• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |BO-T| It's hard for a post to become a thread

Sblargh

Banned
I fear that when they put Sheamus in a suit and have him talking in the serious Triple H voice, it will go straight into joke character status.

strobogo

Banned
So far, I think Marty Jannetty might be the only guy to fit all criteria of the list. Debuted in 1988. Last appearance was in 2009. Kept the same song (The Rockers theme) for every appearance, even in new tag teams. No remixes, no changes of any kind.

HT UK

I fear that when they put Sheamus in a suit and have him talking in the serious Triple H voice, it will go straight into joke character status.

tumblr_inline_myhpwxPLXK1roo68r.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
TNA continues to ruin one of the most legendary wrasslin' gifs:
Last night's episode of TNA Impact Wrestling drew a 0.86 cable rating with 1.06 million viewers. This is down from last week's 1.131 million viewers and 0.93 rating.

strobogo

Banned
You want to hear something crazy?

Vince's grandfather, Jess McMahon, was part owner of a black baseball team, which had the top 5 black players due to stealing them away from other teams.

strobogo

Banned

It's crazy to me that with all the racist shit Vince has done, that his grandpa owned and promoted a black baseball team in the early 1900s AND that he did the same thing that Vince ended up doing in wrestling (stealing the top talent from other areas).

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's crazy to me that with all the racist shit Vince has done, that his grandpa owned and promoted a black baseball team in the early 1900s AND that he did the same thing that Vince ended up doing in wrestling (stealing the top talent from other areas).

Vince also isn't a racist himself, he only cares about a few things like making money, muscle mass, loyalty. He does have a horrible sense of humor and made a ton of money running racist as fuck angles though.

Stealing the best people you can however you can is the key to success in just about any business.

Sblargh

Banned
What stealing talent mean? Giving them more money to do the job at your company instead of letting them stay in the competition?

How nefarious.

Sblargh

Banned
You know, watching the NXT championship and thinking back on the good matches we had at the #1 contender championship, I realized I like the format a lot because it gives the heel the incentive to either win clean or cheat behind the ref's back, which is hardly ever done anymore.

I really don't like this thing where a heel just gets DQ'd on purpose, keeping stomping the face, does a victory pose and leaves to his music. I think I already said that, but really, in every non-title match, there is no reason to not do it. And creative seems to know it and uses as a lazy way to get heat at the expense of the whole competitive aspect of the thing being thrown out of the window.

Top Bottom