• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |BO-T| It's hard for a post to become a thread

As bad as Cena is, he'll never go away if Parents are purchasing his merchandise for their children. It's the reason why they book him the way he is. I'm pretty sure he'd love to change it up, but he's a company man. He'll listen to the higher ups who know what's best for business.

strobogo

Banned
Man, the Usos have been in a lot of SD main events, a few Raw main events, and tagged with main event/upper mid card guys, but they still feel like a non-entity. They don't feel any more over than they were 3 years ago. It's so strange.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
As bad as Cena is, he'll never go away if Parents are purchasing his merchandise for their children. It's the reason why they book him the way he is. I'm pretty sure he'd love to change it up, but he's a company man. He'll listen to the higher ups who know what's best for business.

Love him or love him, you gotta respect him

Man, the Usos have been in a lot of SD main events, a few Raw main events, and tagged with main event/upper mid card guys, but they still feel like a non-entity. They don't feel any more over than they were 3 years ago. It's so strange.
I dunno man, I think they're preeeeeetty over now. They don't have personalities outside "cool samoan twins" but crowds are always hot for their matches

tumblr_n58demCUQN1qe3dquo1_400.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Was that the first time someone turned a "legit" on tv retirement into a swerve. Somebody else tried that I think.

Scott Steiner in WCW/nWo days did, it was beautiful. Even cried.

strobogo

Banned
I dunno man, I think they're preeeeeetty over now. They don't have personalities outside "cool samoan twins" but crowds are always hot for their matches

It just doesn't feel like they are to me. They get pops for their entrance and hot tag sequence, but they still feel like lower card guys who wouldn't even get on PPVs to me. I just feel a disconnect between them and their spot on the card. Why do they still feel like rookie openers to me? Maybe it is because they don't really get promo time or angles. I've liked the Usos since they debuted. I just don't feel like they're REALLY guys that Bryan and Cena team up with to take on top heels. Kind of like how out of place it would have been for Hogan to team up with the Rockers.

Tag teams don't have stories. That's it.

It just doesn't feel like they are to me. They get pops for their entrance and hot tag sequence, but they still feel like lower card guys who wouldn't even get on PPVs to me. I just feel a disconnect between them and their spot on the card. Why do they still feel like rookie openers to me? Maybe it is because they don't really get promo time or angles. I've liked the Usos since they debuted. I just don't feel like they're REALLY guys that Bryan and Cena team up with to take on top heels. Kind of like how out of place it would have been for Hogan to team up with the Rockers.
Yeah, both Cena and Bryan have teamed with them over the past month and I feel the same way. They're the tag champions. Whoopie. I don't see them above a Ziggler, a Wade Barrett, anyone like that but they're teaming with top of the carders.

Sblargh

Banned
Cena vs 3 Wyatts is 3—0 but Cena and other two people vs Wyatts is 0—2. It's not that Cena can't lose, you just have to lure him into a team so you can defeat a team mate.

June 12 Impact

Eric Young came to the ring ready to wrestle. He challenged MVP again and said that maybe this time he can face him in an even match if he isn't paying too much attention to Dixie. MVP comes out and says he doesn't take orders from Eric or Dixie. Young says that he knows any match that MVP has is going to involve King and Lashley. MVP says King and Lashley are wildcards and that he can't guarantee that they would not interfere in any match. MVP gives Eric Young the opportunity to have something special. He lets Young pick the stipulation for their match at slammiversary but only if he Young can win his best out of 3 challenge against each of them tonight. MVP announces Eric Young vs Bobby Lashley starts right now.

Bobby Lashley defeated Eric Young . After the match Lashley began beating on Young some more until Samoa Joe made the save. The two brawled until Lashley ran off.

Magnus and Bram came to the ring. Bram says he is proud to bring back the old Magnus and not some suit wearing joke that the fans have seen for the last six months. Bram says that the two of them as a team are unstoppable. Willow comes to the ring and speaks on about Magnus having an alter ego. He says that he will bring someone with him to Slammiversary to take out Bram and Magnus. Willow introduces his tag partner, Abyss.

Knux defeated Robbie E. After the match Robbie E ran away because he says he has a fear of clowns.

Eric Young defeated Kenny King.

Ethan Carter II and Rockstar Spud come to the ring where there are 3 chairs set up. ECIII introduces brooke Tessmacher to the ring. Ethan asks Brooke if the relationship between Bully and herself was legit. Brooke says no. Then the segment turns into an interrogation of sorts with ECIII and Spud claiming that Tessmacher was pregnant. Spud gets in Brooke's face and says there is no need to lie about this. Spud says its time to come clean and admit that Bully is the father. Brooke gets in Spud's face and Ethan Carter threatens Brooke. Bully Ray hits the ring and Ethan and Spud run out. Ethan eventually challenges Bully Ray to a tables match at Slammiversary. Bully Ray ups the stakes and demands a Texas Death Match at Slammiversary. Ethan accepts the challenge.

Gail Kim defeated Brittany and Madison Rayne for the right to face Angelina Love at Slammiversary.

Eric Young defeated MVP by disqualification after Kenny King and Bobby Lashley interfered. Eric Young gets to pick his stipulation for Slammiversary.

Barely able to stand, Eric Young reveals his stipulation. He wants MVP in a steel cage at Slammiversary.

Another taping, another turn (literally one for the last 5 Impact tapings), but at least it's not a heel turn. Sigh.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Yeah, both Cena and Bryan have teamed with them over the past month and I feel the same way. They're the tag champions. Whoopie. I don't see them above a Ziggler, a Wade Barrett, anyone like that but they're teaming with top of the carders.
It's those ass penny belts, they're horrendous.

Heel

It's time for you all to accept that Total Divas is canon, friends. The Usos are among the most well-developed characters on WWE television.

But at least them having a tag against the Wyatts makes sense because I'm pretty sure that's going to be a tag title feud soon. And by that I mean they'll beat the Usos over and over and over to earn a shot against them. Then they'll either win the titles or not, and then trade wins over and over and over until the crowd stops caring and they throw two midcarders together.

v

Don't forget Cody and Goldust(until they seperate anyway) and don't forget the Kofi clock either!
Maybe Neville will be called up by then and they can team! Or maybe they'll remember that Evan Bourne is still employed and that they were once teammates who held the belts
lol
Yeah, I got you. promo time or a big feud (hell, or normal, regular-ass feuds) could get them there, but that's tag division probs i guess

Thorakai

But at least them having a tag against the Wyatts makes sense because I'm pretty sure that's going to be a tag title feud soon. And by that I mean they'll beat the Usos over and over and over to earn a shot against them. Then they'll either win the titles or not, and then trade wins over and over and over until the crowd stops caring and they throw two midcarders together.

I for one am looking forward to the Fandango x Adam Rose team-up. I can hear the crowd chanting out of sync to their entrance music right now.

i like how Brodus Clay is so bad at wrestling, they didn't even feed him to Cena on a random PPV or Raw like most monster heels tend to, they just fed him to Miz on a random Smackdown in a 3 minute match

Mengetsu

Ringside Collectibles has released a brand new exclusive CM Punk action figure. The collectible features a younger long-haired Punk during his time in ECW, and comes with his classic skeleton shirt, an ECW microphone, and the ECW World Championship, marking the first time Mattel has ever released the title. You can purchase the new CM Punk figure at Ringside Collectibles.

Unless the former WWE Champion returns to the company in the future, or WWE decides to release some sort of throw-back figure, this very well could be one of, if not the final CM Punk action figure in production for quite some time.

Gotta milk that merch before his contract expires eh?

I was at Target today and though hell since Im back into watching wrasslin maybe I can get a figure or two of some of my favorite guys

Both Punk figures they had looked like some random guys head on close approximation of Punks body,

it was really weird, you would think with all the full body scanning they can do now you would have things that actually look like the guys.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Anyone notice like every Nintendo/retro 'collector' or whatever has a fucking picture of them with the power glove on? How original is the internet?

Juicy Bob

Whenever I play around with create-a-wrestler on a wrestling game, I can never make a CAW's face look remotely like the person who I'm trying to make them look like. Even if I have a photo in front of me as a reference, I can just never make it look right.

KissVibes

Banned
Source: The Wrestling Observer

John Cena reportedly wants to work with Big E. at some point down the line. It's possible that they'll do something after SummerSlam. We reported several months ago that Cena and Big E. are very good friends and Cena was the one that lobbied WWE management to give him a push.

RIP Big E's career

NEVER
EVER
BECOME FRIENDS WITH JOHN CENA

How many friends has he sent to the dumpster? ALL OF THEM.

Best moment in the past ten years.

THIS SHIT WAS MASTERCLASS.

ECW Punk figure looks so happy, back in the days where he was full of joy for sports entertainment, if he got a modern figure from before he walked out it'd be the most moody faced an baggy eyed grouch for authenticity and contrast.

-Nocturnowl(or is that just me?)

Love me or hate me, you gotta respect me.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Thing that I think is most surprising watchign the Vader timeline. He doesn't come off as a mark at all. Which is totally what I was expecting. He comes off as respectful, but he's never like 'oh my god the business.' He was just 'I'm a wrestler. I'm going to be good at it because it pays well. Not because I want to be a 'legend.' It does seem like a loss that they were never able to get Vader & Stunnin' Steve as a tag team. They worked together really well.

It is funny how many people he considers a good friend of his.

Rapstah

Source: The Wrestling Observer

John Cena reportedly wants to work with Big E. at some point down the line. It's possible that they'll do something after SummerSlam. We reported several months ago that Cena and Big E. are very good friends and Cena was the one that lobbied WWE management to give him a push.

RIP Big E's career

Maybe I'm missing something here... but when the hell did Big E Langston get a push?

Apparently KAZMA Sakamoto was backstage at NXT last night.

Rapstah said:
Maybe I'm missing something here... but when the hell did Big E Langston get a push?

That's what these past five months have been. He turned face, teamed with Punk for a bit, got a count-out and a DQ win over the US champion and won the IC title.

Rapstah

Figure Four newsletter:
David Benoit's pro wrestling debut ended up being cancelled. There's more in the new Observer, but the gist is that he was never actually trained by anyone and Smith Hart still tried to get him to work on the show, anyway. Once Chris Jericho and Harry Smith (David's closest friends in wrestling) intervened, it was a matter of time before Chavo Guerrero pulled out and the whole thing stopped.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Vader talking about Mr wonderful hugging him after their fight.

If it was Sheamus, he'd run to his computer and stream Linkin Park while complaining about the sheetz online on his twitter feller

Top Bottom