• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |BO-T| It's hard for a post to become a thread

Sephzilla

So you don't watch soccer because its fans are a bunch of dumbasses?

If I enjoy something, why should I care about the rest of the fanbase?

Just seems like a really weird thing to latch on.

I'm not even trying to defend soccer or anything. I'm not a sports guy at all.

Not only are crazy soccer fans on a completely different higher level of "oh shit this is scary" compared to any other crazy sports fandom in existence, it seems like there are a scarily high amount of crazy soccer fans. Sorry, that's something I don't even want to remotely associate myself with. If you want to watch soccer and enjoy it, more power to you though.

jmdajr

So you don't watch soccer because its fans are a bunch of dumbasses?

If I enjoy something, why should I care about the rest of the fanbase?

Just seems like a really weird thing to latch on.

I'm not even trying to defend soccer or anything. I'm not a sports guy at all.

I've watched Soccer on TV and have gone to Soccer games. By far they are the most misbehaved fans in the world. I don't have a problem with anyone watching it. But the evidence speaks for itself.

I went to a a games here in Houston some years ago. Semi Finals for CONCACAF Gold Cup. No doubt it was the worst behaved crowd I have ever seen.

Sephzilla

The only time baseball was *ever* interesting was during the steroid trials. Honestly, they should allow steroids completely in baseball so we can see huge hulking muscle monsters swing trees around. At the very least, it'd be entertaining.

I wish they'd get steroids out of sports in general, but I've always found it kind of funny how we'll crucify baseball players for using steroids but if an NFL player gets busted for the exact same thing the first question everyone asks is "when will he be back?"

Not picking on you to quote, but when your "To be fair..." involves another dumb act of violence involving the sport, you're kind of just proving the opposing opinion.

Eh. You can abstract that Brazilian referee story to "guy kills guy, second guy's friends take revenge" and wouldn't lose the essence of the story. There is a myriad other explanations for why there's violence on the periphery of soccer vs. American football that don't have anything to do with the actual games.

And I say this as someone who can't stand watching soccer.

Heel

The only time baseball was *ever* interesting was during the steroid trials. Honestly, they should allow steroids completely in baseball so we can see huge hulking muscle monsters swing trees around. At the very least, it'd be entertaining.

Couldn't agree more, friend. Sports need less worrying about "the children" and more hitting baseballs to the moon.

jmdajr

I wish they'd get steroids out of sports in general, but I've always found it kind of funny how we'll crucify baseball players for using steroids but if an NFL player gets busted for the exact same thing the first question everyone asks is "when will he be back?"

We should get steroids into soccer, but some countries probbaly can't afford them.

Couldn't agree more, friend. Sports need less worrying about "the children" and more hitting baseballs to the moon.

Imagine someone swings a redwood at a slider, and before it can even leave the ballpark another musclefiend leaps 30 feet into the air and cathes it with his mouth, then flexes in celebration.

On the way down to the ground.

Fuck man, just make me the commissioner for the Steroid League.

jmdajr

6eec27dcd12111e3a91a24be05959ce0_8.jpg

somedevil

I'm reading the Impact spoilers and my question is what happened to Austin Aries and Samoa Joe?

It seems Aries is in the doghouse and I wonder if they are keeping him that way till his contract runs out. Samoa Joe not sure whats happening there.

jred2k

I'm reading the Impact spoilers and my question is what happened to Austin Aries and Samoa Joe?

It seems Aries is in the doghouse and I wonder if they are keeping him that way till his contract runs out. Samoa Joe not sure whats happening there.

Is Joe still injured? Maybe he realized he can get more viewers on Twitch and is just going to do that.

Aries probably sees AJ Styles having a good run on the indies and NJPW and wants to be there instead.

Heel

Imagine someone swings a redwood at a slider, and before it can even leave the ballpark another musclefiend leaps 30 feet into the air and cathes it with his mouth, then flexes in celebration.

On the way down to the ground.

Fuck man, just make me the commissioner for the Steroid League.

Nolan Ryan IV pitching a 15 inning no hitter throwing 140 mph screwballs. Woke up the next morning and wrapped a single ice cube around his shoulder to prepare for his next game that evening.

somedevil

Is Joe still injured? Maybe he realized he can get more viewers on Twitch and is just going to do that.

Aries probably sees AJ Styles having a good run on the indies and NJPW and wants to be there instead.

It seems to be a personal issue but not sure if he doing a CM Punk thing right now. Aries had a blow up backstage and it seems after that they are still punishing him. They got MVP to beat him and during the next 3 weeks of tapings all he did was an xplosion match.

edit: They better have Aries and Joe ready for those New York tapings because that could get ugly if both are not there

I think Joe still isn't cleared from his concussion. Aries blew up at somebody and is being punished for it. It seems like an inopportune time to do so considering they have so few believable main eventers .

Each team employs a team of scientists looking for the next breakthrough, and a team of spies that attempt to steal steroid trade secrets from the other teams.

Imagine the storylines, Beef.

All the teams in the US would have rivalries, but then the Olympics come around and it is revealed that the Russians have somehow obtained their own monster league.

The merch sales would be as astronomical as the size of Roger Clemens IX's biceps.

Sephzilla

All the teams in the US would have rivalries, but then the Olympics come around and it is revealed that the Russians have somehow obtained their own monster league.

The merch sales would be as astronomical as the size of Roger Clemens IX's biceps.

Wow. Genuine out loud laughs were achieved with this.

Heel

There would likely be a 19 year old Japanese phenom who does a front flip before releasing his fastball, becoming the first pitcher to break the sound barrier.

There would likely be a 19 year old Japanese phenom who does a front flip before releasing his fastball, becoming the first pitcher to break the sound barrier.

After a heated 3-day overtime game, a rookie from Massachusetts steps up to the plate and swings his petrified oak earlier than usual. He noticed that the Japanese phenom had a tell, and adjusted his swing accordingly. That point would allow the US to obtain the gold, and would also open up friendly discussions between the two nations about how to further improve on the Super Serum.

Heel

After a heated 3-day overtime game, a rookie from Massachusetts steps up to the plate and swings his petrified oak earlier than usual. He noticed that the Japanese phenom had a tell, and adjusted his swing accordingly. That point would allow the US to obtain the gold, and would also open up friendly discussions between the two nations about how to further improve on the Super Serum.

"I hate to give it away, but my secret to beating Nomo X is swinging before he even moves. Switching from a 800 year old California Sequoia to a lighter petrified oak helped me achieve the bat speed I needed." - Chipper Jones VIII, while flexing

Sephzilla

"I hate to give it away, but my secret to beating Nomo X is swinging before he even moves. Switching from a 800 year old California Sequoia to a lighter petrified oak helped me achieve the bat speed I needed." - Chipper Jones VIII, while flexing

dead

Truly an inspirational story for any young up and comer.

Vylash

Joe apparently had a concussion, but then he went on twitter and said it wasn't true...so nobody knows! We haven't seen him since he choked out the world champion Eric Young

Top Bottom