• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |BO-T| It's hard for a post to become a thread

iA2nbG1oxHgg1.gif

No theatrics, no fancy shit, the working man's elbow.

And here's Batista's one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9ErmlRN0dU

Thanks for all the encouragement wrasslin-gaf! Gonna (wo)man up :)

On topic, really looking forward to Extreme Rules. Several of the matches have the potential to be really good or even great. Really become a huge fan of Paige in the last few weeks hoping she retains the title (though I don't see why they'd ever give it to Tamina). Odds that AJ makes (some kind of) an appearance?

On topic, really looking forward to Extreme Rules. Several of the matches have the potential to be really good or even great. Really become a huge fan of Paige in the last few weeks hoping she retains the title (though I don't see why they'd ever give it to Tamina). Odds that AJ makes (some kind of) an appearance?
none, probably, but odds of appearing on RAW are super high i think

Zero. She's pregnant and can't take bumps. Sorry.

Vylash

She'll be back post Extreme Rules, but not Sunday

Zero. She's pregnant and can't take bumps. Sorry.

tumblr_n41461elhV1s1uj0qo1_400.gif

Aiii

So not worth it

Fair chance, she is on the Euro tour, so she should be back either sunday or monday or the week after at the latest.

I would reckon they want Paige to get a clean win over Tamina though, so I'd say it's a slim chance for ER.

If you think Paige is retaining on Sunday, I'm afraid I've got some BAD NEWS. It's cool, a Tamina/AJ feud would be better anyway. I've wanted Tamina to shit all over AJ for some time now.

Ithil

If you think Paige is retaining on Sunday, I'm afraid I've got some BAD NEWS. It's cool, a Tamina/AJ feud would be better anyway. I've wanted Tamina to shit all over AJ for some time now.

I see absolutely zero reason why Paige would lose the title after one month, in her first defense, to a wrestler with no upside.

Aiii

So not worth it
Why does Tamina need the title for this? The AJ vs. Tamina feud can easily be done after Paige vs. AJ feud is over and she moves on to the next title challenger.

Wouldn't that be something? Two seperate divas programs going on at one time?
This will never happen.

Vylash

Paige is gonna take the shit out of Tamina, they're way too behind her to have her lose the title to a joke like her

somedevil

More on the booking on the ROH-New Japan shows:

The Toronto show had the ROH booker, Hunter Johnston, do half the show and Gedo & Jado did the other half, with each booking the shows with the guys from their company. For New York, because it was a lot of New Japan vs. ROH matches, it was a political deal with both sides co-booking, using Romero as the intermediary. The idea was that New Japan has certain people they wanted protected in booking, as did ROH, and they worked the matches around that. With Tanahashi working low on the card with Bennett, it seems to tell me that he’s hurting (his back is bad) and they aren’t putting him in a main event spot where there will be more pressure on him to have the 25 minute PPV caliber match. Like I said last year, even though his second and third matches with Nakamura were great, I believe he’s won his last Wrestler of the Year award and will be in the superstar emeritus role and follow the career path of Yuji Nagata at a similar phase, where in his time you can go to him for big matches, but he’s not going to be “the guy” with the world title doing the ****½ PPV matches every month.

So that's why the New York Card is stronger. Plus I bet New Japan sees New York as a stronger market than Toronto so they gave it the better show. Also, one thing New Japan lacks compared to the WWE is a way to make new stars.

Ithil

Shame to see Tanahashi nearing the end of his time on top, he's one of their best ever for match quality and consistency. But he's nearing 40, can't keep it up forever.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Over the last few months, I have become such a huge Body mark. For a guy who doesn't have that many memorable matches or even promos, he just carries himself like such a god damn star. He was the first real superstar I can think of in wrestling history.

Yeah, Billy Graham was first, but it always came off as a gimmick and only a gimmick. With the Hollywood connections constantly coming up on commentary, Jesse just come off as a superstar. And his commentating is amazing. As are his clothes.

More on the booking on the ROH-New Japan shows:

So that's why the New York Card is stronger. Plus I bet New Japan sees New York as a stronger market than Toronto so they gave it the better show. Also, one thing New Japan lacks compared to the WWE is a way to make new stars.
No weekly show and the barriers of entry are too great. Need a cheaper alternative. Alao nrahs in NJPW cant get over with their mic work....

#samuraitv #allpaleeverything

Vylash

According to F4WOnline.com, word coming out of Japan is that KENTA is indeed heading to WWE, however the official announcement has not been made yet by WWE or KENTA. There are those in WWE under the impression that KENTA has signed a deal, however the announcement will likely not be made until KENTA officially finishes up with Pro Wrestling NOAH on May 17th.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Can't wait for Ryu Akuma to debut in the WWE. Where he can't use any of his moves that have been stolen by bryan and punk

Please keep in mind that all that was said was "that's the impression". Nothing even close to "Yes, confirmed but no official announcement." They're not the same thing, despite whatever news "source" that comes from says.

Can't wait for Ryu Akuma to debut in the WWE. Where he can't use any of his moves that have been stolen by bryan and punk

Hey! Loogit Maggle! It's Yoshi Tatsu's cousin! I love it!

The Authority hiring KENTA to take out Bryan after everybody else has failed could be a pretty awesome storyline that produce some amazing matches and fills the issue of their being nobody for Bryan to fight against. Of course we're going to get him in as Yoshi's brother but a man can dream.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
kenta's not gonna be shit in wwe, don't expect anything good

So Tensai is gonna get attacked soon by his Japanese brother on NXT. I wonder how many Japanese characters can they fit on KENTA's face

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
No, real talk, I love KENTA but

what can he actually do for WWE? Trainer! or can he? no ingles.

Showaddy

I think we'll be lucky to see KENTA out of NXT and on the main roster this year unfortunately. They'll want to keep him down there for a good few months at least.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Do we know KENTA can't speak English? Plenty of Japanese students learn English now. Okada and Nakamura are fluent at writing it, for example.

Shibata would have been a better fit for WWE than KENTA though. Bring them in as a tag team.

somedevil

So Tensai is gonna get attacked soon by his Japanese brother on NXT. I wonder how many Japanese characters can they fit on KENTA's face

He not called Tensai anymore. Besides when KENTA comes he going to NXT so he time to learn some English and probably tone done his stiff strikes.

Also, TNA didn't chart again in the top 100. Ooops.

This is WWE, R-Truth can only team up with other Black People. They will have none of this diversity crap dammit!
No but Aiii, don't you see? It will be funny because Kenta is Asian and can't speak English well so imagine him rapping! And DANCING!

Might as well get my Wrestling Dontaku picks in now (Bootaay, you may critique)

0. Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Tiger Mask, KUSHIDA & Yohei Komatsu vs. Captain New Japan, El Desperado, BUSHI & Mascara Dorada
Opening 8-man dark match, yay. Both have major jobbers in Komatsu and Captain on either side so hard to pick a winner. I'll go with Tenzan's team because why not.

1. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Title: Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson (c) vs. Rocky Romero & Alex Koslov
This should be a lot of fun, but the Bucks should win to continue the ROH/NJPW partnership.

2. Special Tag Match: Toru Yano & Takashi Iizuka vs. Minoru Suzuki & Shelton Benjamin
This is the feud that doesn't eeeenddd. Suzuki finally got a win over Yano in the NJC, and Yano and Iizuka did about as well as expected against the Gracies, so they have this match. Hopefully Suzuki wins so he can be built up as a title threat again, and Suzuki-gun stops looking like a joke.

3. NWA World Heavyweight Title: Satoshi Kojima (c) vs. Wes Brisco
Another big company castaway joins up with BRUCE THARPE DES~. I was kind of hoping Wes would join up with the Bullet Club but I'm assuming they want him to have this match first since his Uncle Jack was such a prolific champion. Either way he's going to get his head LARAITOED off.

4. Special Tag Match: Yuji Nagata & Manabu Nakanishi vs. Hirooki Goto & Katsuyori Shibata
I'm guessing they're serious about pushing Goto and Shibata as a...heel? tweener? tag team, so throw him up against these guys, makes sense. No real point for Nagata and Nakanishi to win this as NJPW are doing nothing with them.

5. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title: Kota Ibushi (c) vs. Ryusuke Taguchi
Ibushi hasn't exactly set the world on fire as champion, but Taguchi should be a fun opponent. I gotta think Ibushi takes it here, but I'm guessing a rematch will be coming up very soon.

6. NEVER Openweight Title: Tomohiro Ishii (c) vs. Tomoaki Honma
2014 has been the year of Ishii so far, as his matches with Naito have been amazing and he's really built up the NEVER belt. Honma won't win here but this one should be very hard-hitting.

7. Special Elimination Match: Hiroshi Tanahashi, Togi Makabe, Tetsuya Naito & Jushin Thunder Liger vs. Karl Anderson, Doc Gallows, Bad Luck Fale & Tama Tonga
So this is a Survivor Series match basically, right? They seem to be building up a Tanakabe vs. Gallows/Anderson title feud, and why not, as it gives all four guys something to do and keeps Tanahashi relevant after losing his ace status. I think the Bullet Club takes it though as they seem to be pushing Fale as the next Gaijin monster like Vader, Bigelow, Norton, and Bernard before him.

8. Wrestling vs. Jiu-jitsu MMA Fight: Shinsuke Nakamura & Kazushi Sakuraba vs. Daniel Gracie & Rolles Gracie
Well, this should be terrible. I know the Gracies are considered gods in Japan but ever match they've had so far has been awful. This is building up to a Daniel vs. Nakamura match so the Gracies take this.

9. IWGP Heavyweight Title: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. AJ Styles
Shocking as it is, I think AJ takes it here. They wouldn't bring him in just to lose his first NJPW match as a full-timer, and while I can see NJPW being gunshy to put the title on him after the Lesnar disaster, I think Styles is loyal enough to do it, plus it further pushes the ROH/NJPW partnership.

Ithil

Do we know KENTA can't speak English? Plenty of Japanese students learn English now. Okada and Nakamura are fluent at writing it, for example.

Shibata would have been a better fit for WWE than KENTA though. Bring them in as a tag team.

He speaks some, I've seen him say stuff in English before. Probably would need lessons, though.

There's a video MVP made around the G1 Glimax 2012 where he talks to tall the participants, all in English, so you can see which ones only know a little English and which ones he can have conversations with. Nakamura was able to spell out some stuff in the English alphabet so I assume he has had lessons (I don't think you'd pick up specifics about the alphabet just from talking to English speakers) and Okada seems pretty much fluent. More importantly Okada doesn't have much of a problem enunciating, which is the biggest thing holding them back; Japanese enunciation is a lot different.

I assume Okada learned English when he was in the US on his learning excursion. I think Nakamura speaks some Spanish, too, so he's fine with languages.

I remember in Nakamura's card opening video, he mentioned why Prince Devitt is called Prince Devitt and not Fergal Devitt, it's that Fergal is near impossible for a Japanese person to pronounce, which of course he demonstrated then by trying to say it and it coming out as something like "Felugeroo".

Top Bottom