• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |BO-T| It's hard for a post to become a thread

BHZ Mayor

I'd actually prefer Cena and Big E in a tag team if that means at least one non-jobbing black guy.

Whenever I play around with create-a-wrestler on a wrestling game, I can never make a CAW's face look remotely like the person who I'm trying to make them look like. Even if I have a photo in front of me as a reference, I can just never make it look right.

Same here. This even applies to my own face.

So I'm about to enter my last final for the semester.

I currently look like this due to the sleep deprivation over the last two days
iKnClN3pf4U1k.gif

And my state of mind is pretty close to this
iYbxMQPrlufyk.gif

Hopefully I'll overcome the odds.
uL9wMQ3.jpg

It just doesn't feel like they are to me. They get pops for their entrance and hot tag sequence, but they still feel like lower card guys who wouldn't even get on PPVs to me. I just feel a disconnect between them and their spot on the card. Why do they still feel like rookie openers to me? Maybe it is because they don't really get promo time or angles. I've liked the Usos since they debuted. I just don't feel like they're REALLY guys that Bryan and Cena team up with to take on top heels. Kind of like how out of place it would have been for Hogan to team up with the Rockers.
I think they themselves get pops. They got one of the loudest pops of the year in Chicago of all places so that tells me a lot.

The problem is the tag division is at it's lowest point ever (really saying something). There's 3 teams on the roster left. Usos as champs and Los Matadores and Rybaxel. The latter 2 being so bad they can't even enter a feud with them.

I'd like to see them in a real feud with Rowan and Harper. Leave Bray out of it even and give the other 2 some promo time.

Sblargh

Banned
I'd actually prefer Cena and Big E in a tag team if that means at least one non-jobbing black guy.

Same here. This even applies to my own face.

Tag teams are how Cena responds to the claim that he never loses. You'll actually have Big E taking pins left and right so Cena can lose without lose and overcome the odds in the end while Big E is nowhere to be seen.

BHZ Mayor

Tag teams are how Cena responds to the claim that he never loses. You'll actually have Big E taking pins left and right so Cena can lose without lose and overcome the odds in the end while Big E is nowhere to be seen.

Damn. You're right. Big E's doomed either way.

Cool video from some sort of Japanese make a wish show;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njFdlTyASLg

97 year old woman who's a huge fan of pro-wrestling has never seen it live before, so Dragon Gate send CIMA, Gamma, Yosuke Santa Maria & Flamita with a ring to her nursing home to put on a show for her and her friends. Skip to about 8 minutes in for the wrestles.

Lambda Pie said:

Man, that is awesome that he'd try that. Fighting sports need more legitimately crazy dudes trying ridiculous shit.

Mengetsu

97 year old woman who's a huge fan of pro-wrestling has never seen it live before, so Dragon Gate send CIMA, Gamma, Yosuke Santa Maria & Flamita with a ring to her nursing home to put on a show for her and her friends. Skip to about 8 minutes in for the wrestles.

Man, that is awesome that he'd try that. Fighting sports need more legitimately crazy dudes trying ridiculous shit.

This is just awesome! She looked happy especially helping beating down one of the wrestlers :lol

Rapstah

This Smackdown! Here comes the Pain season mode is intense. World Tag Team Champions Kevin Nash and Scott Steiner just booked themselves in a ladder match against Triple H and Ric Flair for this Sunday at Judgment Day.

I believe it's the last game in the series to use the terms "face" and "heel", as later Smackdown vs. Raw games went on to call it "clean" and "dirty" instead. JR and Tazz can also approach you between shows to try to book you in PPV matches or international tours which is a nice aspect that I don't think any of their other season modes had.

There's also no commentary or ring introductions whatsoever. They play music during the matches but there are what feels like three songs in the soundtrack. There are pre-defined places in the menus where only one song can play, meaning you will hear something like two of those three songs while browsing the menus. Awful.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

Oh wow this is awesome. Also I seem to have something in my eyes...;_;

Sblargh

Banned
Woah, I'm actually getting my life in order. What an odd feeling.

What I feel right now:

bayley_nxt_chibi_by_kapaeme-d6jdd45.gif

And Emma, oh dear Emma, I'm sorry, but I gotta go because those crazy... things that flap their arms around instead of the pink sock. :(

I like the pink sock, but they're dragging you down too much.

I got an email from roh today advertising Global Wars(I think I bought some cm punk dvds from them a while back).

Would have ignored it but noticed they're teaming up with NJPW. Is this event expected to be good? Worth $15?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I got an email from roh today advertising Global Wars(I think I bought some cm punk dvds from them a while back).

Would have ignored it but noticed they're teaming up with NJPW. Is this event expected to be good? Worth $15?

Yes and yes.

Yeah, it should be a real good show, but they're promoting two events with New Japan and next week's show from the Hammerstein Ballroom in NYC looks to be the better of the two. If you aren't interesting in getting both, I'd probably go with the NYC card. Here's the details;

ROH/NJPW, "GLOBAL WARS", 2014.05.10
Ted Reeve Arena, Toronto

| 08:30 Japan | 01:30 EU | 00:30 UK | 19:30 East Coast | 16:30 West Coast |

http://www.ustream.tv/RingOfHonor - $14.95

1. ACH vs Michael Bennett
2. reDRagon (Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly) vs The Briscoes (Jay & Mark Briscoe) vs The Decade (BJ Whitmer & Jimmy Jacobs)
3. Cedric Alexander vs Roderick Strong
4. ROH World TV Title: Jay Lethal © vs Matt Taven vs Silas Young vs Tommaso Ciampa
5. Michael Elgin vs Takaaki Watanabe
6. Bullet Club (AJ Styles & Karl Anderson) vs CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada & Gedo)
7. Hiroshi Tanahashi & Jushin 'Thunder' Liger vs CHAOS (Shinsuke Nakamura & Jado)
8. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Titles: The Young Bucks (Nick & Matt Jackson) © vs Forever Hooligans (Alex Koslov & Rocky Romero) vs Time Splitters (Alex Shelley & KUSHIDA)
9. ROH World Heavyweight Title: Adam Cole © vs Kevin Steen

ROH/NJPW, "WAR OF THE WORLDS", 2014.05.17
Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC

http://www.ustream.tv/RingOfHonor - $14.95

| 08:30 Japan | 01:30 EU | 00:30 UK | 19:30 East Coast | 16:30 West Coast |

1. Caprice Coleman vs Silas Young
2. ACH, Matt Taven & Tomasso Ciampa vs Forever Hooligans (Rocky Romero, Alex Koslov) & Takaaki Watanabe
3. Jado & Gedo vs The Decade (BJ Whitmer & Jimmy Jacobs)
4. Cedric Alexander vs Kazuchika Okada
5. ROH World Tag Titles: The Young Bucks (Nick & Matt Jackson) © vs reDRagon (Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly)
6. Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Michael Bennett
7. Shinsuke Nakamura vs Kevin Steen*
8. ROH World TV Title: Jay Lethal © vs KUSHIDA
9. ROH World Heavyweight Title: Adam Cole © vs Jushin 'Thunder' Liger*
10. IWGP Heavyweight Tag Titles: Bullet Club (Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows) © vs The Briscoes (Jay & Mark Briscoe)
11. IWGP World Heavyweight Title: AJ Styles © vs Michael Elgin

*Cole and Steen's matches will be reversed if Cole fails to defend the title in Toronto.

Never bought an ROH show in my life, but I plan on getting today's and next week's show. Sounds fun. Ustream always works great for the NJPW shows right?

Yo Bootaaay, I think this needs updating. :lol

Whoops, I'm still in denial. Poor Okada-san :(

Never bought an ROH show in my life, but I plan on getting today's and next week's show. Sounds fun. Ustream always works great for the NJPW shows right?

Yeah, never had a problem with any of the Japanese promotions on Ustream as of yet, so really hoping there's no problems for ROH tonight.

somedevil

I'm still confused as to why the Toronto card is split like that but it should be good anyways

I think Court Bauer said New Japan had more control on the booking for the Toronto show while it was a group effort for the New York show between ROH and New Japan.

I think New Japan holds New York in high regards compared to Toronto so they gave it the better card.

There are going to be people looking back on Kofi Kingston fondly in this subcommunity in 15 years. Can't wait for the hundreds of misunderstandings of how good or bad wrestling actually was in 2014.

Kofi could have been huge!

WWE Magazine from March 2013 said:
WWE Doctor Chris Amann on who injures a lot of opponents: “I can’t single out one Superstar. But, and this is sort of funny, there was a period of time when the joke backstage was, ‘If you’re having a match with Kofi, you were going to end up with me.’ So I was seeing his opponents one after the other at one point! Then there are Superstars such as John Cena, who barely frequent the training room. But when a medical issue does come up, he’s good about letting us know.”

Rapstah

For all this talk of Ryback and Jack Swagger being dangerous in the ring, that sure as hell hasn't stopped WWE from putting them in matches almost every show for months now.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Boy, watching one of the later Clash of the Champions and Big Boss Man sure had some weird promos with his Guardian Angel gimmick.

UberTag

Hopefully the UStream feed of today's ROH/New Japan show holds up decently today.
I plan to spring on next weekend's event at the Hammerstein if it does.

As for the Toronto show, my 3rd row seats will have to suffice.

I watched the Styles/Okada title match last night. Really wish they wouldn't telegraph the Bullet Club's match interference spots so deliberately.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like my moving will work out just right so I can watch RoH tonight, I think. I hope so! Would love to join you guys.

Thorakai

I really want to see a storyline where Zeb Coulter turns into a super liberal face. Its such an easy change, just have him bring protests signs against fracking or promoting a minimum wage increase instead of anti-immigration signs. Have him fall in love with a mamacita (Rosa???) that turns out to be undocumented, then bring in the heel that will culminate in a papers-on-a-pole match to maker her a citizen.

Hire me WWE.

Boy, watching one of the later Clash of the Champions and Big Boss Man sure had some weird promos with his Guardian Angel gimmick.

It was one of those instances where he was stuck in between. The man himself probably had no idea how to do that character. WWF hit them with a cease & desist on "The Boss" because it was too similar to his Big Bossman character. So they came up with this randomly.

Vylash

After last night's Impact Wrestling tapings, Jeremy Borash announced that they did not know when they will be back to tape future editions of Impact.

Dixie Carter also confirmed this on Twitter, stating that they will be "headed to NYC for a while." She also mentioned that there was nothing on the books for TNA to return to Universal Studios.

Impact episodes are currently taped up until June 12th, which is right before TNA Slammiversary. They have a live Impact taping in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania in the middle of June, which is likely going to have more than one episode being filmed.

After this, there will be TNA tapings in New York City, which will carry the company through August.

DMczaf

Was up to $180 at black jack last night after starting with $20, then dropped to $100. Cashed out.

Came back and lost another $20.Came back again and lost another $20.

I retired like Funk when I should have retired like HBK :(

Top Bottom