• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |BO-T| It's hard for a post to become a thread

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
iR2aOkReOEYqA.gif

So there you go. Now I have my answer.

More than 10 seconds. Dude needs to step his game up.
ilOxkwN8OoB8q.gif

Rapstah

Has Teddy Long come out to anything other than Macmilitant?
He definitely gets two points as he as used the same theme for his entire career and has been on-screen in WWF/WWE more than ten years. He may get three if someone can pin the dates for his first and last matches down and confirm that they were ten years or more apart.

What about Bob Backlund? Jim Ross has only come out to "Boomer Sooner," by The Pride of Oklahoma '98, I think.

Jesus, even Jonathan Coachman had 2 themes.

Also, S.D. Jones?

The answer, as always, is probably Funaki: "Kung Fu San," performed by Dice Raw and composed by Jim Johnston.

strobogo

Banned
What about Bob Backlund? Jim Ross has only come out to "Boomer Sooner," by The Pride of Oklahoma '98, I think.

Jesus, even Jonathan Coachman had 2 themes.

Also, S.D. Jones?

The answer, as always, is probably Funaki: "Kung Fu San," performed by Dice Raw and composed by Jim Johnston.

Kaentai theme for years, then his music as KungFunaki.

No theme does not count as a theme, and 0 themes is not only one theme for an entire career, sorry.

Looks like Jones came out to Koko B. Ware's "Piledriver" theme at one point, but that's probably a one-off, and who knows what other themes they may have stuck him with at other points.

Rapstah

Looks like Jones came out to Koko B. Ware's "Piledriver" theme at one point.

Interesting. Did he also enter to that at the 2006 Hall of Fame, or does that theme technically give him two?

Updated true rules for the WWF/WWE One Entrance Theme Contest©

1. Must have had at least 10 years between first appearance in WWF/WWE and last appearance. In-ring appearance grants an extra point compared to non-in-ring (clarification: only a non-tag match counts as an in-ring appearance, not refereeing).
  2. Must have had only one entrance theme, across all gimmicks, between first and last appearance. Remixed versions still count, but because of disagreements about what a remix is, wrestlers without any remixes give an extra point.
  3. Tag teams don't count, but singles matches while in a tag team or stable do count.
  4. Only WWF or WWE themes count.
  5. Dubbed themes because of licensing issues today don't count if the wrestler actually entered to a theme at the time of recording.
  6. No theme is not a theme, even when it is used intentionally, as in the case of Vladimir Kozlov.
  7. Even non-music is a theme, as in the case of the Right to Censor siren or Diesel's horns. Different horns for Diesel would be considered a remix, as would different sirens for Right to Censor.
  8. Changes for length or structure, like cutting the intro out of a song, counts as a remix.
One point is granted by hitting all eight points in the list. An extra point is granted for the special cases of (1) and (2).

Examples:

Chris Jericho gets 0 points because he has entered to two or more distinctly different themes.

Kane gets 0 points because he had different themes in different gimmicks.

Sheamus gets 0 points, because while his theme is arguably the same theme with remixes, his WWE career has not yet lasted 10 years.

Vincent McMahon gets 3 points because he has used the same theme, without any remixes, for over 10 years between in-ring appearances.

somedevil

This is from Alvarez:

For the record, when Sheamus kicked Ambrose during the battle royal last Monday, that was supposed to be his heel turn. It appears fans haven't figured that out yet. We'll see what they do with him on Monday.

Plus with this story:

There continues to be talk about putting WWE United States Champion Sheamus into the Evolution group at some point. It's possible that whenever Batista does leave to do movie promotional work, the Evolution group will remain.

So is this really going to happen because Bryan needs a opponent after he buries Kane at Payback.

Rapstah

JBL is the only one I can think of.

Dibiase & Perfect both come very close to ten years.

Mr. Perfect probably counts because of his Royal Rumble 2002 appearance, even if he didn't have a theme at first.

JBL had very different music as Bradshaw and previous gimmicks.

Edit: Uhh about the Sheamus heel turn thing. People boo him at Smackdown but they edit in enormous cheers for his entrance. Louder than Ambrose, who would be the supposed face.

Mr. Perfect probably counts because of his Royal Rumble 2002 appearance, even if he didn't have a theme at first.

JBL had very different music as Bradshaw and previous gimmicks.

Edit: Uhh about the Sheamus heel turn thing. People boo him at Smackdown but they edit in enormous cheers for his entrance. Louder than Ambrose, who would be the supposed face.

There's a 2nd theme listed for Mr. Perfect from 1989 in WWF. LOL Wikipedia, but that's the best resource I have for now.

I really can't see Sheamus in Evolution. Not a great fit.

Someone needs to replace Batista when he leaves, and it might as well be racist-ass Sheamus.

Rapstah

Carlos Colón is an interesting case. He had one match in the WWWF in 1967 or 1968 and entered the 1993 Royal Rumble, meaning he had a more-than-ten-year WWWF/WWF/WWE career. Neither of those entrances would have been to music. He then had an entrance with music at the 2014 Hall of Fame, which counts as a WWE appearance. Therefore he probably hits three points.
Actually in that case dibiase probably counts too, since he won a battle royale on smackdown(the one where irs jumps out of the ring).

--edit

found it, was raw : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CxksOJosgE
Yep, sure looks like it! Unless he had a one-off sometime with a different theme or a remix but who the hell knows.

Has Linda McMahon entered to anything but the old WrestleMania theme song?

Shane became an in-ring character by 1998, and his latest appearance was around 2009. Probably not enough time though. And he entered to "No Chance in Hell" when he was a part of the Corporation anyway.

Or the Bushwackers?

Sblargh

Banned
Sheamus is going to be the breakout star of that group.

I still don't get the point of Evolution sticking around, whoa re they gonna feud with?

Bryan and the shield appears to be a non-official stable; perhaps they will actually join for realsies after Payback.

Do separate runs as a different character count? Al Snow had a run as "Al Snow" for 10 years, and used the same "What Does Everybody Want?" theme, but he also had that early 90's run as Leif Cassidy.

Rapstah

Has Linda McMahon entered to anything but the old WrestleMania theme song?

Shane became an in-ring character by 1998, and his latest appearance was around 2009. Probably not enough time though. And he entered to "No Chance in Hell" when he was a part of the Corporation anyway.

Linda entered to some generic "US politician" music at the HoF this year.
Do separate runs as a different character count? Al Snow had a run as "Al Snow" for 10 years, and used the same "What Does Everybody Want?" theme, but he also had that early 90's run as Leif Cassidy.
Yes, but if he didn't have music in the early 90s it works. Gimmicks aren't accounted for, but no music doesn't count as music. No entrance counts as no music.

strobogo

Banned
Vicki has had the same theme, right? Does Tazz qualify?

Interesting. Did he also enter to that at the 2006 Hall of Fame, or does that theme technically give him two?

Updated true rules for the WWF/WWE One Entrance Theme Contest©

1. Must have had at least 10 years between first appearance in WWF/WWE and last appearance. In-ring appearance grants an extra point compared to non-in-ring (clarification: only a non-tag match counts as an in-ring appearance, not refereeing).
  2. Must have had only one entrance theme, across all gimmicks, between first and last appearance. Remixed versions still count, but because of disagreements about what a remix is, wrestlers without any remixes give an extra point.
  3. Tag teams don't count, but singles matches while in a tag team or stable do count.
  4. Only WWF or WWE themes count.
  5. Dubbed themes because of licensing issues today don't count if the wrestler actually entered to a theme at the time of recording.
  6. No theme is not a theme, even when it is used intentionally, as in the case of Vladimir Kozlov.
  7. Even none-music is a theme, as in the case of the Right to Censor siren or Diesel's horns. Different horns for Diesel would be considered a remix, as would different sirens for Right to Censor.
  8. Changes for length or structure, like cutting the intro out of a song, counts as a remix.
One point is granted by hitting all eight points in the list. An extra point is granted for the special cases of (1) and (2).

Examples:

Chris Jericho gets 0 points because he has entered to two or more distinctly different themes.

Kane gets 0 points because he had different themes in different gimmicks.

Sheamus gets 0 points, because while his theme is arguably the same theme with remixes, his WWE career has not yet lasted 10 years.

Vincent McMahon gets 3 points because he has used the same theme, without any remixes, for over 10 years between in-ring appearances.

There WAS a remix of Vince's theme, done by Theory of a Deadman. It was released on a CD, but I'm not sure if Vince actually came out to it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
There WAS a remix of Vince's theme, done by Theory of a Deadman. It was released on a CD, but I'm not sure if Vince actually came out to it.

Looks like it's time to watch every Vince entrance ever.

kiguel182

So, I tried to solve my WWE Network problem by adding funds to Paypal and pay using those instead of linking to my credit card.

WWE Network still refused it but they took the funds out of my account. So I just lost close to 8 euros and I still have the same problem.

fucking bullshit.

Top Bottom