cold/Razor Ramon/Big Boss Man riff" songs.

Piper?
Bret? (I believe he even took the Hart Foundation music when he went solo)
Seems like yes to both! Bret has the Hart Foundation theme, obiously with a lot of re-recordings.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man, someone uploaded a bunch of Fujiwara-gumi shows!! PWFG is hard as hell to find, I haven't got any in my shootstyle collection so I'm really looking forward to watching this. Some real cool looking matches here, including a couple of Minoru Suzuki vs Ken Shamrock encounters.

Share the love, Tri-Lamb is interested no doubt.

somedevil

Well yesterday was Kurt Angle's last match on TNA and what a way to go:

A source close to Kurt Angle has informed PWInsider.com that the TNA Hall of Famer will be out of the ring for 4-6 months following his ACL surgery.

His contract is up in the fall so that was his last match with TNA. So do you think the WWE will even contact him or will he go to the Jeff Jarrett promotion?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Well yesterday was Kurt Angle's last match on TNA and what a way to go:

His contract is up in the fall so that was his last match with TNA. So do you think the WWE will even contact him or will he go to the Jeff Jarrett promotion?

They could probably offer him a legends deal for as much as he's making in TNA with the stipulation that he needs to take an entire year off of wrestling and just do promotional stuff, leading up to a big retirement run in 2016.

Top Bottom