• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |BO-T| It's hard for a post to become a thread

strobogo

Banned
I'm pretty sure class not ass has been renewed for another season unfortunately.

There is most definitely a gay scandal on the horizon for CKB. In fact, just a few years ago he was sued by male employees for talking about his dick, inviting them to jerk him off, and general sexual harassment. A year before, he was sued by female employees, which is how the lawsuit from the men came about. And all the employees were fired as soon as the cases wrapped up. He apparently also owes more money than Ric Flair.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I wish WWE would release a Jack Brisco dvd. I had no idea how influential he was on both American wrestling and Japanese wrestling until I went looking for his stuff. Pretty sure Terry Funk got his selling from Jack. He does the little punchdrunk boxing selling just like Terry does nowadays.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I love that NONE of the name plates work for the entirety of COTC VII, yet they kept showing the blank plates for every match and promo segment anyway.

yeah, I watched that one and wondered what they edited out. Apparently it was just broken.

strobogo

Banned
yeah, I watched that one and wondered what they edited out. Apparently it was just broken.

The show has two Michael Hayes matches.

is91L0veWSTZM.gif

There is most definitely a gay scandal on the horizon for CKB. In fact, just a few years ago he was sued by male employees for talking about his dick, inviting them to jerk him off, and general sexual harassment. A year before, he was sued by female employees, which is how the lawsuit from the men came about. And all the employees were fired as soon as the cases wrapped up. He apparently also owes more money than Ric Flair.
Speaking of Flair, I saw his Wife Swap episode with Piper a few nights ago which I hadn't seen before. Kinda feel sorry for the dude, sad that he has to almost pay to have friends around. It could obviously have been manipulated but he barely spent time with his kids and seemed like they were pretty much an afterthought to him.

strobogo

Banned
Some idea for names for Bronson's podcast.

The Missed Spot
Spotlights in the Hardcam
Too Dark, Can't See Shit
Too Bright, Can't See Shit

inQiRuqIW0rmi.gif

Bronson should start a "How to poorly film terrible independent wrestling" podcast.

Step 1: Drink heavily
Not a drinker?
Step 1a: Eat heavily
Step 2: Don't forget your equipment
Step 3: Close your eyes and block out the horrors in front of you
Step 4: Collect Payche-

Some idea for names for Bronson's podcast.

The Missed Spot
Spotlights in the Hardcam
Too Dark, Can't See Shit
Too Bright, Can't See Shit

inQiRuqIW0rmi.gif

Hey hey hey wait a minute
You Turncoat Bastard!

Missed Spots make me sad, if they're big ones it's the fault of the talent though. we gotta know
...We can't put a damn light rig on the ceiling mannn
GOOD YOU'RE MISSING GARBAGE
GOOD YOU'RE MISSING BRIGHT GARBAGE

I think colour balance is my new no.1 pet peeve with indy wrestling.

Why's it so hard to get two freaking cameras calibrated to put out an at-least comparable picture?

strobogo

Banned
Step 1: Drink heavily
Not a drinker?
Step 1a: Eat heavily
Step 2: Don't forget your equipment
Step 3: Close your eyes and block out the horrors in front of you
Step 4: Collect Payche-

Hey hey hey wait a minute
You Turncoat Bastard!

Missed Spots make me sad, if they're big ones it's the fault of the talent though. we gotta know
...We can't put a damn light rig on the ceiling mannn
GOOD YOU'RE MISSING GARBAGE
GOOD YOU'RE MISSING BRIGHT GARBAGE

ibcik317LaeEfx.gif

Too perfect, can't see shit.

tyler-breeze-entrance.gif

I think colour balance is my new no.1 pet peeve with indy wrestling.

Why's it so hard to get two freaking cameras calibrated to put out an at-least comparable picture?

I can explain that one. A couple possible reasons:
Different models of cameras being used (this happened last night)
Lighting change throws off balance (this happened last night too)
Contact with camera throws off balance
They straight up didn't white balance right or at all (the majority)

They straight up didn't white balance right or at all (the majority)

Figures. Still, unbalanced cameras are better than some problems - that feel when you take a chance on an indy wrestling promotion and then realise the DVD's shot with a static hardcam only, with lights shining right into the lens;

5IfLOiR.jpg

:|

Character models are better, at least;

Jeff.gif

THE FUCK IS THAT

Great Bear Promotions, the premier wrestling company in Cheshire :p

I bought the DVD because it had Jon Gresham on it, plus, two shows on one disc isn't bad for £7 and the other one isn't nearly as unwatchable...still pretty bad, though;

88RTzad.png

The hell are they filming from?! The crowd? Are these awesome fancams?!

Also, I'm so happy Gresham found a spot in England. He's so talented and yet CZW fans were total dickwads

I wish they were fancams, but no - fixed position hard-camera set-up barely above the audience's head.

And yeah, Gresham is a fantastic wrestler, a bit short, but he can do it all. Glad to see he's making a name for himself in Europe, but haven't had the pleasure of seeing him live as of yet.

strobogo

Banned
I tried to play the TNA game for DS. It's completely unplayable.

Brodus Clay's new gimmick in NXT is totally that of an angry coke head, right? Fuck lol at the NXT women putting on a better match than the main roster women, one of which is supposed to be the best lady wrestler around and is a 14 year vet.

Alucard

Banned
Happy to see the positive reviews for Global Wars popping up online today. Consensus seems to be that the triple tag, AJ tag, and main event matches were all very good. They came across great live too.

strobogo

Banned
A couple of notes from NXT 2 weeks ago:

The NXT Divas are clearly better than the main roster ones.

Mojo appears to have tightened up his mid section a bit.

Aiden English needs a different facial hair style to make him look less like Cesaro. Like a really stupid mustache or something.

Brodus is really shaped just like King Hippo. He desperately needs better gear. At least a longer singlet. It's hard to take him seriously with his wibbly wobbbly legs and gunt. He doesn't look like the big fat strong guys of the past. He just looks like a fat dude with no muscles.

A couple of notes from NXT 2 weeks ago:

The NXT Divas are clearly better than the main roster ones.

Mojo appears to have tightened up his mid section a bit.

Aiden English needs a different facial hair style to make him look less like Cesaro. Like a really stupid mustache or something.

Brodus is really shaped just like King Hippo. He desperately needs better gear. At least a longer singlet. It's hard to take him seriously with his wibbly wobbbly legs and gunt. He doesn't look like the big fat strong guys of the past. He just looks like a fat dude with no muscles.

Well, did the Divas in NXT season 3 and the previous fitness models have the Performance Center, Sara Delray and time to develop in the way Emma, Sasha Banks, Paige, Charlotte, Summer Ray have?

They may be competent workers but are they going to get an opportunity to be a part of programs, fueds, etc? Probably not.

But since we're on the topic, Alicia Foxx has improved from being the potato bandit she used to be. Her elbows, back breaker and bridge are on point.

Mojo can get a six-pack and he'll still suck. He's got no charisma, a terrible gimmick and shoddy ring work.

Brodus looks like an evil monkey genie. I was watching him in the battle Royal and was like I get a racist vibe from him.

Sblargh

Banned
I'm glad I did not get to see Alicia Fox's bad phase because the vision I have for her now is what they tried to make Tamina look like. She is the dominant one, the one you should be afraid of. Even losing she still is the one that can bring in the hurt, which tells something about either her or about how much of a mark I am.

Penguin

Watching recent Legends House

1)Mean Gene is a horny old man

2)Seen more of the Fink than I ever wanted to

3)Hacksaw is pissed

My younger brother (Not Terabyte) is doing it right now and he's loving it! I've done a couple exercises here and there and intended to start the program over the summer once we get back from vacation. It's crazy how much of your body feels activated during it.
On week 4 of intermediate. Good, time efficient workout.
Been at it for around 70 days now. Have lost 11 pounds or so. Very good, compact, convenient, and not overly difficult workouts.
But YOU GOTTA STICK WITH IT.
Happy to hear it’s working out for you guys. Can’t wait to begin!

Top Bottom