• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |BO-T| It's hard for a post to become a thread

"@NickJacksonYB: Just got back from a great sponsored dinner. A fan begged to be double super kicked by us. So we gave in and homeboy paid the price."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3f25GVBWK6M

Bucks.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You wanna talk about exposing the business, the NWA Backstage vids, had they been widely circulated at the time, my goodness.

somedevil

Man that young bucks gif is amazing.

Also, pwinsider news about Devitt:

Prince Devitt is done with New Japan Pro Wrestling and still has a standing offer from WWE. It's said that Devitt joining WWE isn't a "dead issue" yet.

This sounds like non news. What ever he is doing he his keeping it a secret.

Bandini

Just watched the end of Bash at the Beach '96 for the first time. Man, just crazy how much heat Hogan drew with those leg drops. The ring looked like a landfill by the end of the segment. Were Nash and Hall really that hated?

There was an exchange a few pages back where radical WWE stooge, Ithil, attempted to school beloved, openminded wrestling sage, Bootaaay, on Adrian Neville. I'm only highlighting it here because it brought me great amusement and I wanted to thank both parties involved.

It also marks the point where Ithil took his raving WWE apologist gimmick over the edge. Why would he argue with Bootaaay? Because he loves WWE so much that he can't see reason? Because he wants to put a moratorium on any discussion of Neville's pre-WWE flippy past? Because it's an Ireland vs. England thing?

I don't know. I used to dislike Ithil's gimmick posts but I think he's fully embraced it now and is taking it to new comedic heights. Kudos to you, Ithil.

Ithil

Man that young bucks gif is amazing.

Also, pwinsider news about Devitt:

This sounds like non news. What ever he is doing he his keeping it a secret.

Sounds like he's taking a few months to do whatever he likes on the indies and have fun, before signing.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
Wrestling Dontaku tomorrow, who's in?

NJPW, "WRESTLING DONTAKU", 2014.05.03
Fukuoka International Center

http://www.ustream.tv/njpw - $25

| 17:00 Japan | 10:00 EU | 09:00 UK | 04:00 East Coast | 01:00 West Coast |

*note, the pre-show match begins 20 minutes before the start times.

0. Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Tiger Mask, KUSHIDA & Yohei Komatsu vs Captain New Japan, Mascara Dorada, El Desperado & BUSHI
1. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Titles: The Young Bucks (Nick & Matt Jackson) © vs Forever Hooligans (Rocky Romero & Alex Koslov)
2. CHAOS (Shinsuke Nakamura & Toru Yano) vs Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki & Shelton Benjamin)
3. NWA World Heavyweight Title: Satoshi Kojima © vs Wes Brisco
4. Yuji Nagata & Manabu Nakanishi vs Hirooki Goto & Katsuyori Shibata
5. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title: Kota Ibushi © vs Ryusuke Taguchi
6. NEVER Openweight Title: Tomohiro Ishii © vs Tomoaki Honma
7. Hiroshi Tanahashi, Togi Makabe, Jushin Liger & Tetsuya Naito vs Bullet Club (Karl Anderson, Doc Gallows, Bad Luck Fale & Tama Tonga)
8. Pro-Wrestling vs Jujitsu: Shinsuke Nakamura & Kazushi Sakuraba vs Daniel & Rolles Gracie
9. IWGP World Heavyweight Title: Kazuchika Okada © vs AJ Styles

Crazy that Ishii vs Honma is the match I'm most looking forward to on the card. I'm sure Okada vs AJ will deliver and the jr. title match is a good chance for Taguchi to remind people why they should give a damn about him again. Bucks vs Hooligans should be good and that 8-man tag. Not looking forward to the Gracies shit, though.

I'll be watching. Really glad Ishii is NEVER champ. He's really making that title worth something. Looking forward to that match of his against Honma the most too.

The rest of the card looks pretty fun, save for the Gracie match. Hopefully Nakamura Bomayes the Gracies out of NJPW but I doubt it.

Hasney

Ugh, fucking Starrcade '97. My memory was a decent match with an amazing build-up with Sting bringing the title home. Actuality was a terrible match with the stupidest finish I think I've ever see.... And I've seen most of Russo's WCW output.

Toki767

I think the rumor or consensus at the time was that Hogan paid off Nick Patrick to not do a fast count which made Bret Hart coming out and claiming it was a fast count look stupid.

Hasney

I think the rumor or consensus at the time was that Hogan paid off Nick Patrick to not do a fast count which made Bret Hart coming out and claiming it was a fast count look stupid.

Just found a 2010 interview with him where he said this:

"I believe what had happened was that I got conflicting stories about what they wanted me to do. I had one faction telling me they wanted one thing from me. I had another faction telling me they wanted another thing from me. So I kind of split it down the middle. Now I remember exactly the scenario. So that’s what happened out of that deal."

Ithil

Nick Patrick has claimed it's not the case, and that he was told alternatively by different parties in management to do a fast count, or do a normal count, and the last one he heard was normal count.

EDIT: Yeah, what he said.

I don't know what you're referring to.

John Cena's war crate exposing the business with its shittyness. That STF, for instance. Weakest in the game.

The rest of the card looks pretty fun, save for the Gracie match. Hopefully Nakamura Bomayes the Gracies out of NJPW but I doubt it.

I have a feeling Daniel Gracie will pin Shinsuke to set up a singles match between the two, as Daniel beat Nakamura in an MMA fight a decade or so ago.

Aiii

So not worth it
They just anounced both Paige and AJ for WWE Live in Rotterdam on the 24th, so it looks like they are getting around to do that feud right after Extreme Rules.

We're also getting Daniel Bryan vs. Orton and The Shield vs. Rybaxel and Kane for what that's worth.

And:
Rob Van Dam
Big E
The Miz
Bad News Barrett
Cody Rhodes
Goldust
Jack Swagger met Zeb Colter
Santino Marella
Emma
Fandango
Layla
Alexander Rusev met Lana

Pretty good line-up all around, I am well pleased.

jred2k

The people that work for WWE.com must really enjoy their jobs. It seems like they are basically getting paid to fantasy book.

Top Bottom