• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |BO-T| It's hard for a post to become a thread

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This is my unbanned gif
Hey+Yo.gif

What's up wrasslegaf. Watching IYH 15 and hot damn that Shamrock vs Vader match was great. Who ever thought it was a good idea to throw the stiffest guy in the WWE at the time against a legit MMA guy like Shamrock was completely right. Vaders nose looked broken from one of Shamrocks strikes to me.

Awesome stuff.

Two days later and Alexa Bliss' theme is still stuck in my head...
If we include NXT, when is the last time female wrestling in the WWE was this good? Paige continues to have great matches on the main roster and that Natalya vs Charlotte match from a few weeks ago was very good.

Attitude era I guess?

strobogo

Banned
What's up wrasslegaf. Watching IYH 15 and hot damn that Shamrock vs Vader match was great. Who ever thought it was a good idea to throw the stiffest guy in the WWE at the time against a legit MMA guy like Shamrock was completely right. Vaders nose looked broken from one of Shamrocks strikes to me.

Awesome stuff.

That was the closest thing to a shootstyle match in WWE. Lambada should review that match. Vader got legit fucked up. I believe he had to miss some time after it.

That was the closest thing to a shootstyle match in WWE. Lambada should review that match. Vader got legit fucked up. I believe he had to miss some time after it.
I'm pretty sure Shamrocks' leg kicks were responsible for Vader limping to the back with a referees assistance afterwards. You have to give full credit to anyone that comes out on top fighting stiff with Vader.

strobogo

Banned
I'm pretty sure Shamrocks' leg kicks were responsible for Vader limping to the back with a referees assistance afterwards. You have to give full credit to anyone that comes out on top fighting stiff with Vader.

Well, Shamrock was an actual fighter, not just a really stiff pro wrestler.

If we include NXT, when is the last time female wrestling in the WWE was this good? Paige continues to have great matches on the main roster and that Natalya vs Charlotte match from a few weeks ago was very good.

Attitude era I guess?
I am really enjoying it. Everyone is developing a character and some uniqueness. No doubt it will be all for naught when they get called up since they can't even have a single Divas storyline. Paige, AJ, Emma, Bayley, Alexa, maybe Veronica soon I all like. Wanna buy their merchandise. Make them humble. I mean the two matches this past week were entertaining. Since the Network is so starved forcontent and subs they can definitely push them to the forefront. If it fails, its The E's fault.

Bert409

So is Vince completely useless these days? Internet wrassling fans seems to associate him with everything negative in the company and nothing positive.

Carnby

Requesting opinions.

My PS4 loses signal to my HDTV randomly. Or it occasionally flashes white "static".

This all started after 1.70 went live. Has anyone else had this problem, or could it be an issue with my TV?

Requesting opinions.

My PS4 loses signal to my HDTV randomly. Or it occasionally flashes white "static".

This all started after 1.70 went live. Has anyone else had this problem, or could it be an issue with my TV?

You should probably ask Gaming side this, if you haven't already.

Requesting opinions.

if it's a Samsung TV, update the firmware if you haven't. i had that early on and updating solved it.

Are they serious with this Adam Rose gimmick? Who are they trying to target? Flamboyant men?

He'll never be a main eventer with this gimmick (and I don't know he has the talent to be one with any gimmick) but he can be a fun mid carder. Not everyone has to be a main eventer :/

< Rosebud right here.

anyyyyyway I only really stopped by to big up that Shamrock/Vader match and praise the state of the women's division (if only someone would sort out the tag division). I'm going back to gaming side and letting you guys resume your usual community thread services.

strobogo

Banned
What's the background on this?

Rick Steiner accidentally broke Buff's neck in a match on Thunder in early 1998. Buff was out of action and presumed to not be coming back. He turned face when Scott claimed he was a weak link and kicked him out of the NWO. He was now siding with Rick, but it turns out it was a SWERVE all along as Buff turned on Rick.

Then at Fall Brawl, Buff gets involved in the Steiner vs Steiner match and goes down, apparently having reinjured his neck. The match stops, Buff is carried out, Scott is crying, Rick feels terrible...and then Scott and Buff bust out of the ambulance. SWERVE!

strobogo

Banned
A fake neck injury angle that takes twenty minutes or so with the announcers talking in their Owen Hart voices only to end with that scene.

But you're missing that this was part of a 6 month angle and it was actually the SECOND time Buff had SWERVED Rick in a month over his neck injury. Continuing Rick's gimmick from the 80s of maybe being retarded.

somedevil

An interesting rumor:

It's being rumored that Japanese wrestler Sakamoto has been re-hired by WWE. Sakamoto, who once appeared as Tensai's assistant, was released back in May of 2013 but was at last night's NXT live event Orlando and has been in Orlando for several days now.

The rumors also say that he may have been brought back to help with translating for KENTA when he arrives. As noted, it's still not confirmed that KENTA is coming in. For what it's worth, Sakamoto appears to be still taking bookings on his Twitter.

Wasn't he wrestling for Wrestle-1 as well? Also, isn't it easier to hire a translator?

Also, new show ideas for the WWE network:

• News (Comedic): News show about all things WWE. Presented with a comedic slant like the Daily Show with Jon Stewart or The Colbert Report.

* News (Serious): A news show about all things WWE. Presented with a more serious approach like ESPN’s SportsCenter.

* Documentary: New additions to the existing documentary line-up, such as Journey to WrestleMania: Daniel Bryan. In-depth programs about WWE related topics, similar to HBO’s Hard Knocks, or Mike Tyson: Undisputed Truth.

* In-Ring: New additions to the existing in-ring show line-up, such as RAW, Main Event, and NXT.

* Game Shows: Superstars hosting, or being involved in, WWE-themed game shows in which fans compete for cash prizes like on Cash Cab, Jeopardy!, and Family Feud.

* Talk Shows: Intimate and exclusive interviews with Superstars, Legends and Divas in a Late Show with David Letterman or Tonight Show format and similar to Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel.

* Animated: New additions to the existing animated programming line-up, such as Slam City.

* Reality: Docu-series: Unscripted reality shows that explore the daily lives of Superstars, like seen on Total Divas or similar to Deadliest Catch or Dog The Bounty Hunter.

* Reality: Lifestyle: Reality shows that explore the lifestyle of a Superstar, like foods they crave and places they like to travel. Similar to Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives, or Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown.

* Reality: Competition (In-Ring): “In-ring” competition shows, like Tough Enough. The new season of Tough Enough has been confirmed for the Network and begins filming soon at the WWE Performance Center.

* Reality: Competition (Outside The Ring): Competition shows that have Superstars, Divas and Legends competing against each other outside the ring like on Amazing Race or Shaq Vs.

* Reality: Buying/Selling: Reality shows looking at collecting habits of Superstars, or buying and selling pop culture memorabilia or antiques, like on Pawn Stars or American Pickers.

* Reality: Survival: Reality shows featuring Superstars, Divas, and Legends attempting to survive in the wild, like on Dude You’re Screwed, or Survivorman.

* Reality: Prank Shows: Reality shows featuring Superstars, Divas and Legends “punking” and pranking each other like on Punk’d or Impractical Jokers

Its basically ripping off everything on tv for the network.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So is Vince completely useless these days? Internet wrassling fans seems to associate him with everything negative in the company and nothing positive.

Vince is untouchable and immortal.

Rapstah

The announcers have been joking about Bad News at Eleven for months after Barrett mentioned it on Twitter so I'm assuming that's actually something they've been thinking about then.

strobogo

Banned
Why are they trying to come up with new ideas for a talk show when they already have TUESDAY NIGHT TITANS. Just bring it back. Same format. Keep Cole and JBL away from it. Ideas for hosts/side kicks: Booker T., The Mad Ox, Sandow, Vince, Heyman, Ricardo, Ryback, Santino, Regal.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
But you're missing that this was part of a 6 month angle and it was actually the SECOND time Buff had SWERVED Rick in a month over his neck injury. Continuing Rick's gimmick from the 80s of maybe being retarded.

The Steiner's break up angle and subsequent feud is such a long ass angle. It has its roots in late 1997 when a more aggressive proto big poppa pump starts fucking up in various matches and it doesn't really end until...2001! It just takes little breaks.

Top Bottom