• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |BO-T| It's hard for a post to become a thread

PInk Tape

Banned
ibepygjKMz4Qvk.gif

Yep. That was pretty rough to see; hopefully Brodus can get more wrestling training in and improve.

My man Cody...

It seems that #TeamHayter just got a tad more dashing...

Had a great workout today, and, I swear it’s almost entirely due to 80s montage music. Next I’m going make a playlist exclusively of WWF/E themes.

Getting back into wrestling in general has improved my motivate/desire to get in shape and my focus. I'm a lot, lot happier. I shared this with two friends and one was cool but the other was like LOL wrestling :(

Now, I'm a bit hesitant to tell people. I keep having to dodging the question about what my plans are on Sunday because I don't want to say Extreme Rules. Anyone else have that problem?

It's good to hear that wrestling has influenced you in a positive way and that you're a lot happier. But to echo the people of this thread, it shouldn't matter to you what people think of your interests. I was the same way a long time ago because I didn't tell people that I liked wrestling because I was afraid they'd judge me in a negative light or thought I was watching just to see attractive guys in spandex (I mean, who doesn't? :p) but once I got over that anxiety I felt a lot better. So I would suggest to stop being self conscious about these sorts of things because once you aren't you'll feel a lot better and even a bit more confident in yourself.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Had a great workout today, and, I swear it’s almost entirely due to 80s montage music. Next I’m going make a playlist exclusively of WWF/E themes.

Getting back into wrestling in general has improved my motivate/desire to get in shape and my focus. I'm a lot, lot happier. I shared this with two friends and one was cool but the other was like LOL wrestling :(

Now, I'm a bit hesitant to tell people. I keep having to dodging the question about what my plans are on Sunday because I don't want to say Extreme Rules. Anyone else have that problem?
No one is questioning what I'm doing this weekend :/

Also, this is my first Network PPV. It's going to be the highlight of my 3 day weekend and Tne card isn't even great.

My new job is pretty streneous. I feel motivated to get fit myself. Maybe try DDP Yoga.

Edgeward

I thought for sure Bayley was gonna win and suffer a loss to Charlotte later but they surprised me with Banks win. That was both wrestler's best matches i have seen on nxt.

And Alexa Bliss is in the tourney. Yeeessss. Hype train starts here

Sblargh

Banned
I thought for sure Bayley was gonna win and suffer a loss to Charlotte later but they surprised me with Banks win. That was both wrestler's best matches i have seen on nxt.

And Alexa Bliss is in the tourney. Yeeessss. Hype train starts here

I wanted her to win, but as far as pushes go, it could really go either way. Sasha banks probably needs the win more, tho, since people already believe Bayley can wrassle.

I've transcribed Cena's cryptic backstage promo to see if anyone here can help me glean any info or clues about his sudden change in attitude or the cage match this Sunday.

- "First things first, ma'am, sorry. I didn't know how to feel after seeing a children's choir in sheep masks. It just didn't sit well with me. But it just proves me right about Bray Wyatt; he'll go to great lengths to manipulate and keep sending his message. But more importantly, you know, I was wrong about something tonight, and I'm happy I was and it's because of Bray Wyatt - I got so caught up in his mind games. I went out today on Monday Night Raw and I thought the WWE Universe had turned its back on me. I'm proud to know that they haven't. Yeah, I was out there and we were having fun, 'Let's go Cena', 'Cena Sucks', but there was noise, there was excitement, there was passion and passion is hope and hope is fight and nobody knows fight like John Cena!
You tell Bray Wyatt this Sunday the mind games stop, I'm going to put an end to this mess! Oh-ho-ho, I got special plans for Bray at the pay-per-view, special plans this Sunday! I'm gonna get 'em a gift, you know what I'm gonna do?! I'm gonna buy 'em a mule. Oh that's right, a donkey. A full grown burro! I'mma pay top dollar for it - I'mma teach it ta' sing! He can name it, we'll call it Gluteus - and he can bring it to the ring. Him and his brand new donkey friend can waltz on down to the steel cage! And I hope he remembers that donkey because if he doesn't - uncomfortable pay-per-view for Bray Wyatt! They're gonna be singin' their favorite song,
"We got the whole world, in his hands"
But that is the last time he will sing that song because this Sunday Bray Wyatt will not have the whole world in his hands, he'll have my fist in his face and my foot in his ass!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl6hrtIV_dA

Holy shite, now I get it. Gluteus the donkey was incorporated into his promo solely for the purpose of being able to say, "my foot in his ass" because it's a play on words. Ass means donkey and so even though he meant Bray's pasty white ass, to the sponsors and Mattel Toys he can say, "No, I meant my foot in his pet donkey, Gluteus! That's a smart man. If I recall correctly, CM Punk did something similar with the word, 'bitch'.

Aiii

So not worth it
Cena is just not the best actor, as we well know. I think the idea was simple, he was legit shook by the choir, had to take a few hours alone in his lockerroom to compose himself and then came out and put on a brave face, but his resolve is supposed to be wavering so he can overcome and return in full force on the PPV, where he beats Bray all the way back to his Husky Harris gimmick.

Sblargh

Banned
I've transcribed Cena's cryptic backstage promo to see if anyone here can help me glean any info or clues about his sudden change in attitude or the cage match this Sunday.

- "First things first, ma'am, sorry. I didn't know how to feel after seeing a children's choir in sheep masks. It just didn't sit well with me. But it just proves me right about Bray Wyatt; he'll go to great lengths to manipulate and keep sending his message. But more importantly, you know, I was wrong about something tonight, and I'm happy I was and it's because of Bray Wyatt - I got so caught up in his mind games. I went out today on Monday Night Raw and I thought the WWE Universe had turned its back on me. I'm proud to know that they haven't. Yeah, I was out there and we were having fun, 'Let's go Cena', 'Cena Sucks', but there was noise, there was excitement, there was passion and passion is hope and hope is fight and nobody knows fight like John Cena!
You tell Bray Wyatt this Sunday the mind games stop, I'm going to put an end to this mess! Oh-ho-ho, I got special plans for Bray at the pay-per-view, special plans this Sunday! I'm gonna get 'em a gift, you know what I'm gonna do?! I'm gonna buy 'em a mule. Oh that's right, a donkey. A full grown burro! I'mma pay top dollar for it - I'mma teach it ta' sing! He can name it, we'll call it Gluteus - and he can bring it to the ring. Him and his brand new donkey friend can waltz on down to the steel cage! And I hope he remembers that donkey because if he doesn't - uncomfortable pay-per-view for Bray Wyatt! They're gonna be singin' their favorite song,
"We got the whole world, in his hands"
But that is the last time he will sing that song because this Sunday Bray Wyatt will not have the whole world in his hands, he'll have my fist in his face and my foot in his ass!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl6hrtIV_dA

Holy shite, now I get it. Gluteus the donkey was incorporated into his promo solely for the purpose of being able to say, "my foot in his ass" because it's a play on words. Ass means donkey and so even though he meant Bray's pasty white ass, to the sponsors and Mattel Toys he can say, "No, I meant my foot in his pet donkey, Gluteus! That's a smart man. If I recall correctly, CM Punk did something similar with the word, 'bitch'.

So he made a convoluted story about how he will buy someone a donkey just to kick it so the show can remain PG? Kicking other people's pet is ok now?

Also, punch to the face is an ilegal move. Heel turn incoming.

Aiii

So not worth it
Has it been a month already? It doesn't seem much has changed in WWE since Mania, but then again it has. Paige is now in WWE (yay). Cesaro is being pushed as a big deal by being associated by the manager of THE GUY THAT BEAT THE UNDERTAKERS STREAK and Kane is getting a title shot in 2014 and we got a HOLE IN THE RING OMG SOMEONE IS BEING DRAGGED TO HELL SPOT. Ugh. I can't. Well, prediction time is here anyways.

20140428_ToritoSwog_Homepage.jpg

Pre-Show Wee-LC Match: El Torito vs Hornswoggle:
It's a shame El Torito doesn't just get to wrestle adults, he has the skill to make that entertaining and somewhat believable and Hornswoggle used to do it, so hopefully that's in the future. This might be legit the match I'm looking forward to the most for Extreme Rules, I have yet to decide wether that is good or bad. Regardless, I can't wait to see Hornswoggle get beaten to a pulp with a mini-ladder. The fact that this is a pre-show match has me worried on the level of violence they are gonna put into this match, but come on, it's MIDGET WRESTLING AND TLC, that's just about two of the best things ever all rolled into one match. El Torito wins, because El Torito is the future and Hornswoggle is in 3.5MB.

20140428_RobVanDamCeasaroSwagger_Homepage.jpg

Triple Threat: Rob Dam Van vs. Cesaro vs. Jack Swagger
Obviously a filler match intended to put over Cesaro. I have been thoroughly enjoying Paul Heyman vs. Zeb Colter, they should continue that feud for a while, but maybe replace Swagger with someone more interesting for Cesaro. The "debate" they did on Smackdown last week was awesome, from Paul Heyman filling minutes on end with saying Brock Lesnar beat Taker to Zeb losing his mind, it was ALL GREAT AND I NEED MORE OF IT! FOREVER! FOOOREEEVEEER! Regardless, match should be fine, Cesaro and Swagger should be able to get a decent match out of RVD. Obviously it would make no sense for Cesaro to lose this match, he's going to the Main Event, the other two are lower midcard for life.

20140421_ER_RTruth_Woods_Rusev_LIGHT_HP.jpg

Handicap Match: R-Truth and Xavier Woods vs. Alexander Rusev
The only things I love about Rusev is Lana and his theme song. Todd Martin on F4W Live said it best when he said that Lana has both the least revealing outfit and the most sexy, I said damn! Lana is gonna be the breakout star out of this act mark my words, and she deserves it #TeamLana. Anyways, onto the match, team Black Jobbers got the upper hand over Rusev in the build to this match and that was the dumbest thing WWE has done in a month where a lot of dumb things were done. Rusev is a beast, Woods and Truth are jobbers, he should NOT EVER be beaten down by them. They can hit him, but he should laugh it off and kill them right away, but because this creative team sucks and can't think of anything but "guys beat down guy, sign match" build-up to a match, here we are. Rusev murders these fools. Also, why was Xavier Woods called up to the main roster and given Brodus' theme song if they weren't ever going to do anything with him anyways? It can't just be "he has a phd", right?

20140414_ER_MATCHES_LIGHT_HP_divas.jpg

Divas Championship: Paige(c) vs. Tamina
I love Paige. She is great and I like that she was the one to finally conquer AJ's title reign. Good on WWE for going that route. They have done a decent job at building up Paige as legitimate threat since then, but it would have been better if they actually gave her some promo time on Raw. There was a good interview segment on Smackdown, but it would have been better for Paige had it been on Raw. Regardless, I can see the crowd get behind her big once they put her in a big program. I don't think Tamina was the best choice for her first PPV match, they should have given that spot to Natalya. Tamina is very wooden in her in-ring work and is certainly among the lower tier due to botching way too much (natalyathroatsuperkick.gif) for my taste. On the other hand, Tamina is pushed as the strongest Diva in WWE right now and a clean decisive win over her in kayfabe is a pretty big deal. Of course there is no way this match ends without Paige retaining with her submission and that's exactly how it should be. Build up that submission for the AJ feud and make the rubber match of that feud a submission match, should go over big if they play their cards right. On a sidenote, Del Rey has obviously been pushing all the women to come up with submission finishers, because she realises that makes more sense for these women than powermoves. I know people complain that Del Rey should be wrestling, but I think she chose the trainer position herself and by God, she is great at it. The level of increase in the workrate of all the women on the roster and esp. the ones in NXT is astounding. Not enough praise can be given to this woman.

20140428_ExtremeBigEBad_Homepage.jpg

Intercontinental Title: Big E(c) vs. Bad News Barrett
I love that they did a tournament for a title shot. For once WWE has remembered that titles are supposed to be a big deal and becoming the #1 contender to a title should not always be "beat title holder in non-title match and get title shot." Unfortunatly this didn't mean they could have Big E win all his matches going into the PPV, nope, that would have been too logical. So since there are so many lurkers of WrassleGAF and one of them is bound to be a WWE employee charged with scouring the internet for the opinions of the WWE Universe, once and for all: BOOK YOUR CHAMPIONS STRONG AT ALL TIMES AND MAKE #1 CONTENDERS LOOK STRONG BY BEATING OTHER PEOPLE TO EARN A TITLE SHOT. Do this and suddenly your titles will matter, your champions will matter and people will give a fuck about matches between two people for a title. As it is, I give zero shits about this match and I want Bad News Barrett to lose. Not because I don't want him to win a title and be a big deal, but because winning this belt means HE IS GOING TO BE LOSING ALL THE TIME and that is a bad thing. So yeah, fix that and we're golden. Regardless of what I want, Big E seems to be on the outs and BNB seems to be the hot thing right now, so Barrett becomes the new IC Champ.

20140414_ER_Cena_Bray_LIGHT_HP.jpg

Steel Cage Match: Bray Wyatt vs. John Cena
I have no idea what to make of this. Certainly, Wyatt has benefitted greatly from this program. Despite John Cena's best effort to undermine Bray with silly promo's, Bray has stood his ground and gotten his gimmick over immensely by being in a high profile program. The whole crowd is in his hands and his gimmick is going to be going places for a while. Good on him, it's a shame they already went Bryan vs. Bray in January, because if they had done that angle now, with Bryan as champion and after being John Cena one on one that would have been a money feud that could have gone a long time. But alas, Bray needs to win this one, but with the way the angle has been done there's just no way they can end this feud without John Cena overcoming the odds and vindicating the children. So John Cena wins
lol
:(

20140415_ER_DB_KANE_LIGHT_HP.jpg

WWE World Heavyweight Championship: Daniel Bryan (c) vs. Kane
Ugh. This match. Bryan retains.

20140414_ER_MATCHES_LIGHT_HP.jpg

The Shield vs. Evolution
EVOLUTION IS A MYSTERY, TWO GUYS NOBODY EVER WANTED TO SEE. Batista is a terrible wrestler in 2014. Orton has been a boring wrestler for the better part of a decade now. Triple H is great. The Shield is amazing. If anyone is going to get a good match out of Evolution it will be Seth Rollins, truely the MVP of The Shield. Also quite impressed with his recent promo work. Ambrose is a better face than expected, his assault on Maddox was amazing, more of that Ambrose please. This will be the first main event match for The Shield on PPV I think and that is well deserved given how they are generally the best match on any PPV they're on (except for the squash at Mania I suppose), I am very happy they weren't broken up yet and get to continue to do this for a while. Still, the WWE will want to put over Reigns most in this match, so I expect him to pin Orton for the win. Shield beats Evolution.

After two years where Extreme Rules was much better than Mania, it was inevitable that streak was going to end sometime. With Mania 30 being one of the best ones in years and one of the best ones overall imo, that would have been a hard thing to do anyways. Bryan not having a decent program is understandable given his real life problems, so I'll give them a pass on doing Kane vs. Bryan. I can't give them a pass for doing a Rusev squash on PPV. I hated it when they did that for Ryback too, PPV's should not have squash or unanounced throwaway matches, ever! Cesaro should hopefully be moving up soon, I would pick him for the next feud with Bryan, but I'm not sure if they'll go that route just yet. Anyways, shouldn't be a great show by any means, but some matches should be entertaining enough, Extreme Rules 2014 feels like a filler PPV before kicking off proper new programs, so lets hope that starts on Monday.

Not only name changes but I think Buff Hulk Ammo setting new avatar records as well, I'll refresh and there's something new going on brother, the Wade Barrett entrance theme of posters.

Cena is just not the best actor, as we well know. I think the idea was simple, he was legit shook by the choir, had to take a few hours alone in his lockerroom to compose himself and then came out and put on a brave face, but his resolve is supposed to be wavering so he can overcome and return in full force on the PPV, where he beats Bray all the way back to his Husky Harris gimmick.

This makes me envision a scenario where Bray gets attitude adjusted so hard into canvas that his beard billows off in the impact wind, his attire disintegrates back down to his trunks and then his gut pops out that bit further leaving him in defeated Husky form.

Was thinkin, I hope WWE does something with George Groves during RAW in London. That whole upcoming fight of his is aping WWEs style in it build up - would be interesting for him to do something on the actual WWE product.

Alucard

Banned
Cena's promo was awful. And his attempt at being Yoda with the "passion means hope! And hope means fight!" made zeeeeero sense whatsoever.

El Torito vs Hornswoggle is much anticipated. One step closer to 3MB being on a PPV. Kane is dogshit. Can't believe he is in another main event feud. They are trying everything to ruin Bryan's momentum.....

So I'm trying to do some late studying for a test using a Google doc posted on the class' FB group, but some cunt(s?) completely sabotaged it.

Thankfully I had the foresight to save it beforehand, and some #CHICK also posted images of the original on the group also.

But seriously, what kind of pathetic piece of shit would do such a thing?

Alucard

Banned
So I'm trying to do some late studying for a test using a Google doc posted on the class' FB group, but some cunt(s?) completely sabotaged it.

Thankfully I had the foresight to save it beforehand, and some #CHICK also posted images of the original on the group also.

But seriously, what kind of pathetic piece of shit would do such a thing?

How was it sabotaged?

Ithil

I wanted her to win, but as far as pushes go, it could really go either way. Sasha banks probably needs the win more, tho, since people already believe Bayley can wrassle.

They're inevitably going to want a heel champion for a while so I didn't think Bayley was advancing. I would hope she's the next face champion after the tournament winner, though.

Aiii

So not worth it
LoL. Would they be nicer if it was say, Koko B. ware?

And is the winning commercial actually going to air on TV?

Honestly I don't think these old guys are capable of being nice. Except for Howard Finkel, that guy is way too nice for his own good. But they're all in-character 24/7, so it's very hard to tell where their character ends and their real personalities begin. Especially Roddy, I think that guy is Rowdy Roddy Piper all damn day.

As for the commercial, I don't know. I think it was done for the program, but if I was either one of those companies I would be airing the fuck out of it if they allowed it, they were great! Rhett and Link were right though, bad commercials are much better as local commercials.

Top Bottom