• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |BO-T| It's hard for a post to become a thread

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This show is the one that RoH got more sway with, right? NYC is NJPW's direction mainly?

4W4pS3v.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Jesus Christ Kaitlyn.

I'm gonna take my own intermission here, I've seen enough Ciampa to last a lifetime.

somedevil

This show is the one that RoH got more sway with, right? NYC is NJPW's direction mainly?

Opposite. This one is New Japan, ROH got more of what they wanted for New York. That what I got from what Court Bauer said about it with Pollock. New York to New Japan is the better market so they get the better card.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Opposite. This one is New Japan, ROH got more of what they wanted for New York. That what I got from what Court Bauer said about it with Pollock. New York to New Japan is the better market so they get the better card.

Argh, goddammit. Ah well, hope the timing is a bit better for the bigger matches in NYC.

strobogo

Banned
Ziggler is a terrible seller and would be murdered in NJPW for bumping like crazy and doing no selling. Bumping is not selling.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Okada with a MUCH better reception than Nak/Tana

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
AJ and Karl know how to work this crowd much more than Tanahashi and Liger, fa sho. Gonna be good....

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Goddamn reverse Gun Stun! But they might call that anything :p

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Goddddddamn AJ and Okada gel so well. Really enjoying seeing these two go at it, I missed the NJPW show where AJ got the title so I didn't get to see em.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I'm bummed it's over. Surprisingly didn't see too much from Anderson.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Goddamn I keep looking at that Kaitlyn pic. She has a great surgeon.

JavyOO7

The final moments of Survivor Series 87 was great. I thought Bam Bam was going to pull it off by pinning the last three on his own. He did beat Bundy and OMG, though. Hogan was annoying here. Geez.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure if that was worth my money, but the card next week looks much more interesting.

I'm confident it'll be better. This was worth the $15 but it reminds me why I don't usually watch RoH and prefer NJPW only shows.

There's still plenty of RoH talent worth paying for, especially the Briscoes because they walk that crazy kayfabe line where you wonder if that shit is real or not (promos, etc)

Mr. Sam

My problem with that ending is that the two superkicks Steen already took weren't enough to take him off his feet, never mind pin the fucker.

The main event was comfortably the best match of the night, which is as it should be.

Can't say I'll be bothering with War of the Worlds. At the same time, anybody who was already looking forward to it won't have been put off by tonight.

Too many kick-outs. The only thing protected was Steen's package piledriver - his knee gave way so he couldn't hit it on Cole, but then later in the match he hit it on Bennett with little problem. He also kicked out of Cole's finisher, while Cole kicked out of the Brainbustaaaa, which has been Steen's secondary finisher as of late. Then there were the four apron powerbombs, top-rope air raid crash and pop-up powerbomb.

In general, I think I would have liked it more if Steen tapped to the figure four, considering the work done to his knee.

Good show overall, but nothing spectacular.

Top Bottom