• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |BO-T| It's hard for a post to become a thread

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Muscle_baseball_girl_by_RENtb.png

baseball-gif-guy-stunt-543111.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You can't think like that, because that is a valid and right response for 80% of situations in wrestling and once you go down that path, it is ruined forever.

There's a line between suspended belief and goofy cartoon shit. That shit fell right out of Chikara.

Alucard

Banned
I saw that too. If I order one it will be the New York card. Court Bauer said how the matches were booked were due to New Japan.

That's too bad. The Global Wars show has like 1.5 interpromotional matches, and the rest are regular ROH and NJPW matches. With tons of tags. I'm hopeful we'll see the best tag matches in North American history. Heh.

darkbanjo

There are different styles of wrestling that are totally valid. You wouldn't put that spot in a super-serious match like Taker vs. Lesnar but when it's Bryan vs. Kidd on a wrestling show that's specifically intended to be light-hearted and family-friendly, what's the issue? It's a super reductive way of looking at things to suggest that something like that hasn't got any place in wrasslin'.

This Google Now activity monitor is pretty cool, apparently I walk for a cumulative 23 hours in April. I feel like I got the same experience as Strobogo's Italian vacation for a fraction of the cost.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
When you book a show like DDT, you associate those wrestlers with being in comedy spots. In their world, that is how they wrestle. I disagree with it, but it makes more sense than having a show using the same wrestlers who are saying 'I'm going to end you' on one show then coming to the ring and having a match that's nothing but comedy spots.

darkbanjo

When you book a show like DDT, you associate those wrestlers with being in comedy spots. In their world, that is how they wrestle. I disagree with it, but it makes more sense than having a show using the same wrestlers who are saying 'I'm going to end you' on one show then coming to the ring and having a match that's nothing but comedy spots.

I hear what you're saying, but considering the sort of talent that were showing up on Saturday Morning Slam, I don't think it's too far out of character.

Eventually, this is where I hope WWE take the Network. Raw and Smackdown can be showcase shows on TV, then on the Network there's a few speciality 'brands' that cater to different styles with different rosters, that then can show up on Raw and Smackdown as and when necessary. Imagine Regal booking a brand that's inspired by all the old comedy he goes nuts for and British wrestling, then having Dutch book something more serious and instigating the sort of riots that Ring Ka King got going. It would be so dope.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Well then.

Pardon me for a second while I walk on back over to the April thread...

This is why it was so amazing. Saturday Morning Slam was the best. Filming new episodes for The Network would be great since they'd have to do less editing, but could have a whole show dedicated to comedy gold.

You have a foot fetish brah? :(

Zach

Starrcade '83: A Flair for the Gold - B
Starrcade '84: The Million Dollar Challenge - C
WrestleMania - B-
The Wrestling Classic - D+
Starrcade '85: The Gathering - C
WrestleMania 2 - C+
The Big Event - C-
Starrcade '86: The Sky Walkers - C+
WrestleMania III - B-
Starrcade '87: Chi-Town Heat - C+