• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |BO-T| It's hard for a post to become a thread

It was an ok show I guess. Next week will be better for sure.

fMh4JDg.gif

strobogo

Banned
When/why did the internet pick up and start using "actively" constantly? I want to say 2011, but I can't figure out why. In the vast, vast majority of sentences it is used in, it is completely superfluous.

Examples

I have avoided watching TNA because it sucks.

or

I have actively avoided watching TNA because it sucks.

or

I have avoided watching TNA because it actively sucks.

Actively is completely unnecessary.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This guy on youtube has been uploading stereo versions of NES soundtracks, and it's all I've been listening to lately. And I normally don't even like video game music.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Randomly watching Great American Bash 2006 cause I wanted to see some King Booker, and discovered some diva named Kristal Marshall. Why did she have to leave??
Yeah she was fire, she married Bobby Lashley and I am now reminded of the Teddy Long wedding heart attack, lol.

gurudyne

Is she holding the Holy Grail? Triple H truly is the King of Kings.

And she is seated at HHHis rigHHHt HHHand. Going to be a good year for her.

When/why did the internet pick up and start using "actively" constantly? I want to say 2011, but I can't figure out why. In the vast, vast majority of sentences it is used in, it is completely superfluous.

Actively is completely unnecessary.

The Internet is always on the lookout for new hyperbole. Seriously, they go through several synonyms for "very" every year. Epic, awesome, literally (still pissed they ruined this word), god tier, master level, uber. On the Internet, no concept stands alone, it needs meaningless qualifiers to enhance whatever experience the writer's conveying.

EDIT: Why would you selfie while driving?

Yeah she was fire, she married Bobby Lashley and I am now reminded of the Teddy Long wedding heart attack, lol.

I think I just watched the shittiest quality YouTube video on part 3 of the wedding. They had the comedian Bruce Bruce as the officiant?? Haha. Segment was actually entertaining up until the heart attack part. That's how they ended a show? Godfather and JBL are the greatest.

Alucard

Banned
Back from Global Wars. Overall, a pretty fun show to attend live, but there were some personal pluses and minuses.

-Arrived about an hour before belltime, and all of the limited edition NJPW shirts were sold out. Sigh.
-Paid 160 to get pics w everyone, but a few people were monopolizing convo with wrestlers, so I couldn't get through the whole line. Missed out on pics w Tanahashi and Okada
-Got to take a pic with AJ with the IWGP belt on my shoulder
-Alex Koslov likes to joke around
-Alex Shelley is super nice in person. Talked about the Back to the Future entrance and he said Kushida almost wrecked the engine of the car bc it was manual
-Merch dude tried being a dick about giving me a small refund bc I didn't get pics w everyone as promised
-The ring looked teeeerrible. Trampoline-like
-Liger got a huge pop
-The three-way New Japan tag was a total blast
-The main event was really good, but the no selling high impact moves and kickouts felt a bit much...but in line with ROH's style
-Tanahashi was a victim of coming out after Liger. People were already hyped about Nakamura and Liger, so they had no energy for Hiroshi. His music started up as we were still hyped for Liger.
-Young Bucks are over, bros
-Felt bad for the lack of reaction to Roddy/Cedric. Was a good contest, but the mood for it was kind of weird...people WANT to cheer for The Decade but know they aren't supposed to
-WTF NO DECADE SHIRTS
-RD Evans was a perfect guy to showcase after the intermission. We all loved him. Funny considering how everyone haaaated him at the show I was at two years ago. Dat versatility?

How did everything come across on the stream?

UberTag

RD Evans was a nice surprise after the break. Made me nostalgic for our month of Marchie Archie avatars on WrassleGAF.

The main event felt a little flat to me due in large part to the cute repeated spots on all 4 sides of the ring. Felt like Steen was more interested in showboating than winning the title.

I could have done without the Liger novelty act as well.

Still glad I got to see the NJPW guys in person. The 3-way tag was easily the highlight of the evening - spotfest or not. Next week's card should be better. The Hammerstein always brings out a great crowd.

Alucard

Banned
The spoils of marking out tonight.
BnVHy-7IEAEIhk4.jpg:large

Love the Steen shirt, and it was my consolation for not getting there in time to get a New Japan shirt.

I can say sitting in the gen admission area was shit like insultingly bad

Hard to see the ring because all the boards were up and hard to see past the poles

Anything outside the ring was a wash too with no video screen

No NJPW t-shirts was weak as shiiiiiiit.

Alucard

Banned
RD Evans was a nice surprise after the break. Made me nostalgic for our month of Marchie Archie avatars on WrassleGAF.

The main event felt a little flat to me due in large part to the cute repeated spots on all 4 sides of the ring. Felt like Steen was more interested in showboating than winning the title.

I could have done without the Liger novelty act as well.

Still glad I got to see the NJPW guys in person. The 3-way tag was easily the highlight of the evening - spotfest or not. Next week's card should be better. The Hammerstein always brings out a great crowd.

That match was soooo much fun. Every single team was over with the crowd. The Time Splitters are quickly becoming my favourite tag team in the world today, especially since they were both incredibly nice and gave me free signed pics to go with the pic I got with 'em.

That, RD Evans, Liger, and the Steen/Cole match are probably what I'll remember when I think back to this show.

I thought the Elgin match was also quite good. A strong move-for-move affair.

Alucard

Banned
I can say sitting in the gen admission area was shit like insultingly bad

Hard to see the ring because all the boards were up and hard to see past the poles

Anything outside the ring was a wash too with no video screen

No NJPW t-shirts was weak as shiiiiiiit.

Yeah, it's surprising that they brought virtually zeeeeero merch outside of the aforementioned t-shirts, which sold out mega fast. Wonder what time they let people in.

Alucard

Banned
really? no NJPW shirts besides the limited edition ones?

gtfo =/

The site said three designs, but there was only one style left by the time I got there. A kind of cheesy one with the American flag behind the New Japan logo. Will likely do well in New York.

But yeah, no wrestler specific merch. Maybe in New York?

The site said three designs, but there was only one style left by the time I got there. A kind of cheesy one with the American flag behind the New Japan logo. Will likely do well in New York.

But yeah, no wrestler specific merch. Maybe in New York?

damn was hoping to find someone to get me a shirt or two at the new york show.

Ah. Yeah, I hope there is more NJPW merch then at NYC. Sucks that things turned out like that. Glad you had fun though!

strobogo

Banned
iziZvXsESqn9I.gif

iymdGZeKmxz4M.gif

This pose down is something else. Hogan, Cena, Bateaster. Bateaster looks like a star and is generally hanging back and letting Hogan do his thing unless they're all posing. Cena looks like a fucking kid and is right up Hogan's ass on everything, trying to steal his thunder. Just being a cheesedick hot dogger trying to steal the spotlight.

Here is Bateaster "pretending" to get blown up from posing:

iRuuetfZNfyaB.gif

TL21xx

Banned
Anyone doing DDP Yoga? I'm getting the DVDs next week :)

My younger brother (Not Terabyte) is doing it right now and he's loving it! I've done a couple exercises here and there and intended to start the program over the summer once we get back from vacation. It's crazy how much of your body feels activated during it.

Top Bottom