• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |BO-T| It's hard for a post to become a thread

strobogo

Banned
The Steiner's break up angle and subsequent feud is such a long ass angle. It has its roots in late 1997 when a more aggressive proto big poppa pump starts fucking up in various matches and it doesn't really end until...2001! It just takes little breaks.

The first part of the angle started in late 1997 and went straight through to early 1999 when Rick got injured. He came back a month or two later as face for about a month and then turned heel. They formed more of an alliance than a tag team for a while. Scott got injured again and Rick reformed the Varsity Club for a month or so. Scott came back with the NWO 2000, while Rick was injured again I think. Then the reboot happened and Scott kind of went face, teaming with Goldberg against Rick/Tank, only for it all to be a SWERVE. Then Goldberg turned heel a month or so later and turned back a month or so after that. Then Tank joined 3 Count. Rick took time off (probably due to an injury) and came back as a face, saving Nash from a Scott beat down. About 3 weeks later, he turned heel again and the Steiners stayed together for the last month and a half of WCW.

dream

That I Don't Get Hyped, I Stay Hyped guy is awful. So is Aiden English. But Alex Rusev and Tyler Breeze are awesome.

That said, what is with this company and all these shitty 80s-style gimmicks these days?

That I Don't Get Hyped, I Stay Hyped guy is awful. So is Aiden English. But Alex Rusev and Tyler Breeze are awesome.

That said, what is with this company and all these shitty 80s-style gimmicks these days?

NXT brah. The gimmicks are overrated, but the wrestling is sometimes good.

dream

But then they take these shitty 80s-style, Chikaraesque gimmicks that can only work in podunk towns to Monday Night Raw SuperShow and they're just brutal to watch.

But then they take these shitty 80s-style, Chikaraesque gimmicks that can only work in podunk towns to Monday Night Raw SuperShow and they're just brutal to watch.

everyone in NXT will bomb hard as soon as they debut in front of adult folks with jobs and little kids with Cena shirts.

Rapstah

Adam Rose is an exception, they don't really bring the cartooniest gimmicks up. Even Tyler Breeze is getting a serious run where they establish he can go right now and I don't think he's moving up for quite some time.

What other cartoony gimmicks do they have? Aiden English I guess? He's never moving up with this gimmick. The crowd has turned on Mojo Rawley but his gimmick is also sort of cartoony.

Rapstah

Show me these NXT hopefuls, friends. I'll give you my honest assessment of their future in this business.

320px-Mojo_Rawley_4.jpg

Zayn and Neville will get over on their wrestling, which is an excellent fallback because it's the most solid thing you can do every night and the crowd won't get tired of it quickly.

The rest, who are mostly gimmick over substance, are going to struggle.

Showaddy

The big issue there going to have with wrestlers going from NXT>RAW is that they're forgetting how they got over in the first place. Everyone bar Rollins has had their main roster calls ups fucked up in one way or another.

Beef, you gonna let this slide?
I'm just laughing because he's essentially calling a bunch of dying, make-a-wish children rednecks. It's pretty ignorant and disgusting, usually reserved for people who don't actually watch wrestling and claim that it's fake. If he's fine with having a small intellect, then more power to him.
Beef has gone Sgt. AWOL after being so shook over the new guy not liking him or wanting to shake his hand.
Nah, I've been busy playing video games.
Can anyone get UserScripts.org to load? I need my GAF scripts.

You mean the site, or the actual scripts? Because my scripts are working fine.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I could go for a Network show:

"30 Minutes with Mr. McMahon"

Just have him talk. The end. A+ rating.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Goddamn, it's eerie having posts of mine deleted in gaming-side.

I'm back. Sorry!

The Mojo gimmick would work if... you know, he actually had energy in the ring. He's appropriately hyped for his entrance and then the bell rings and he's pretty slow. Yeah, he jumps high for the splash he hits on people stood in the corner, but the move lacks serious impact.

His ring work is very very basic right now.

Tyler Breeze is great. I haven't seen his matches from before the network, and they talk about his style having changed (I guess he used to be afraid of being hit in the face or something). Right now though... he's got a great entrance and works well in the ring. Legitimate charisma too. Again, he's not getting to the top with that gimmick, but I would think he could climb higher up the card than say, Adam Rose.

Aiden English is a pompous heel that people will love to watch lose time and time again. He can potentially be used to elevate mid card faces. With his physique and a repackage, if they want to put Cesaro back into a tag team, I can think of many worse people to pair him up with.

There's nothing wrong with settling into a spot like that. Characters like that only fall flat on their face when WWE try to book them to go over people that are believably tough.

Santino is fine as a comedy character until the day they try to make out that he could beat a main player (even if Anthony Carelli is a pretty tough guy in reality). If Aiden doesn't mind ending most of his matches with his shoulders pinned to the mat, he could stick around for a while.

I can't decide what's worse: the NXT Full Sail fans or the TNA Impact Zone fans. Both are so repugnant.

The NXT fans loudly booed when Yoshi Tatsu was eliminated from the battle royal and had been chanting him loudly before that happened.

It's the TNA fans that are worse.

My problem with Aiden English, and what will probably be a huge problem for him going forward, is that he looks like anorexic Cesaro.

I think he looks more anemic than anorexic. Someone get that man some red meat.

Showaddy

He's living the fucking dream. Where else is he gonna pick up a solid paycheck for basically turning up at a gym a few days a week?

He's living the fucking dream. Where else is he gonna pick up a solid paycheck for basically turning up at a gym a few days a week?

If they ever fire him, they need to give someone else his entrance theme because it's AMAZING.

edit: Anyway, I'm off to watch King of the Ring 97 (presented by SUPER SOAKER) and I'll leave you all be.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Friend Heel, the only thing you need to look at for NXT is The Ascension. They're ready and have a great look.

An image doesn't do it justice, but it's hard to find their legitimate, current entrance online without the Network.
i52ugB5.jpg

zc7Frw9.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Stop shit-posting, then.

Beef, why are you so stupid? If you want to stick up for bigots that's your thing. I'd rather call that shit out. I thought being one of those Sonic people you'd want to stick up for people that are minorities.

Beef, why are you so stupid? If you want to stick up for bigots that's your thing. I'd rather call that shit out. I thought being one of those Sonic people you'd want to stick up for people that are minorities.

My natural inclination is that if your post (as in a post YOU made, not the general "you") got deleted, then knowing your post history and general demeanor it must've been your own fault. If I'm wrong, then my bad.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
My natural inclination is that if your post (as in a post YOU made, not the general "you") got deleted, then knowing your post history and general demeanor it must've been your own fault. If I'm wrong, then my bad.

Oh god now attacking my post history! I'm flawless and clean, brother!

I work hard to enhance all aspects of NeoGAF! I swear it!

Is the ROH show on demand? I won't be able to watch it in a few hours.

Should be. Sad you won't be liveposting it like some of the rest of us. I'm glad to rest from moving today and watch it.

Top Bottom