• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |BO-T| It's hard for a post to become a thread

Alucard

Banned
New Japan please

tumblr_n5ceuuM4Fi1r530iyo1_1280.jpg

OMG I hope that red shirt is on sale tonight!

ghostmind

Yeah, it should be a real good show, but they're promoting two events with New Japan and next week's show from the Hammerstein Ballroom in NYC looks to be the better of the two. If you aren't interesting in getting both, I'd probably go with the NYC card. Here's the details;

ROH/NJPW, "GLOBAL WARS", 2014.05.10
Ted Reeve Arena, Toronto
| 08:30 Japan | 01:30 EU | 00:30 UK | 19:30 East Coast | 16:30 West Coast |

ROH/NJPW, "WAR OF THE WORLDS", 2014.05.17
Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
| 08:30 Japan | 01:30 EU | 00:30 UK | 19:30 East Coast | 16:30 West Coast |

I'm in for both of these - for once I get to see an NJPW event "live" when it isn't 3am.

Also it is good (for my wallet) that I am not attending either event in person.

DMczaf

Why does Fake Ass Daniel Bryan have a better storyline than Real Ass Daniel Bryan?

What the fuck is going on during the last week? I can't wait for finals to be over so I can clean this mess up.

Rapstah

You know why I'm okay with Cena/Big E for three months? I don't think there's anything left of Big E to "squander" or "ruin". Kids would get their Cena and there just wouldn't be anyone to disappoint rooting for the other guy. That's great.

DMczaf

Big E just doesn't have it in him to turn into a bad ass motherfucker like Mark Henry was able to do late in his career. Mark Henry was legit scary during that run, and had some of the best promos in the business during that period.

Big E always seems like he's faking it when he acts tough, even though he could probably break me in half over his knee. Based on his Instagram, he should just focus on being a comedy mid-tier to extend his career.

I don't want another heartbreak
I don't want another turn to cry, no
I don't want to learn the hard way
Baby hello, oh no, goodbye
But you got me like a rocket
Shooting straight across the sky

It's the way you love me
It's a feeling like this
It's centrifugal motion
It's perpertual bliss
It's that pivotal moment
It's impossible
This bliss, this bliss
Unatoppable
This bliss, this bliss

Alex Shelley's probably one of the more underrated technical wrestlers on the indies, it's just that he's long since realised he can make more with the spotty, convoluted shit than actual matwork.

Seriously, go back and watch Shelley vs Danielson from like, '04 iirc. They had one match in ROH, another in the TPI that year and Shelley challenged for Danielson's title in '06 - all three were great.

strobogo

Banned
Alex Shelley's probably one of the more underrated technical wrestlers on the indies, it's just that he's long since realised he can make more with the spotty, convoluted shit than actual matwork.

Seriously, go back and watch Shelley vs Danielson from like, '04 iirc. They had one match in ROH, another in the TPI that year and Shelley challenged for Danielson's title in '06 - all three were great.

His idea of technical wrestling is aping stuff he saw on World of Sport tapes and speeding through it as fast as he can.

Better than aping stuff he saw on World of Sport tapes and doing it at half-speed, a'la Colt or Quack.

Shelley vs Nigel in a Euro rules match for IWA-MS was awesome.

I don't think that even AR Fox would try something as recklessly dumb.

Oh well, moving on...KONGO SMASH;

kongo.gif

Goddamn he's fat. The next Kamala, hire him Vince!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Brah, Shelley has some of the most convoluted and indie bullshit in wrestling. Just with less spins.

Shelley is responsible for bringing terrible chain wrestling to the indies.

But he still has the Kevin Nash storyline. Which means he has one thing better than Ernest Miller. Who is garbage in all ways.

Why would Shelley downgrade himself from Kushida to Sabin?

Eh, Good point, but it's mostly because I was a huge mark for the MCMG and have been secretly dreaming of an MCMG vs. Golden Lovers match for years :( I would accept the Time Splitters vs. Golden Lovers, however, and now that Omega is working with NJPW again that dream is almost reality!

Rapstah

When is the Big Show documentary from that they're airing on the Network "tonight" US time? Another one of those 2007-2008 outdated ones?

strobogo

Banned
UGUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU at WCW having RICK Flair on the laser screen at Clash 6. Come on.

Rick Flair and Brett Hart kill me. They're like watermarks.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Renee Young is full-time on NXT now! Yes! Maybe she'll finally get her shot on Raw in a few years and can replace Michael Cole!

... hey, a man can dream.

How do I put this.... If you watched Cole's commentary on the DVDs he did with Foley, you'd know Cole is actually a pretty knowledgeable, entertaining guy. If Renee was on Raw, she'd be saying the same thing Cole said. She'd be hearing the same whispers from Vince.

tumblr_n5alpxU29O1qk3agvo1_1280.jpg

Top Bottom