• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |BO-T| It's hard for a post to become a thread

Sblargh

Banned
Are Brazilian steakhouses really from Brazil or is that something America invented?

(A Brazilian steakhouse is a place with no menu, a huge salad bar, and then men bring you giant slabs of various meats until you tell them to stop.)

Oh man, it's totally a thing. We call "churrascaria" and they're awesome. I mean, when I was a vegetarian I would go there just for the amazing salad bar. They come in all kinds of price range, tho meat is meat, the only difference is if you want to eat with the poors sharing the same geographic location as you or not. As I am a man of the people, I do enjoy eating all the meat I can eat for what would be like 10 to 15 dollars.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Even though I don't like sports, sports games are fun. I'm probably no fun to play against though because I don't play correctly. I only do long passes in football or 3 pointers in basketball or slide tackle every second in soccer

The World Cup is the greatest sporting event in the world. Nothing even comes close.

If nothing else, thrill as a player kicks a ball into his own team's goal and faces likely murder if/when he returns home.

The only sport I regularly follow is basketball, but I'm a Pacers fan, so it is a troubling and depressing experience. Never have I seen a team implode so many times. And never as spectacularly as this year.

Roy Hibbert might as well take on guest-starring on Parks and Recreation full time at this point.

Sblargh

Banned
irCcRNi66N5B4.gif

All right.

Sephzilla

Did triple H really used to cut 20 minutes promos or is that an exageration?

I don't remember if it was 20 minutes. But I definitely remember plenty of Raws that opened with HHH talking the entire time, and then boom first commercial break.

It was made worse because 70% of the stuff he said was either pointless or a retread of something he just said.

Thorakai

I'm still amazed at how many people Triple H burried during his reign of terror. So much momentum stopped dead in its tracks.

Sephzilla

No. I'm going to say it is.

It really is.

The two worst cases of things I can think of with American sports off the top of my head are the Dodgers fans who beat the shit out of that one Giants fan, and the Ron Artest brawl in Detroit. Neither of those come anywhere close to some of the bad shit I've seen from soccer games.

When an NFL kicker gets nailed with a flair gun or stadiums have to be emptied because entire groups of people are engaged in brawls, then yeah, it won't be exclusive to soccer anymore.

strobogo

Banned
Roy Hibbert's decline this season has been Miz like... although not totally fair because Miz always sucked.

If nothing else, thrill as a player kicks a ball into his own team's goal and faces likely murder if/when he returns home.

Roy Hibbert might as well take on guest-starring on Parks and Recreation full time at this point.

It's not just Roy. It's the whole team. How they went from dominating until the All Star break, still lucking out to have the best record in the East to getting blown out every other game and likely being put out in the first round of the play offs is just...

iBD9sUkHC1Lvs.gif

The one year it looks like they're finally going to win it all and they completely go off the rails with 2 months to go?

iGEekiF30Itkm.gif

jmdajr

It really is.

The two worst cases of things I can think of with American sports off the top of my head are the Dodgers fans who beat the shit out of that one Giants fan, and the Ron Artest brawl in Detroit. Neither of those come anywhere close to some of the bad shit I've seen from soccer games.

When an NFL kicker gets nailed with a flair gun or stadiums have to be emptied because entire groups of people are engaged in brawls, then yeah, it won't be exclusive to soccer anymore.

Sure people die at NFL and Ball games, but they are usually drunk and die from horsing around.

They don't need any god damn riot shields.

Sephzilla

I'm still amazed at how many people Triple H burried during his reign of terror. So much momentum stopped dead in its tracks.

It's really a good thing that Austin and Rock were as over as they were, it helped keep HHH at least somewhat in check. What happened when Austin and Rock weren't there and HHH got more screen time? We got 2002-2004 era HHH.

Well he sure as hell didn't stop Cena :\

That's because HHH saw someone he could pass the shovel to in order to maintain the legacy.

Sorry, I have yet to see anything from fans of american football come close to shit I've seen happen with world football fans.

Professional wrestling fans are associated with some very nasty things as well. I don't see you distancing yourself away from them.

Video game fans are associated with some very nasty things as well. I don't see you distancing yourself away from them.

etc etc

jmdajr

Professional wrestling fans are associated with some very nasty things as well. I don't see you distancing yourself away from them.

Video game fans are associated with some very nasty things as well. I don't see you distancing yourself away from them.

etc etc

They've started wars between countries????

Sephzilla

etc etc

Wow. Alright, lets really gauge the worst things that come from wrestling fans and video gamers compared to the worst we've seen from soccer hooligans.

It's not just Roy. It's the whole team. How they went from dominating until the All Star break, still lucking out to have the best record in the East to getting blown out every other game and likely being put out in the first round of the play offs is just...The one year it looks like they're finally going to win it all and they completely go off the rails with 2 months to go?

Vogel ran Hibbert, George, etc. into the ground during the season.

Marvel

could never
I live like five minutes from Anfield stadium (Liverpool Football club) I wouldn't dare go to a game just by looking at some of the folk who turn up.

Thousands of people in such a small space? fuck that noise.

I can't even tell who that is at the bottom.

Matt Harvey I think

jred2k

That's just another shooting incident in America that happened to take place at a football arena. The scale of violence, when it happens, is completely disproportionate when you compare soccer and American football.

It was a Brazilian referee, though to be fair the referee did fatally stab a player.

Not picking on you to quote, but when your "To be fair..." involves another dumb act of violence involving the sport, you're kind of just proving the opposing opinion.

They've started wars between countries????

Wow. Alright, lets really gauge the worst things that come from wrestling fans and video gamers compared to the worst we've seen from soccer hooligans.

So you don't watch soccer because its fans are a bunch of dumbasses?

If I enjoy something, why should I care about the rest of the fanbase?

Just seems like a really weird thing to latch on.

I'm not even trying to defend soccer or anything. I'm not a sports guy at all.

XenoRaven

It's not just Roy. It's the whole team. How they went from dominating until the All Star break, still lucking out to have the best record in the East to getting blown out every other game and likely being put out in the first round of the play offs is just...
By the Hawks no less. I feel for you man.

Top Bottom