• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |BO-T| It's hard for a post to become a thread

Ithil

rkzwa1q3zzqs.jpg

Scorpion Crosslock, Muta Lock, Crossface, seems like submissions are the way they're going for the NXT Divas. I approve of Sasha's new finisher combo, looks slick.

Bayley/Sasha had a better match than Natalya/Layla, too. Nattie coasts too much.

Alucard

Banned
Tuning back in. Watching Roode vs. Gunner.

And Knux is leading a legit old-school carnie group called The Menagerie? I'm in to see how it comes off on screen.

strobogo

Banned
UUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG Jimmy Hart is like a 14 year old girl. Such a whiny bitch. He's exactly how I'd imagine him to be in real life.

Gene's arm makes me super uncomfortable. That's a serious problem brewing there. I hope he has had it checked out since then.

jred2k

rkzwa1q3zzqs.jpg

Scorpion Crosslock, Muta Lock, Crossface, seems like submissions are the way they're going for the NXT Divas. I approve of Sasha's new finisher combo, looks slick.

Bayley/Sasha had a better match than Natalya/Layla, too. Nattie coasts too much.

That Natalya match makes me think she's the female Cena. When she has a good opponent she can put on a good match, but she's incapable of elevating someone who's average.

Holy shit is Brodus wearing blackface? I'm legit loling here.

And maybe I'm just noticing it more, but the announcer (forget his name) is being really sure to call finishers by their name. Fits that story that was posted a day or two ago about them wanting to focus more on that for trademarking.

strobogo

Banned
I also worked with a Southern woman who was probably around the same age as Tony Atlas and she acted just like him. Everyone is out to get her and when she feels slighted in the least, she does the pouty, my opinions don't matter so I'm not going to say them bullshit.

Ithil

That Natalya match makes me think she's the female Cena. When she has a good opponent she can put on a good match, but she's incapable of elevating someone who's average.

Holy shit is Brodus wearing blackface? I'm legit loling here.

I will say Natalya had a real good match with Kaitlyn on NXT last year, when Kaitlyn was Divas champion. So she can carry, sometimes, but she went for a mat wrestling based match then, which is what she knows. Her version of the "WWE style" TV match is dull.

Alucard

Banned
Roode vs. EY for the TV main event? I'm down.

Dixie is awful. And Velvet Sky can't act. Thank goodness for her other assets.

strobogo

Banned
Roode vs. EY for the TV main event? I'm down.

Dixie is awful. And Velvet Sky can't act. Thank goodness for her other assets.

Velvet is not hot. She's an average white girl that goes to the gym. The idea that she's been presented as this incredible specimen for years blows my mind. She's an average looking girl, on the white trash side of things, but she goes to the gym.

Alucard

Banned
Yeah, he actually improved a lot after hes first run in TNA.

But the impact zone is poison.

It must get bland after a while just watching the same performers again and again. So I kind of understand why the Thursday crowd usually sucks, but it's still frustrating and depressing to see how they can barely muster up any enthusiasm for anything.

Also, Dixie sucks.

Alucard

Banned
Velvet is not hot. She's an average white girl that goes to the gym. The idea that she's been presented as this incredible specimen for years blows my mind. She's an average looking girl, on the white trash side of things, but she goes to the gym.

Works for me. Her ring entrance...hnnnnnnng!

Alucard

Banned
On James Storm vs. Willow now. A couple of notes:

-Storm knows how to be a heel and doesn't try to get fans to cheer him to be a "cool" heel
-Willow's fish eye lens entrance is pretty unique...a shame they didn't use it this week

Had a great workout today, and, I swear it’s almost entirely due to 80s montage music. Next I’m going make a playlist exclusively of WWF/E themes.

Getting back into wrestling in general has improved my motivate/desire to get in shape and my focus. I'm a lot, lot happier. I shared this with two friends and one was cool but the other was like LOL wrestling :(

Now, I'm a bit hesitant to tell people. I keep having to dodging the question about what my plans are on Sunday because I don't want to say Extreme Rules. Anyone else have that problem?

Vylash

Had a great workout today, and, I swear it’s almost entirely due to 80s montage music. Next I’m going make a playlist exclusively of WWF/E themes.

Getting back into wrestling in general has improved my motivate/desire to get in shape and my focus. I'm a lot, lot happier. I shared this with two friends and one was cool but the other was like LOL wrestling :(

Now, I'm a bit hesitant to tell people. I keep having to dodging the question about what my plans are on Sunday because I don't want to say Extreme Rules. Anyone else have that problem?
Who cares what people think, own your hobby

strobogo

Banned

We all have that problem. Only 2 or 3 are open with their sexuality love of wrestling

Alucard

Banned

I'm with you on the motivation to work out and get into good shape. Wrestling is very motivational. Sadly, it's just not really understood or respected by the majority of the mainstream public.

Sephzilla

who gives a fuck what they think

Alucard

Banned
DJ Z is in good shape too. Heh.

I love The BroMans trying to sell their 3-on-2 advantage as actually being a disadvantage. LOL. "The numbers game messed with out heads, man!"

Wolves teaming with Sanada? Nice.

I wish TNA crowds were more into Gunner. The guy works so damn hard in the ring.
Yeah, I like him okay. Definitely improved from when i first saw him

Yeah I got a few friends that go LOL wrestling but it's like whatever so y'know, fuck 'em

Striker

On James Storm vs. Willow now. A couple of notes:

-Storm knows how to be a heel and doesn't try to get fans to cheer him to be a "cool" heel
Way too many heels today do that, or something along those lines. I saw JR ranted about bad heels in today's shows, and he's right.

Top Bottom