• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |BO-T| It's hard for a post to become a thread

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hey, you know what? You're on. This is also an opportunity to have other people pick for me what to watch.
What software do you use to make the jiffs? I think I'll start with wrestlemania 1 because Cindy Lauper is awesome.

We already have a Mania 1 writeup, but I don't know if that affects you at all.

PM me some essential info - a real email address, the name of your column you wanna do, etc. Yknow just STUFF.

I know exactly 4 players on their roster: Altuve, Chris Carter, Fowler, and Scott Feldman... I would have to think that's as far as it goes for most other baseball fans as well.

Villar, Castro, George Springer, Josh Fields, Chad Qualls, Collin McHugh. That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Marvel

could never
I only watch sports entertainment, brother.

Though I could get into Basketball if I sat myself down and committed to learning about it. I watch Wimbledon Tennis sometimes.

Striker

I think 2005 was the last year of WWE that I enjoyed for the entire year. I may be misremembering though.
Smackdown was fairly good in those years, until Eddie died. JBL was a great heel. Raw was such a mixed bag from 2002-2006, to the awful HHH reigns to the terrible reunion of DX to take on the McMahons and the Spirit Squad. Of course Cena's moon push. You know when people say they hated the brand split? Enjoy the trio of Batista, Cena and Triple H for the next several years.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I should probably get around to writing something for legitshook again...thinking of doing an article on PROGRESS, seeing at the Chapter 12 DVD is out this week.

I think PROGRESS would be a good focus. They could use the coverage too!

Lol..."Mighty Morphin' Power Wrestling...and Chris Sabin";

mf7KW49.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I need to get around to reviewing Legends House ep 2. It's better than ep1. Was disappointed by my Legends House giffage though, but I did like these:

iMILKnIyoSdMC.gif

ioKM5WBAEUJCJ.gif

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Most boring sports

1. Hockey
2. Baseball
3. Nascar
4. Basketball
5. Football

I watch the World Cup and enjoy the hell out of it, so I guess I enjoy soccer even though I don't really watch it regularly.

XenoRaven

Most boring sports

1. Hockey
2. Baseball
3. Basketball
4. Football
5. Nascar

I watch the World Cup and enjoy the hell out of it, so I guess I enjoy soccer even though I don't really watch it regularly.
1. Incorrect
2. Correct
3. Incorrect
4. Incorrect
5. Correct

You got 60% incorrect, which just adds to the list of things in your life you score 60% in.

jmdajr

I like going to the ballpark but I will never watch it on TV unless it's the world series.
Soccer also good in person, shit on TV.

NFL Football and Basketball are the best, in person..or TV.

strobogo

Banned
Baseball is DEATH to watch on TV. I'd rather watch golf than baseball on TV. But going to a game is a different experience. You disconnect from the world, maybe have a hot dog, and sit outside for 3 hours and talk with your friend/girlfriend/boyfriend/family.

jmdajr

I don't doubt the athleticism in soccer. No doubt it takes some awesome conditioning but it's boring as fuck on TV. Only reason the world loves it is because even the poors (as Sunny would say) can play it. Can't afford food and water, but you can always get a ball and a field.

XenoRaven

I don't doubt the athleticism in soccer. No doubt it takes some awesome conditioning but it's boring as fuck on TV. Only reason the world loves it is because even the poors (as Sunny would say) can play it. Can't afford food and water, but you can always get a ball and a field.
Like any sport, it takes time to learn and understand it. But once you do it is highly entertaining.

Raw64life

I like baseball but don't have a much of a defense against people who say it's boring. I'm almost always doing something else while I have it on. Basketball and football are great, but unfortunately I am a fan of all the loser New York sports teams and have not seen any of my teams win a championship since I was 3 months old.

Hockey would be the perfect cure for insomnia except for it makes 90% of the TV screen a cornea burning neon white.

strobogo

Banned
The only sport I regularly follow is basketball, but I'm a Pacers fan, so it is a troubling and depressing experience. Never have I seen a team implode so many times. And never as spectacularly as this year.

Bout only bad thing in NBA is hack a shaq/ insane fouls at crunch time, and refs more corrupt than wwe.

You get used to it but how the refs call regular season fouls/regular season fouls in the closing minutes of the 4th quarter/playoff fouls/playoff fouls in the closing minutes of the 4th quarter can be a bit maddening.

jmdajr

Pro football is the most popular sport in America for at least the 30th straight year.

That's according to a survey taken this month by the Harris Poll, which has been asking adult fans, ages 18 and over, about their favorite sport since 1985.

In 2014, 35 percent of fans call the NFL their favorite sport, followed by Major League Baseball (14 percent), college football (11 percent), auto racing (7 percent), the NBA (6 percent), the NHL (5 percent) and college basketball (3 percent).

In 1985, the first year the poll was taken, the NFL bested MLB by just one percentage point (24 to 23 percent), but since then interest in baseball has fallen while the NFL has experienced a huge rise in popularity.

Wow surprised MLB beat out NBA. But man there is crazy fucking money in Baseball.

Sblargh

Banned

Oh man, I really dislike soccer, which is always a topic. People here in Brazil when they are talking about themselves, it's like: "I'm [name], I'm [age] years old, I work at [company] and my soccer team is [usually Corinthians]" and then I have to say I don't have a team, some people act real shook, it's like, such a big part of their identity.

And June is the fucking world cup, oh gosh, the fucking tourists coming into MY city, the world cup is usually the one soccer event I follow, because even without a club, it would be too much of a betrayal against my nation to not cheer for Brasil at the world cup, but this one, man, I think I'll lock myself in my bedroom and just wait for it to be over.

/rant

Sephzilla

Bout only bad thing in NBA is hack a shaq/ insane fouls at crunch time, and refs more corrupt than wwe.

Under the David Stern rule I think the NBA was faker than WWE too.

Also, jmdajr hit the nail on the head. The main reason soccer/world football is so popular is because it has the cheapest entry point of any professional sport.

The only sport I regularly follow is basketball, but I'm a Pacers fan, so it is a troubling and depressing experience. Never have I seen a team implode so many times. And never as spectacularly as this year.

Roy Hibbert's decline this season has been Miz like... although not totally fair because Miz always sucked.

Heel

Not enough love for curling, darts and trick shot billiards in here. Three sports that deserve your respect and admiration.

XenoRaven

Oh man, I really dislike soccer, which is always a topic. People here in Brazil when they are talking about themselves, it's like: "I'm [name], I'm [age] years old, I work at [company] and my soccer team is [usually Corinthians]" and then I have to say I don't have a team, some people act real shook, it's like, such a big part of their identity.

And June is the fucking world cup, oh gosh, the fucking tourists coming into MY city, the world cup is usually the one soccer event I follow, because even without a club, it would be too much of a betrayal against my nation to not cheer for Brasil at the world cup, but this one, man, I think I'll lock myself in my bedroom and just wait for it to be over.

/rant
Are Brazilian steakhouses really from Brazil or is that something America invented?

(A Brazilian steakhouse is a place with no menu, a huge salad bar, and then men bring you giant slabs of various meats until you tell them to stop.)

Top Bottom